It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religous intolerence in Scottish football

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk
i'm not saying all celtic or rangers fans are sectarian bigots , but that's the sort of experience i had on more than one occasion .

It's like that in most of Europe... Try walking around in Rotterdam wearing an Ajax jersey, and see if you'll make it out of there in one piece. The same with wearing a Feyenoord or PSV jersey in some parts of Amsterdam.

About 10 years ago there was a big battle on a wide open field in Beverwijk, a small town about 20 miles away from A'damn, in which hundreds of Feyenoord supporters were on one side of the field, and hundreds of Ajax supporters were on the other side. Armed with sticks, bats and whatnot they ran and crashed into each other fighting, just like you'd see in the ancient war movies nowadays. One guy died.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by Hvitserk
i'm not saying all celtic or rangers fans are sectarian bigots , but that's the sort of experience i had on more than one occasion .

It's like that in most of Europe... Try walking around in Rotterdam wearing an Ajax jersey, and see if you'll make it out of there in one piece. The same with wearing a Feyenoord or PSV jersey in some parts of Amsterdam.

About 10 years ago there was a big battle on a wide open field in Beverwijk, a small town about 20 miles away from A'damn, in which hundreds of Feyenoord supporters were on one side of the field, and hundreds of Ajax supporters were on the other side. Armed with sticks, bats and whatnot they ran and crashed into each other fighting, just like you'd see in the ancient war movies nowadays. One guy died.

a bit different though , for glasgow it is a political/ religious case , now for most of the other cases of football violence it is the "good old firms" meeting and smashing their skulls in , the old school hooliganism . But i must admit that even hooliganism is very often infiltrated by politically motivated people , usually far right movements seeking "soldiers" .

[edit on 15-9-2006 by Hvitserk]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join