It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspirin--what you don't know can kill you...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Aspirin is an artificial replacement of natural extract from bark of poplar and willow trees. One of the components of that extract is a salicin. However there is also hundreds of other components (like flavonoids, enzymes etc.) allowing proper digestion and giving healing effect.
Using aspirin, almost pure salicin it is like to replace red wine with 99% alcohol.
Yes it works but it is as any other artificial chemical pure poison. In the whole living world only humus bacteria�s are able to digest rocks and non-organic (not taken from living organisms) substances.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kronos
Aspirin is an artificial replacement of natural extract from bark of poplar and willow trees. One of the components of that extract is a salicin. However there is also hundreds of other components (like flavonoids, enzymes etc.) allowing proper digestion and giving healing effect.
Using aspirin, almost pure salicin it is like to replace red wine with 99% alcohol.
Yes it works but it is as any other artificial chemical pure poison. In the whole living world only humus bacteria�s are able to digest rocks and non-organic (not taken from living organisms) substances.

Of course I am not just talking about Aspirin, I am talking about all NSAIDS. The block the production of the mucous in the stomach which buffers the acid and protects the stomach lining. With the mucous level decreased the stomach acids can eat through the stomach and cause massive GI bleeding.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   
About drugs that are taken to "beat fever". When people give their kids drugs like let's say Paracetamol to reduce fever when they are sick, they are actually making their kids' imune system weaker. You see we have fever for a reason, it's part of the body's defence against bacterial infection. If your temperature gets over 40�C doctors say that we should use fever reducing medicines, but isn't it sufficient with a cold bath or shower?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
I do not take aspirin and rarely do I use any pharmaceutical.

Amen...I have a medicince cabinet full of prescribed meds...and they all still there....only use when in desparate need. Only thing I use on a regular basis is a nasal sprayer and saline solution to ward off sinus infections...too damn dry here. My grandfather supposedly had alzheimers...doctors started using him as a guinea pig for drugs...needless to say...he died within the year. Go to find out that no one else in my family has ever had alzheimers....so...most likely it was just old age and senility. Anyhoo...make sure you know everything possible about a drug before you pop a pill for an ache....don't be a baby....tough it out....you may live longer.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Amen to that!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
nice avatar...am i right in judging it to be your resultant formation based on wishful thinking?

LOL! Wishful thinking? No. I saw her and she suits my attitude! Heheheeee.... At one point I *did* look like that (minus the grey hair - I color, LMAO) - seriously; a VERY rough year, extra 40 pounds that's now coming back off...

Did I mention my horns?

*batting eyes*

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by andhow

Originally posted by Cyrus
nice avatar...am i right in judging it to be your resultant formation based on wishful thinking?

LOL! Wishful thinking? No. I saw her and she suits my attitude! Heheheeee.... At one point I *did* look like that (minus the grey hair - I color, LMAO) - seriously; a VERY rough year, extra 40 pounds that's now coming back off...

Did I mention my horns?

*batting eyes*

Yeah i know what you mean, i looked like that too, 5 more pounds to go and i'm baaack ~ smirk ~ damn i have 5 grey hairs #$$% it sucks being 34
Old People!

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
LOL! I'm nearing 34, and it's about time to break out the WALKER... And buy a new bottle of Geritol!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
one way to know if u really have od on asprin is you will have a ringing in your ears so loud it drowns out ne thing else ....it is a side efect listing in the pdr(physicians desk refrence)and i speak from exp.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think generally it's a good idea to take some medications/vitamins with food.

The only one I take on an empty stomach is gravol for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Any drug is bad, if abused. People abuse over the counter drugs more than they abuse illegal drugs. Because they're sold over the counter, most people consider them harmless...so they take more. Kind of scary, though. I take large doses of Ibuprofen when I get a headache. It's the only thing that seems to work.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'm about to go and fail my driving test in 2 1/2 hours time (I know this because my driving instructor told me he will be very surprised if I pass
) at the moment I am toying with the idea of popping an asprin as I've heard it can calm the nerves. Has anyone found this to be true, and how long before should I take it?
Any replies within the next hour will be most appreciated . I will read them between trips to the bathroom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join