It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism rides the bus in 2006

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

There's no excuse for this bus driver. I hope they fire his lillywhite ars.

It's a woman dgtempe, once again bother to do some reading before showing your ignorance all over the place.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Gazz don't be so quick to judge because two black women accuse a white women of forcing their children to the back of the bus. It is also probable that the bus driver yelled at the black kids, who went home to mommy and had mommy accuse the bus driver of racism to get her fired.

All hearsay if you ask me, but of course anything involving the evil white race inflicting humility on the poor black race must be exploited at all cost, and the accused to be found guilty via media.

Also Verfed makes a good point, when I was in middle school kids fought for the back of the bus, it is where the cool older kids sit while the nerds sit in the front duh!

Also, was there no camera on the bus to show the allegations being brought against this driver? Or should we fire folks, maybe throw em in jail and let a civil suit by NAACP follow simply because a black women says so?

Please, this is no incident with out evidence, which I see none.

I have to agree with RockPuck here.....there is no evidence other than alleagations which may hold some other motivation.

If the situation was reversed how much evidence would be needed to show this was being done to white kids? would any action be taken on pure allegation?

exactly....so why are any of these allegations being taken as gospel? because black women are screaming "racist".......
typical.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
would any action be taken on pure allegation?

That's kinda what i was asking before .. what does the driver have to say about this? Were those kids bothering the driver while she was driving? That's a safety thing and then I can understand sending them away from the front. If they did nothing wrong then the driver is totally at fault. But the article does say that the dirver has been driving for a long time and had no other complaints.

I'd like to see what the driver says and what the other kids on the bus have to say before hanging the driver from the nearest tree branch.

If it was an 'out of the blue' racist incident then the driver should be fired. But considering there hadn't been any others ...
WHAT changed? The driver? This groupb of kids behavior? What??

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

There's no excuse for this bus driver. I hope they fire his lillywhite ars.

It's a woman dgtempe, once again bother to do some reading before showing your ignorance all over the place.
Oh, of course!!! How could i have possibly said "he" instead of "she"

If i were you, i'd stop calling me "ignorant" ignoramus, ok????? Thank you so very much.
I'll leave this thread , on that note.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well I am still waiting to heard more from the Incident before going into conclusions.

Like Flyers I am asking more about the situation than just the opinions on the issue.

Anybody has any news on the case?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Marg, nobody will talk about this again. It is as it is, what more evidence do we need? I think the bus driver was being racist.

It happens.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The problem is that I live in the south and we have many incidents going around of racism involve and most of the time it ends up as a big propaganda.

It happens around my neck of the woods all the time is alot of opportunist taking advantage of situations even I was accused once of racist by a girl in the classroom because she said that I gave more attention to white girls than blacks.

Now see my point, it happens.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Marg, nobody will talk about this again. It is as it is, what more evidence do we need? I think the bus driver was being racist.

It happens.

There is no evidence of it...

Let me put it this way, and anyone in America will understand what I mean when I say it.

Jesse Jackson is not there..

Again, anyone who knows anything about racism in America, that should be enough said, I will elaborate for those blind and ignorant of our little world we live in.

If there was evidence to prove this was a racial act, Jesse Jackson would be there, or someone like him, the NAACP would be there, there would be constant media coverage because bad white folk on TV make for good ratings.

If there was evidence.. it would not have disapeered so fast with out any follow up, here is what I think happened. It turned out to be a misunderstanding, or it turned out to be a blatent lie and therefore the media does not report on it because that would make black folk mad and again, doesn't make for good ratings, so it is dropped entierly and never heard from again.

But... DG.. you can go on saying the ladys "lilwhite arse" should be canned because a black mother screamed racism, which should be enough to condemn a white womens arse no?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Oh well, if the story goes as it was initially told.....YES. It was racism. Now keep in mind that i am of Spanish ancestry (European) and i am white. (so my parents tell me)

What? Are you saying that this story hasnt been proven? What more proof are you going to get than the original story?? You dont think you will be getting updates of this, do you?
YES. Her butt ought to be fired no matter what if the initial story is correct. IF its not correct- well then-.......the media lied.

Dont be naive, i am basing all this on the assumption that the story is CORRECT.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Dont be naive, i am basing all this on the assumption that the story is CORRECT.

I know, dg I know and occurs we all outrage that something like that happen in our time.

But here in the south hon, is stuff going on that will make you be very skeptical on anything that is label racism.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Anybody has any news on the case?

If you need to know more, here are some paragraphs from the latest news regarding this case...

The "other stuff" is the controversy that has been swirling since last week -- as the nation looks on -- when the mothers of nine black children filed a complaint against bus driver Delores Davis, who is white, saying she assigned their children to the back two seats of her bus while allowing the remaining white passengers to sit one and two to a seat. The children made the allegations the previous week and told their mothers they still were required to sit at the rear of the bus after Davis made new seating assignments at the urging of the Central Office.

Davis, of the Martin community, is suspended without pay at least until the Red River School Board meets next week. She did not return messages left on her answering machine last week. And Tuesday, she responded with "no comment" to questions posed at her home by a Times reporter.

But Davis has indicated her seat assignments were the result of problems with implementation of a seating chart for students on the bus that had been established last year and were not an attempt by her to segregate the students on the basis of race, according to a written statement Red River schools Superintendent Kay Easley released Friday.

"Regardless of the cause for the action, however, it cannot be tolerated," Easley's statement adds.

Full Article link

If there are any further updates, I will post them here.

Ah, now we have a reason, problems with implementation of a seating chart.

As I speculated in another post in this thread, I believe the school district is already negotiating with the families, and soon all of this will "go away"

So there may be no updates after this, whether it was racism or not is up to each of you.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Oh well, if the story goes as it was initially told.....YES. It was racism. Now keep in mind that i am of Spanish ancestry (European) and i am white. (so my parents tell me)

What? Are you saying that this story hasnt been proven? What more proof are you going to get than the original story?? You dont think you will be getting updates of this, do you?
YES. Her butt ought to be fired no matter what if the initial story is correct. IF its not correct- well then-.......the media lied.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by dgtempe]

DG, I do not care if you are spanish, which I believe is pretty close to being white, or if you where straight from Algeria. White people are often racist to other white people because they think they need to feel bad for what ever reasons, and are over sensitive to race issues.

Now forgetting your race or ethnicity, why on earth should this lady be fired even if the black women lied? How does that make sense??

Dg you should be fired because I don't think you like Canadians.

I don't even know what you do, what you said, how you said it, what you ment but from what I see you hate canadians, so what ever your job being.. your fired.

Doesn't make sense does it? To ruin someones career because of someone shooting their mouth off, you cannot play around with screaming race, because people really do get hurt through lies.

If actual evidence comes out, like say a camera on the bus maybe, then of course the driver should be fired. Seeing as her history is clean, why one day would she decide that all black sit in the back??

I fail to see your logic in fireing her whether this is true or not....

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Rockpuck,

Jesse Jackson is too busy working to negotiate a trade between Hezbollah and Israel.

But I think we can establish the existence of racism without his presence.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Description of the town This article is about a recently discovered serial killer from the same area, and the reaction most fo the locals had over it. This town is directly between 2 largers cities in Louisiana....that are not close together.

This is a cooment by someone who allegedly rode in her bus:

I have known the bus driver all my life. She is a well liked person, always caring of the children, and never would do anything purposefully racist. Some one commented on the TV that she has never had Black people on her route, only white people. This is an untrue fact. Her route carried black people for many years.

Further down. same place:

They interviewed the driver who has had the same policy for more than two decades. With the start of each school year, students who usually ride her bus take their same seats while the empty spots are reserved for the new kids.

Kapatrea Smith, a student who rode Davis' bus for 12 years, says, "When I heard the allegations I just felt compelled to call her and let her know that all the years I rode her bus I never heard her make a racist remark or show any prejudices towards me or any of the blacks kids on the bus."

The driver is being forced to resign anyway, "for her own safety" (read, to shut the public up with their knee-jerk black and white reactions, because this got national attention before the facts were known) .

Read this last paragraph carefully, people. Much more to the sotry than one article debated by people who didn't check for more articles, no? I should have much sooner, so I'm not lambasting anyone.

There are hints from this that her seating chart isn't even fully hers to decide.

Anywho, more articles:
Against her
Against her
Probably most unbiased
Title, at least, is halarious

[edit on 31-8-2006 by jlc163]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well, I dont hate Canadians

Now the story takes a twist and casts a shadow on the REAL events of that day. Its becoming clearer that maybethere is something fishy going on here....
So, thanks. I'm really surprised about the updates to this story.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I think the bus driver has to thank her lucky stars that not everyone is ignorant enough to make this a racist issue. There will always be those entities that see everything as racist. If a white dude walks in front of a black dude into a mall then he is racists and should have let the black dude in first.

I believe what we need to understand is that some people are well balanced and have a chip on each shoulder while others are happy to know the truth before passing judgement on someone and become almost frenzied like a shark biting chunks from a dead whale. I believe, given half a chance, some would just prefer to go to this woman’s house and string her up.

I have to say that I am amused. Regardless of associations, organisations, individuals etc, racism will never end! And it is true, as mentioned earlier in this thread, racism is learned and kids do not know racism naturally. Kids in kindergarten etc can get along like they are all purple. It is when adults continually point out the differences and “look what happened” etc that kids start to take note of DIFFERENCES!!!

I have seen blacks being MORE racist towards blacks that some whites and visa versa. It isn’t always a RACE thing but a “where do you fit in societies” etc etc… If we get with the picture and FORGET colour and take the blinkers off we will see what is really going on. The US has been going through this sort of struggle for years and years and, as in third world countries even, it will always be there and no amount of laws etc will make it go away.

I just think that these kids felt hard done by and ran home to tell mommy how badly they were treated and the PARENTS turned this into a racist issue and then the kids learned that this was because they were black and now they too believe in racism and the world drags on through its everlasting BS and “oh we are so hard done by” when there are so many who have picked themselves up and moved forward to become world leaders and some of societies finest and COLOR DID NOT play a part.

Let’s stop blaming racism for everything that happens between colour groups and evaluate everything with the same due diligence. Well that’s what the educated would do in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So thanks to JLC163 and UMGAZZ we know the history of the driver - no previous problems with racism even though there had been black children on the bus during previous years and former black riders all say they were treated fine.

We also know that the driver was implementing a seating chart not of her making.

The questions remaining -

- who made the seating chart and why was it arranged in that fashion? What decisions were made in deciding who sat in the seats? (alphabetical? By age? By gender? By race?)

- what previous discipline problems, if any, have those students had? They driver hasn't had any previous problems but what about the students? Are they well behaved or have they been a problem in school and a distraction for the bus driver (safety hazard)??

If it was a seating chart based on race then it wasn't the fault of the bus driver, it was a person in the school or school district who made it. Then it's a case of racism. If the seating chart was based on disipline problems of the children then it's the children's own fault that they were made to sit away from the driver.

If it is a chart based on race .. then the driver deserves an apology from everyone concerned and someone in the school district should be in serious trouble.

Three BIG things I see here

- a school bus driver is now out of a job and is in fear for her safety because she was doing nothing wrong and was doing her job.

- we don't know who made the seating chart or their reasons for it.

- the bus was obviously overcrowded if that many children were having to squeeze in just those few seats. This is a safety problem.

[edit on 8/31/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
Jesse Jackson is too busy working to negotiate a trade between Hezbollah and Israel.

Oh? Cindy Sheehan and her buddies are over in that area too. Guess he's too busy to get involved with this one, eh?
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/31/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Flyers good points, I only will said by experience that here where I am at, is standard procedure to dismiss the person that has been accused of any racist conduct even if is prove to be wrong.

The school system doesn't want any confrontations because it becomes very costly.

Even teachers when they are accused of anything be racist or not, they are on their own, the county doesn't provided with lawyers be the person Innocent or not.

And because is not teachers unions allow they get not help either.

During my time in the school system I saw many cases and they most of the time were base on racism even when many were dismissed but the teachers would rather stop teaching after having their reputation soiled.

Once the media takes hold of the issue . . . people tend to make their minds about the situation the way is presented to them in the media.

Even if many will come forward written statements to the contrary is usually to late for the person involve and the schools boards made their minds from the beginning onces it hits media attention.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is a diffrent story, for perspective:

When in homeroom, my Junior year of highschool, what has got to be the blackest boy I've ever met (I mean, at night, I wouldn't see him easily unless he smiled) was being verbally atacked by a caramel colored black girl..."nothing but a puff of smoke" and something about him being ugly because he was so black kept coming up in an arguement that originally had nothing to do with race. The teacher, a young white woman, said nothing. What could she say? All the white kids in the room would either laugh when the blacks did, or look uncomfortably away. Apparantly the young man was used to this arguement because he didn't do anything about it but shut up. The saddest part to me, looking back, is that the most attractive person in the room was that black boy.

As I was a student, I could have gotten away with what I wanted to say, but I didn't speak up: "Shut up. To every white person in this room, there is no distinction becuase you are lighter and he's darker. Y'all are both black, and if I was going to discriminate against him because he's black, I'm going to discriminate against you. Hell, if I was racist, I'd be more likely to discriminate agaisnt you because you are the one whose getting abover 'your station'." I was not nearly the character I am now that I was back then. I should have said something.

My point? Whites can't do anything without being wrong in this kind of situation. If I had said anyhting, word would have gotten around school that I was racist. What the did say about me was bad enough, anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join