It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's President says his country is not a threat to Israel!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So far he has said he wants them wiped off the map. (alternate meanings-Regime change)

Also he says that his country is no threat to the zionist regime.

Who is the fortune teller whom is assured that Iran will make a weapon? That same fortune teller is 0-1 in the guessing game. Remember Iraq?

Why don't they let them have nuclear power, and just keep a UN member to oversee all production?

Is it because they WANT TO MAKE WAR?

"Iran is not a threat to anybody, not even to the Zionist regime," Ahmadinejad said, using Iran's term for its arch-enemy Israel, which the Islamic Republic does not recognize.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 26-8-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
And I SO believe him!!!! That guy is a freakin moron. He needs to shve that monkey off the side of his face and maybe people will believe him more. Right now he is a caricature of himself.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We're not supposed to believe this, because it doesn't help make the case for war.

On the other hand, we're supposed to believe the "wipe israel off the map" thing without question, because it does help make the case for war.

Even though that's a mistranslation: he was calling for "regime change" not genocide.

I'm under no illusions that the Iranian government is some paragon of benevolence.
But the situation is being manipulated by people thirsty for more blood.

The scaremongering needs to be stopped before the war starts.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
He's a freakin' politician...he's going to say what he thinks the most people want to hear. But he's also, apparently, a muslim zealot of the first order. Not a good combination in my book. Of course by saying that I have in the eyes of many, just branded myself as some sort of warmongering pro-Israeli zionist.

He has said on numerous occasions that Israel should be destroyed. I believe he means every word of it. Especially if it ushers in the Age of the Mahdi in the process. Just because he wants to, though, doesn't mean he can, or even will. He's got to know what will happen if he does anything untoward directed at Israel. A nutjob he may be, but a suicidal nut job? Not so much...(knocking on wood).

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Why is it that people here believe what the Iranian government says, regardless of its actions, and at the same time feel that their own government is constantly lying to them.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
haha. but who really believes the president of iran? i mean look at him. he's a nutcase!

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull Of course by saying that I have in the eyes of many, just branded myself as some sort of warmongering pro-Israeli zionist.

Probably. But what makes your statements any different than US politics? They are trying to stay out of conflict. US is trying to get into a conflict. See the difference?

Let me ask you this; why can't we just leave them alone, like they are doing to us?

BUSH: Because they can't have a nuclear weapon!

IRAN: We don't want nuclear weapon, and we'll prove it, but we are proud that our scientist have accomplished a great thing, now you want us to deny ourselves that accomplishment? NO!

BUSH: That's not good enough.

(Who's being unfair in this?)

Israel has Nukes. America has nukes. Pakistan has nukes. N. Korea has nukes. Guess what, US is the only one to use them. Also, remember the Manhattan project? The government said it was ILLEGAL to transport foriegn scientists to US during time of war. So they kept the 2 billion, 50,000 men, 90 foriegn scientists (some stolen), and did it anyway.

We want to be forever the world leader, no matter what the cost. That is our foriegn policy. If they just said what the truth is things would look different.

BTW, by breaking the law in WWII and transporting foriegn scientists here, we were able to build that bomb first, but also Russian spies were able to steal the secrets. So Shyte happens, LET'S JUSTR BE FAIR ABOUT IT!

AAC

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
And I SO believe him!!!! That guy is a freakin moron. He needs to shve that monkey off the side of his face and maybe people will believe him more. Right now he is a caricature of himself.

same thing can be said about bush even a chimp makes more sense that fool

back on topic
last time i checked he refferd to the zionest regieme of israel not israel its self since there is a big diffrence between normal jews and zionests

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well Bush isnt on the news every other day sputing off about wiping other coutries off the map, saying they dont deserve to exist, yadda, yadda, yadda. And if he did say that, you could believe it wouldnt just be talk and it would be done. So far Armendbvfkwgjad does nothing but run his mouth constantly and does nothing to back it up. All retoric, but then again thats all those types of guys seem to do in that part of the world. They must have a certain gene that causes diarrhea of the mouth with no filter.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Equating the Manhatten Project, which oh by the way, helped end WWII, with what Iran may or may not be attempting to do with its nuke program just doesn't work, IMHO. It has only aided in the further destablisation of the region.

Iran aids and abetts numerous terror groups both regionally and globally, and they've left us alone? Strange definition of leaving someone alone you've got going there.

Stolen scientists? From where? Most, if not all, were either American born, or at least recent immigrants from Europe before the war even started. If you are refering to operation Paperclip, that was indeed reprehensible and you'll never hear me say otherwise, but that was not the Manhatten Project, that was the infant space program (Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo, along with the various satellites and rocket programs). That didn't occur until after WWII ended.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by seagull]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well Bush isnt on the news every other day sputing off about wiping other coutries off the map,

I know, he's actually either doing it, or helping do it!

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Equating the Manhatten Project, which oh by the way, helped end WWII

[edit on 26-8-2006 by seagull]

Either you don't know enough about Manhattan Project, or you don't know enough about WWII. The atomic bomb didn't end anything. Japs were negotiating a surrender with the Soviets weeks prior to our dropping the bomb. Also, germany had fell and Mussolini was arrested. So, I don't really understand where you're coming from.

We dropped the bombs to show off to Stalin, and cement our place as a superpower that will remain. Not hating on history, just understanding it. Try it, it feels good.

BTW, have you heard of Werner Von Braun? He was brought here illigally. And though it hasn't been confirmed, alot of history points to Neils Bohr being stolen out of nazi occupied denmark and finally flown to Los Alamos.

AAC

[edit on 26-8-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Well Bush isnt on the news every other day sputing off about wiping other coutries off the map, saying they dont deserve to exist, yadda, yadda, yadda. And if he did say that, you could believe it wouldnt just be talk and it would be done. So far Armendbvfkwgjad does nothing but run his mouth constantly and does nothing to back it up. All retoric, but then again thats all those types of guys seem to do in that part of the world. They must have a certain gene that causes diarrhea of the mouth with no filter.

as said above me bush doesnt really need to shout out his mouth as hes out there doing it or helping in it

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hate to burst your bubble and all. But Japan was preparing to resist the possible invasion of the Home Islands in early 1946, or possibly late 45. That invasion would have been a blood bath of apocalyptic proportions, millions of Japanese civilians, and tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of allied troops would have died. Chemical weapons would have, not might have, would have been used to help secure beachheads on Honshu. Scarey scenario, isn't it? Hiroshima, and Nagasaki, as horrible as they were, quite probably saved lives. We'll never know for sure of course, but the odds are good. Since my father and several of his brothers, and several of my mothers brothers would have been involved in any invasion of the home islands, I have personal reasons to be glad it never happened.

Now since we've thouroughly derailed the thread, I'll attempt to put 'er back on track.

Answer me this, oh muse of history, why does a country that sits on a significant percentage of the worlds oil supply need nuclear energy? They must know, being the peace loving characters that they are, how Israel and most of the rest of the world is going to react, mainly by going monkey poop.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Seagull, all you are doing is spouting off the exact reason that Truman and the Industrial Military Complex claimed as reasons. Did you really think the japs were going to take over the world from their small island? Their allies were dead. Also, remember, Macarther pushed them all the way back home.

And iraq has tons of oil and they still can't get gas. There are processes that transform oil to usable fuel, it isn't easy. Also, nuclear energy is a more formidable fuel source, if it wasn't why does US love it so much?

AAC

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Exactly...Bush is keeping it real. He's either doing it or helping in it. he's not just sitting back and running his mouth like those other dudes.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Exactly...Bush is keeping it real. He's either doing it or helping in it. he's not just sitting back and running his mouth like those other dudes.

"You have voted Princeofpeace a WAY BELOW!"

You have just shown your... TRUE COLORS, that's why I love them, so don't be afraid, to let them show, your true colors... (I was singing as I tryped! :lol

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Where did I say anything of the sort? Of course, the Japanese were not going to take over the world, though they did take a chunk of China and SE Asia, or does your expertise in history neglect to reveal that to you? Even though the Japanese had been pushed out of the south and central pacific they still had formidable forces in Manchuria and in China proper, not to mention Formosa. Some of which would certainly have reached Japan despite the submarine blockade of the Home Islands.

Gee...I sorry if I agree with Truman, didn't mean to offend your obviously delicate sensibilities

You might want to look into the plans that had been formulated for the invasion of Japan, you might find them enlightening.

Iran is pursueing nuclear energy, instead of getting the technology to make gas from oil, cracking plants I think they're called. So they have to get plutonium from a foriegn source, instead of using what they have on hand? Tell me how this makes sense?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Man, before Mahmoud was easy to figure out but now with this comment he's starting to confuse me. What is it Ahamdinejad?! Do you want to wipe us off the map or sit around the table smoking nargila ghalyun with us in a room with lights powered by your new nuclear power plant?! Still I plain don't just trust him.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am proud of Israel's committment to civil rights inside it's country. I am equally appaled at the treatment of it's neighbors and other ethnic groups.

I have the exact opposite opinion towards other middle eastern states such as Iran.

The Israeli foreign policy has deeper origins and reasons than one would think. It is the main antagonist in the Middle East, and the cause of many brave middle eastern men joining resistance groups. The cycle will not end in this cesspit of manufactured hate and misery.

You cannot end a cycle of hate with MORE hate and destruction. You cannot destroy evil with evil. Ghandi knew this, so did Jesuit and the other great men of our time.

You must appeal to the fundamental instincts of human beings to wage your wars in borderline socially-acceptable circumstance. In other words, FEAR. We are the true targets, folks, we are being drowned by the propaganda machine.. Just like the citizens of Nazi Germany were when the French freedom fighters were labelled evil terrorists and insurgents.

We must stand up and declare our independence - our freedom of thought and information. We must end the evil and dark perversions with the only antidote there can ever be - love and understanding for all and the realization of the dormant potential in every one of us. The potential to change our world and make a difference.

If we become the mindless drones they want us to be, there will never be any counterbalance and the hate will never end.

As for Ahmadinejad, he does what he can. I respect him for tackling evil (as he sees it) without cowardice.

[edit on 26/8/06 by SteveR]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join