It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial blackholes are now reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   

by India Daily Technology Team

It started with an idea - European Center for Nuclear Research (CERN) wanted to use their atom smasher to make mini-black holes to study Hawking Radiation.

The idea took off in different parts of the world and scientists are in the process of creating artificial blackholes. These are tiny ones with little power to absorb anything spectacular but never the less they are blackholes created the same way a real one is created through the supernova of big stars.

Scientists are busy studying the effects of manipulating constraints and applying artificial energy to keep the wormholes open. The fact that these wormholes exist such a short time, it makes very difficult to study anything.

Scientists are using computer models and algorithms to move forward in creating the simulation for bending space and time. The artificial mini blackholes (these are really tiny wormholes) are providing data that is fed to the computer model to study the behavior of the points of singularity in the blackhole.

The next step is to ask the computer model to simulate the bending of space and time. For that something has to enter the wormhole and survive to see the effects of bending space and time.

Things are at very early stage. Nevertheless science and technology is not sitting idle. Sooner or later we will create the wormholes as entry to tunnels with another wormhole on the other side.

The amount of energy needed for that will be solid challenge. The larger the wormhole, larger wills the energy required.

We are looking at experiments that will be remembered after twenty or thirty years as remarkable achievements of the human civilization – breaking out from the physical universe to higher dimensions of parallel universes and exposing ourselves to higher order alien civilization thriving there.

i was suprized when i read this! scientists are workin on bending space and time and worm holes and all that stuff you only see in star trek. maybe humans are not so far behind as aliens after all?

cool stuff?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard

i was suprized when i read this! scientists are workin on bending space and time and worm holes and all that stuff you only see in star trek. maybe humans are not so far behind as aliens after all?

I like the find. Outa votes, but i'll remember you later.

I would be surprised if efforts to do so (open wormholes) has not been ernestly sought after for decades in secret.

Interesting you mention Star Trek. Science Fiction gets a bad rap. Think of it, everything that is science fact, was first science fiction.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Great find. This looks like the next scientific fronteir. I can't wait to step into a wormhole elevater. Maralyn Monroe please.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I have difficulty with artificial blackholes. Maybe my understanding of the latest theories are out of whack, though.
If I recall, a black hole has to be "fed" raw material to keep from collapsing, and on a micro-scale it seems this would be nearly impossible.
To obtain an energy signature which is realistic, material has to warped into another state (I think it's described as being stretched).
I could be wrong, though, but this is what I remember.
Of course, they're revamping all theories on black holes now due to resolution enhancement of earth-based optagraphy.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hmmmm...I find a litle bit confusing that in the begining they say artificial blackholes and in the end they use the term wormhole.
Is there any evidence that a blackhole is a wormhole? Anything?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apass
Hmmmm...I find a litle bit confusing that in the begining they say artificial blackholes and in the end they use the term wormhole.
Is there any evidence that a blackhole is a wormhole? Anything?

i think they use wormhole at the end because they can also make wormholes... and they must be of interest to them if the scientists make both.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You got a way above from me for finding that one.

Worm holes and small black holes - Damn as a kid i used to dream of space travel through event horizons and worm holes to explore the galaxies... And now they have started the research ! how cool is that?

I am no way smart enough to understand it all, but this work I hope will lead us one day to space, deep space. the final frontier....

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
i think they use wormhole at the end because they can also make wormholes... and they must be of interest to them if the scientists make both.

I didn't understand that! Where do they say that?

...of creating artificial blackholes. These are tiny ones with little power to absorb anything spectacular...Scientists are busy studying the effects of manipulating constraints and applying artificial energy to keep the wormholes open

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Guys, the source is India Daily.

They have all the credibility of Weekly World News.

Frankly, if WWN said Bat Boy had met with greys to negotiate for the release of Elvis' mutant half-alien son, it would have more journalistic credibility.

Go take a look at CERN's website, see if you see anything about "artificial black holes".

top topics

join