It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

matrix agents, not ATS specific

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
and i would never wish for another being to not be born thats not in my power to dictate...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

According to the astronomers, the true speed is 18 miles/second.

That's 1080 miles per minute.
64,800 miles per hour.

Would this work? :

1080 miles per minute. 60 seconds per minute.

1080/60 = 18 miles per second?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kai-Raega

Originally posted by billybob
agents are scared of or irritated by me. i have KNOWLEDGE. it is the premier weapon against the matrix. faith, then knowledge, and then greater faith.

Am I the only person wishing the Wachowski Brothers had never been born?

The "Matrix" is like the Poor man's Dianetics. L. Ron Hubbard must be running scared.

did you read my opening salvo, agent kai-raega? reality is a matrix. a matrix of vibration. an energy pool. the movie is a great analogy. l. ron hubbard has been demonized by the matrix, too. because he spoke many truths. a closed mind will not experience the wonder. first faith. then knowledge.
battlefield earth wasn't nearly as bad a movie as the media made it out to be. they didn't want people to see the truth in it.

edited for spelling.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by billybob]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
did i unplug someone or cause too many glitches...

because i am still on a global ignore, or am i?...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   

battlefield earth wasn't nearly as bad a movie as the media made it out to be.

Maybe, but did you see Travolta's Hair in that flick? Good lord man, he needs a new stylist. Must we repeat the sin of "White guys wearing dreadlocks"?

Gives me the willies.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kai-Raega

battlefield earth wasn't nearly as bad a movie as the media made it out to be.

MAybe, but did you see Travolta's Hair in that flick? Good lord man, he needs a new stylists. Must we repeat the sin of "White guys wearing dreadlocks"?

Gives me the willies.

total agreement.
hey. what happened? i saw a reply from big sage for this thread, and now it's disappeared. is this some kind of conspiracy?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It's a case of "We don't agree so shut the FROCK up"

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Share the wealth, where is this locked thread?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Share the wealth, where is this locked thread?

the locked thread was called "an experiment: how to recognise an agent of the matrix"

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
did i unplug someone or cause too many glitches...

because i am still on a global ignore, or am i?...

I can see you.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yes, The Matrix was just a movie. A stupid movie at that. No, I am not an "agent", I just thought The Matrix was stupid. It gives fan-boys way too much to think about and it keeps clogging up this board.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Yes, The Matrix was just a movie. A stupid movie at that. No, I am not an "agent", I just thought The Matrix was stupid. It gives fan-boys way too much to think about and it keeps clogging up this board.

it's as genuine a concept as aliens, spiritual conspiracies or most anything else here. yet, this particular topic seems to get matrix agents like you all feisty. once again, i ask, did you read the first post in this thread? i'm not talking about the movie. i'm talking about the real matrix of time, space, light, thought and emotion.
there was no reason for you to post what you did. if you don't like a topic, don't bother with it. the thing is, you don't know why you are compelled to do the things you do. you are more often than not on automatic pilot, reacting to the stimuli in your enviroment without doing any self analysis first. this is how the 'dark side of the force' can operate through most humans. yes, star wars, too, was also 'just a movie', but there is much to be gleaned from these flicks.
agent smith?

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think that American audiences require that a movie provide the answers and wrap up ideas before the credits role. I think some of the criticisms levied against the Matrix sequels come back to this point.
I believe that many of the "philosophical' questions raised in these movies cannot be "answered" in the classical sense.
A teacher can not point out Zen to you...they can only force you to question your own nuerological prejudices untill you realize that you are the one that makes the grass green.
I applaud the Wachowski brothers for not 'handing us the answers' but requiring us to think for ourselves.
Its not a concept that many people feel comfortable with but given time they will come to appreciate.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
I think that American audiences require that a movie provide the answers and wrap up ideas before the credits role. I think some of the criticisms levied against the Matrix sequels come back to this point.
I believe that many of the "philosophical' questions raised in these movies cannot be "answered" in the classical sense.
A teacher can not point out Zen to you...they can only force you to question your own nuerological prejudices untill you realize that you are the one that makes the grass green.
I applaud the Wachowski brothers for not 'handing us the answers' but requiring us to think for ourselves.
Its not a concept that many people feel comfortable with but given time they will come to appreciate.

hey! you're not agent smith. well said.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
wow. i just found this thread accidentally through a google search.

must be time to revisit it.

i was surprised with my opening salvo here(i'd forgotten about this whole 'board issue'.) pretty cool, billybob.

remember, the 'matrix' is a pavlovian maze, not a literal computer sim. you have been programmed by, predominantly, language. this is what i mean by 'spell' in my signature. we are all under a 'spell', and a very powerful one at that. a video could come out which shows o.j. stabbing his wife, and it would mean nothing because the WORDS protect the 'innocence' of o.j. extrapolate that to your favourite super-criminal, or political prisoner, or systemically demonised truth-seeker, and realise that 'justice' is a rare thing indeed.

for example, 'detainees' are not subject to the geneva convention, where-as, POW's are. in other words, it's okay to treat people with no uniform differently than people with a uniform.

this tyranny of language was EXACTLY what inspired james joyce to write finnegan's wake. this book deconstructs the 'spell' and frees the mind(you will need a spoon to dig your way out, though. it's a tough prison. there is a spoon. you just have to create it with your mind.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join