It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUSHI!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I love Sushi!

Who else does it? Expensive food, a culture, and very very healthy.

Not the thing you prepare at home, but you can go to a Sushi-bar, eat it or takeaway.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I lubs it

eel, and octopus ftw!

I just don't like mackerel its greasy imo

or whole baby octopus aint my thang...

or the fish egg kind thats just nub gud lats gruk dis?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sushi Pictures

Some nice SUSHI pics.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
me so hungry, me, me, me so hungry, me so hungry.~

me eat looong time~

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Oh no I don't like sushi
I think it's disgusting, but I don't care if other people like it. My daughter loves it.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
ebi and unagi with soy sauce and wasabi goes so good in my stmoach from time to time, i love to eat that stufff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Be carefull where you eat sushi. Make sure you go to a legitimate Japanese Sushi Sashimi joint! When I was in the hospitol a few years back, one of my roommates was in there for food poisioning from eating sushi. He was still in there when I came for my followup appointment half a year later.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I've got some in the fridge I bought from Asda, but I havn't plucked up the courage to eat it. I'm such a wuss..............:shk:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Mmmmmm. Sushi. I love it, around here you can only buy it in the packets.

I went once to a sushi bar in China Town. Mmmm was it nice or NICE!!

I sat on the edge of the table and sushi went around on the belt.

Was so good mmmm. I am hungry now

Oni x x

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Yeah I like Sushi but i've only had it from Asda's and all you get is the tuna and cucumber rolls.

It suprises me how something so small, can be so filling tho.

I need to get to a sushi restaurant to try the other stuff avaliable

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sushi's very expensive when you buy it at shops or places like resturants, however its actually very cheap to make (often the reason why it is so expensive when ready made is because it doesn't have a long shelf life, and resturants need qualified sushi chefs who are expensive to employ if they want to sell authentic sushi), but its actually not difficult at all to make depending on the type of sushi you want to make.

I highly recommend "Sushi taste and technique" by Kimiko Barber and Hiroki Takemura, the book tells in great detail how to make many types sushi from scratch and has filled with lovely pictures as well to guide you through the processes, sushi can be very fun and interesting to make and its also easy to come up with your own new recipes as well- a lot of the types of sushi sold ready made now days are not japanese recipes at all, but rather western (like the California roll).

The only thing i would warn about making sushi that contains raw fish is that fish often contain tapeworm (particularly juevenile ones that live in the actual flesh of the fish) which can be passed onto people. If you are feel a bit squeemish around such parasites (its important to thoroughly check the fishes flesh as you prepare it for these things), then either freeze or cook the fish (which will kill off any parasites living in it) or use other ingredients like prawns, crabs, octopus etc...Salmon are particularly prone to carrying tapeworm.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I love the stuff, but yes it is terribly expensive to go to sushi bars. We have alot of japanese where I live so they have more than one place in town that sells it.

Also, they sell alot of that plum wine or saki they like to drink, lol.

new topics

top topics

join