It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call Of Duty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Call Of Duty is a first person shooter for computer that is set in world war 2 . The game is very interesting and offers some new features that most others dont. For example CoD puts an emphasis on using your squad mates to help keep you alive. One thing about the game though is that even though they want you to help your squadmates and vice versa the bad guys seem to be only shooting at you most of the time. This gets very annoying when you look around and your the only one getting killed. The game though overall is very nice and i recommend getting it. Also CoD sports a multiplayer option for you online gamers as well which though I havent tried it, I would imagine would be very nice. All and all I think Call of Duty is a good game and worth getting. I give it 4.5 ats points out of 5.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I played the demo, and was a little impressed. I think the recent release of all of these WW2 games is getting a bit old. Overall though the graphics were good, gameplay was somewhat original (emphasis on your mates, Freedom Fighters anyone?) sound was excellent.

I'd give it about a 3.75 on the 5 scale.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
www.warbucket.com...

That pretty much sums up my feelings towards WW2 shooters.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i have the demo and its awsome for a demo

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well, seeing as how me and Lysergic are the resident FPS experts around here, I thought I'd see him post in this topic but it looks like he doesn't have anything to say.

I haven't played the demo, but I love the way you can choose which side you want to play. (British, US, or USSR) Adds a new twist on an old idea.

With that out of the way, I'd have to say that yes, WW2 FPS's are getting OLD...very quickly.

If you guys love shooters, do a google search for the game "Painkiller"

That game will turn the genre on it's ear, I promise you that.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
uhh, I like to snipe? *ducks*

I bored of ww2 games.

I want the rail gun please.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Great, and I'll take the BFG 9000

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I had no clue what kind of game it was..

Cost me 49 Euros and 90 Cents..

I have now played it some..

In single player..

Seems like a good buy..
(Its basicly Medal of Honor still.. you just got plenty of squad mates as cannon fodder..)

(Ill only play online after i have finished the single player game..)

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
yes the ww2 genre is getting tired especially after a million hours of dod (Day of Defeat, a half life mod) but this game is pretty good for its type.

also its like medal of honor because it was made by the guys that made it. kinda. the people who made medal of honor split into two groups. one group went and made call of duty. the other went and made or making this vietnam game which i forget the name of.

also painkillers looks a lot like serious sam to me.(yes i knew about painkillers before you mentioned it) just mindless shooting. although serious sam was good at what it was i dont think i could play another game like it. also i am the fps king here at ats. not to mention several kings of other things.

i'm looking forward to dues ex 2: invisible war although i am kind of upset that you dont get to play as jc denton this time around although it makes sense to not play as him sense he was the ultimate killing machine. also i have played half life 2 and it is pretty neat even though its only the e3 beta. i cant give an overall rating for it.i also played doom 3 a long time ago when i had the alpha build and it was pretty neat. i am looking to download the hl1 port files and see if they work. anyone tried that yet? if you dont know what i'm talking about dont respond.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hidden & Dangerous 2 is alot better.
Mainly because it is more realistic than the arcadish CoD.
Oh and CoD is way too short.. what a waste of money it was. And it has no replay value either.. since everything happens almost exactly the way it did the last time. People run in the same places every time

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by Outtis]

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by Outtis]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I finally purchased Call of Duty and it's quite good, although a lot like Medal of Honor (great game). I must say the SOUND MAN!!!! I had to throw on my headsets to play it because it's got awesome sound to be HEARD!!!

As for HD2, that game can lick my bottom. I hate that game for all it's worth. I played the first mission, and uninstalled it. They made the controls way too complicated when they didnt need to. just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I am the expert on FPS games, Kai-Raega!

Call of duty is a good game, The russian level is absolutely amazing in places, even considering it's the tired old q3 engine under the hood. There;s just so much going on. At one point, there was over 50 men streaming up a hill, with gunfire, diving airplanes and huge bomb blasts. Truly a great moment.

Ths sound on my 6.1 speaker system is truly awesome with this game.

Play it on the hardest setting, though, it's fairly easy even on this setting.

Personally, I'm waiting for hl2...... (code stealing bastards, mumble mumble)

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
agreed zzub: that Stalingrad scene is absolutely AMAZING! I have 5.1 sound, unfortunately cant turn it up as much as I'd like, so I have to use my headphones, quite good ones though. I'm hoping the multiplayer is going to be fun. so far I think the best online ww2 multiplayer is BF1942. anyone else a bf1942'er ??

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
bf1942 kicks serious butt in multiplayer mode. I have 4 PC's at my house, all networked together, a couple nights a week, my neighbours pop over and we play secret weapons, I love it!

Have you seen the BF Vietnam trailer (BF2)? It looks pretty good too.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
yeah, the Vietnam looks pretty cool. I was a big fan of the Desert Combat mod (gulf war like) which rocked up until the newer versions, lost it's appeal. I had a lan party here a few weeks ago that rocked serous bottom. we had about 10 people here. I made my little 1.3 ghz pentium, 330 megs of ram the dedicated server. it was awesome. hey, if you want, u2u me, and we can play online sometime

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yes CoD looks pretty hot,hmmmm maybe santa will bring it to me for Christmas this year.

top topics

join