It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's President says his country is not a threat to Israel!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well said steveR. I will take lunch now and resume. AAC

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Why don't they let them have nuclear power, and just keep a UN member to oversee all production?

Yeah, that will work:

Iran Refuses U.N. Inspectors, Diplomats Say
VIENNA, Austria -- Iran has turned away U.N. inspectors wanting to examine its underground nuclear site in an apparent violation of the Nonproliferation Treaty, diplomats and U.N. officials said Monday.

www.newsmax.com...

and

Iran denies inspectors access to site
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran turned away U.N. inspectors from an underground site meant to shelter its uranium enrichment program from attack, diplomats said Monday, while the country's supreme leader insisted Tehran will not give up its contentious nuclear technology.

news.yahoo.com...

What do you think they are hiding, hmm?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
becky,

We all read current events. I am aware of this as well. This was before they had to respond to their own SET DEADLINE. Aug. 22. And they said they would stop enriching until they got a fair deal. US said their proposal was not good enough.

Knowing this: Now let's pretend. You start your country, domesticate it to a respectable image. Then your scientists are able to enrich uranium for energy purposes, which causes your country proud emotions. Then the bully on the block sends his chronies in to look at your stuff, tells you that you can no longer do it, then states how they'll LET YOU do it this way or that way.

Put yourself in the citizens of Irans shoes. The same citizens that march 1 million strong in Tehran after 9/11 in FAVOR of US. They just want to be their own country with the same rights everyone else had.

Bush wanted to wiped the saddam regime off the map for his own selfish reasons, lied to get us there, then tore the country a new butthole. What do the iranians think of these actions? Think hard on it please.

AAC

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Double post sorry!

[edit on 26-8-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
What do you think they are hiding, hmm?

What do you think our governments are hiding? UN inspectors would be allowed nowhere near our top secret sites. You know this. It can easily be turned around as can many things.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Our country doesnt threaten to wipe other countries off the map either. There is such a thing as a "responsible" nuclear power and thus far the regimes in Iran and North Korea have done absolutely NOTHING to help either of their cases as solidifying themselves as responsible regimes who can be trusted with nuclear weapons. Point blank. End of case. Thanks for playing.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The US Army is manufacturing anthrax this year and other biologicals "en masse". That's just one thing, and it's pretty hush hush. You have no idea, all you think is what they tell you to. Pathetic really.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
becky,

We all read current events. I am aware of this as well. This was before they had to respond to their own SET DEADLINE. Aug. 22. And they said they would stop enriching until they got a fair deal. US said their proposal was not good enough.

First of all, the username is jsobecky. Please keep your abbreviations and assumptions to yourself.

Fair deal to them is to allow them to continue along their path of nuclear weapons.

Knowing this: Now let's pretend. You start your country, domesticate it to a respectable image.

I won't go any farther with this, because you'd really have to be pretending to think Iran is "respectable". They openly sponsor terrorism. They refuse to let candidates on the ballot. They demean women. They are far from respectable.

Then the bully on the block sends his chronies in to look at your stuff, tells you that you can no longer do it, then states how they'll LET YOU do it this way or that way.

Bully on the block? We're talking the IAEA here. And the UNSC is threatening sanctions. The world is against them having nuclear weapons. For you to say that the US is behind all of this is disingenuous.

They just want to be their own country with the same rights everyone else had.

There is no inherent "right" for a madman to possess nuclear weapons.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
The US Army is manufacturing anthrax this year and other biologicals "en masse". That's just one thing, and it's pretty hush hush. You have no idea, all you think is what they tell you to. Pathetic really.

Where's your proof? And where's your further proof that the US plans to use it offensively, if at all true?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
They openly sponsor terrorism. They refuse to let candidates on the ballot.

ROFL. You're not the brighest bulb in the bunch are you? Do you know how many terrorist and guerilla groups the US and UK has sponsored in the past 50 years? And how much corruption we have in political elections?

By the way, Google is your friend.
www.theregister.co.uk...

[edit on 26/8/06 by SteveR]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wow...some people here are freaking clueless. They've been brainwashed into thinking that the USA is bad and corrupt, out to kill everyone yadda, yadda, yadda and now regimes such as Iran and Syria and N Korea and groups such as Hamas, Hezbo etc are now being defended?? Freaking pathetic that is what it has come to. To all those people who truly feel that way and live in this country i wish they would leave if they think things are so bad. They stay here because the US gives them the right to speak their minds, but if things are so bad then why stay? Go somewhere else.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have a better proposal. Go join up and fight on the front lines. Then maybe we'll either lose you or you'll become re-educated. Win-Win.

[edit on 26/8/06 by SteveR]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Whatever...your statements are a cop out and a short cut to thinking.

Paranoia will detroy ya

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Whatever...your statements are a cop out and a short cut to thinking.

Paranoia will detroy ya

How can thinking things through MORE be a shortcut to thinking? Twice you have made shortsighted responses. I would love to hear that you're being sarcastic now... Let me know.

AAC

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
So paranoia is actually called "thinking things through" LOL!!!! Now ive heard it all. Ive seen some crazy things being spun on this board such as how terrorists are good and the US is bad etc, but now paranoia is thinking things through?

Okay. You win.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I am proud of Israel's committment to civil rights inside it's country. I am equally appaled at the treatment of it's neighbors and other ethnic groups.

Steve, that is a sweet post and very very sensible, but your first sentence kinda threw me for a loop... Israel treats it's non-jewish population like second class citizens.

The Israeli foreign policy has deeper origins and reasons than one would think. It is the main antagonist in the Middle East, and the cause of many brave middle eastern men joining resistance groups. The cycle will not end in this cesspit of manufactured hate and misery.

You cannot end a cycle of hate with MORE hate and destruction. You cannot destroy evil with evil. Ghandi knew this, so did Jesuit and the other great men of our time.

Very very true.

And Gandhi knew this because he lived it in South Africa where he was treated as a half-caste coloured. Then he went home. realized it was how he had been brought up too, and fought the Home Office for their offenses. Kinda like Hamas and Hezbollah, eh?

You must appeal to the fundamental instincts of human beings to wage your wars in borderline socially-acceptable circumstance. In other words, FEAR. We are the true targets, folks, we are being drowned by the propaganda machine.. Just like the citizens of Nazi Germany were when the French freedom fighters were labelled evil terrorists and insurgents.

We must stand up and declare our independence - our freedom of thought and information. We must end the evil and dark perversions with the only antidote there can ever be - love and understanding for all and the realization of the dormant potential in every one of us. The potential to change our world and make a difference.

If we become the mindless drones they want us to be, there will never be any counterbalance and the hate will never end.

As for Ahmadinejad, he does what he can. I respect him for tackling evil (as he sees it) without cowardice.

Ahmadinejad is an engineer and a teacher. Shrub is a businessman. What's that tell you about the nature of these men and their objectives and true hopes for their nations?

Does anyone recall the May 9th letter he wrote to Junior? It's worth a read. Here is what he says about Israel:

Young people, university students, and ordinary people have many questions about the phenomenon of Israel. I am sure you are familiar with some of them. (no, just the ones that make money for them)

Throughout history many countries have been occupied, but I think the establishment of a new country with a new people, is a new phenomenon that is exclusive to our times.

Students are saying that sixty years ago such a country did not exist. They show old documents and globes and say try as we have, we have not been able to find a country named Israel.

I tell them to study the history of WWI and II. One of my students told me that during WWII, which more than tens of millions of people perished in, news about the war, was quickly disseminated by the warring parties. Each touted their victories and the most recent battlefront defeat of the other party. After the war they claimed that six million Jews had been killed. Six million people that were surely related to at least two million families.

Again let us assume that these events are true. Does that logically translate into the establishment of the state of Israel in the Middle East or support for such a state? How can this phenomenon be rationalized or explained?

Mr. President,
I am sure you know how – and at what cost – Israel was established:

-Many thousands were killed in the process.

-Millions of indigenous people were made refugees.

-Hundreds of thousands of hectares of farmland, olive plantations, towns and villages were destroyed.

This tragedy is not exclusive to the time of establishment; unfortunately it has been ongoing for sixty years now.

A regime has been established which does not show mercy even to kids, destroys houses while the occupants are still in them, announces beforehand its list and plans to assassinate Palestinian figures, and keeps thousands of Palestinians in prison. Such a phenomenon is unique – or at the very least extremely rare – in recent memory.

He doesn't come out and say, "They stole the land", but it seems to me he is equating 'Israel' to the 'Nation of Islam', a people bound by a common religion to a monothesist god. But not as an organized sovereign state.

He asks a million questions and I wonder if he ever got his answers? Here's another good one I picked out scanning it again:

Why is it that any technological and scientific achievement reached in the Middle East region is translated into and portrayed as a threat to the Zionist regime? Is not scientific R&D [Research & Development] one of the basic rights of nations?

You are familiar with history. Aside from the Middle Ages, in what other point in history has scientific and technical progress been a crime? Can the possibility of scientific achievements being utilized for military purposes be reason enough to oppose science and technology altogether? If such a supposition is true, then all scientific disciplines, including physics, chemistry, mathematics, medicine, engineering, etc. must be opposed.

source

I believe Ahmadinejad to be a man of compassion and conscience. Logic and reason are not unknown in their political world. And they deserve scientic achievement rights as much as anyone else on God's green earth.

And too, shouldn't a teacher know that questions that go unanswered may end up getting answers in a myiad of ways. And sometimes the student needs to find them for him/herself?

That letter shows some interesting insight into the Iranian psyche at the present time, if Mr. Ahmadinejad is a true representation of his constituents. (He is an elected official so we can't take that to them.) Far from the radical islamofascist he'd be made out to be. He may fear God as many good Christians claim to also (Shrub), but they are on a way to progress and he has no fears leading them there. His nation has some brain power and they intend to use it.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
Steve, that is a sweet post and very very sensible, but your first sentence kinda threw me for a loop...

I'm sorry. I was refering to certain desirable laws they have in place that we lack. It isn't relevant to the crisis in the Middle East or foreign policy so it's an unrelated note.

Ahmadinejad is an engineer and a teacher. Shrub is a businessman. What's that tell you about the nature of these men and their objectives and true hopes for their nations?

Ahaminejad was opposed by the rich ruling class in Iran. He won by popular vote. Reminds me of Chavez. Both good men really, but here in the West they will burn you at the stake for seeing past propaganda and thinking such things.

BTW.. everyone. If you want to learn about Chavez, hunt down a documentary called "The Revolution will not be Televised". Well worth a watch.

He asks a million questions and I wonder if he ever got his answers?

The letter was addressed to Bush. I seriously doubt Bush will entertain a philosophical and humanitarian debate. He couldn't even debate Kerry nor his own citizens.

www.youtube.com...

I feel sick knowing what kind of men we have as leaders. What happened to the ideal. An intellectual, a philosopher, a sage.

I believe Ahmadinejad to be a man of compassion and conscience.

You have guts, and I'm right here with you.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
A good thread

It's plain as day if you look at what exactly President Ahmadinejad has been saying regarding Israel. He has never once said he wants to see Israelis or Jews killed. He's actually said he's against bloodshed of all kinds. Which kind of meshes with the fact that Iran has never attacked another country, ever.

So this comes as no surprise to me, but it is surprising to see it being given airplay on a mainstream news outlet. Im sure they'll be inundated with Zionist lobby letters demanding a retraction as it's "biased" and slanted unfairly "against Israel".

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
When President Ahmedinejad says that Israel has nothing to fear from Iran, he is sending a warning.

He is threatening Israel that as long as US does not hit our nuclear plants, we wont attack you.

Iran has said many time before that if US strikes Iran, Iran will hit Israel hard.

Iran believes that US has no problem with Iran and that it is Israel pushing US to attack Iran.

Iran has vowed to wipe Israel off the map because Iran claims that it is Israel that is causing the crisis in middle east.

Ahmedinejad is basically telling to Israel to back off and you will have nothing to worry about.

Otherwise, Iran will nuke Tel Aviv, and not give a damn about Iran being nuked in retaliation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join