It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran launches new nuclear project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

ARAK, Iran (Reuters) - Iran's president launched a new phase in the Arak heavy-water reactor project on Saturday, saying Tehran would not give up its right to nuclear technology despite Western fears it aims to make atomic bombs.

I find this very discouraging as there has been no headway made to stop the Iranians from getting this far. Are we just waiting untill zero hour to step in or what. We currently have way to to much going on in the world at the moment to be easy on them. Either we are going to do something or we arent wich is it. I would love to believe they are in it for the energy BUT i seriously doubt it now i the time for the world to stand up and say no more to this kind of behavior. Sanctions who cares we need to hit them where it hurts and do it now before we all are loosers. I personally would like nothing better than to have world peace but it aint gonna happen.
Thank you and have a great day if we can sleep with our selfs after allowing this

Nuclear Iran

[edit on 8/26/2006 by lakewoodrealtor]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
But your perfectly fine sleeping at night knowing that a strike on Iran would most likely escalate to a regional war killing unknown amounts of civilians?
Until we get hard evidence that Iran is actually using its Nuclear technology for weapons it would benefit us to just observe. War is not a good option despite what many proclaim.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
All our threats are accomplishing is to convince the Iranians that they need a nuclear weapons capability ASAP before we invade. Our leaders (and more importantly Israel's) know this, which is why they keep making threats. To establish a pretext for war.

The war is not going to be waged to protect us: it is going to be waged for the benefit of Israel and of Big Oil. And US GI's and Iranian civilians are an acceptable sacrifice as far as either are concerned.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
But your perfectly fine sleeping at night knowing that a strike on Iran would most likely escalate to a regional war killing unknown amounts of civilians?

Yes

new topics

top topics

join