It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prevent vote fraud prevention?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Gee, you'd think they'd be in favor of fixing the problem. I forgot, some folks make a career of of problems.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 06:37 AM
link   
That's right TC...The government makes a very good living at *managing* problems instead of solving problems that it has no Constitutional right to stick its fingers into in the first place. It's gotten too big for it britches & it's way past time for them to go on a *very* severe diet.

The best way to cut the cost of government is to reduce the size of a government that's gotten so fat & greedy that it's devouring the whole country.

We The Employers need to fire a lot of our employees before our country goes bankrupt. The government has already overspent us into a huge debt to ourselves & they're keeping too much of *our* money for themselves.

[Edited on 2-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Is News Max a reputable media outlet?I know the political leaning of British media and some US media but I've not heard of News Max before.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It's pretty well-known, J-Bull: conservative, Republican in tendency: a bit Washington Times-ish. Popular columnists -somewhat bland.
No worse tahn most of the rest.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Zimbabwean officials!

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 09:51 AM
link   
LOL FD!!

I like Newsmax, may be a tad conservative but most other major media news outlets are liberal, such as the NY Times!

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah, it leans to the right.
The problem is that you can't find news agencies who are about the business of giving the news anymore. Everyone has an agenda.
Fox News came about because the public was gagging on all the liberal bias of the rest of the news media, and while they are much better at giving the facts instead of spinning the facts, their one show where there is a conservative-v-liberal discussion is Hannity and Colmes. Alan Colmes, the liberal, while a nice guy is incredibly out-gunned mentally. I call him Fox's token liberal. What I'd like to see is an evenly matched discussion where neither side dominates because of brain-power and the differences in core camp beliefs are compared.
I fella can dream, can't he?

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 01:28 PM
link   
token liberal! That was great TC! I feel the same about him also. Though Tucker on CNN's crossfire is often, I feel, the token conservative matched up against Carville. So perhaps this evens things up across the networks.

I still feel though that conservatives/republicans are more critical of conservatives/republicans than liberals/Dems and centrists (lol BT) are critical of each other, at least in the media.

[Edited on 2-11-2002 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Whatever Fox is... CNN isn't: it's Pepsi and Coke.
I think CNN does it slightly (very slightly) better - but at any given moment Fox is slightly less nauseating.
The weirdest thing is that one meets people who somehow think PBS is above such things.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The not-so-funny thing is I have to pay for PBS' bull crap! It's time it stood on it's donations alone or went commercial.

Bob, I love Carville!! Yeah, he's a blithering idiot and sure, he's wrong on just about every topic, but darn he's funny! Besides, there's no way to put anyone against that idiot aas he doesn't allow them to talk. I have no idea how he can go on for so long - maybe he's an alien! Kinda looks out of this world!

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Carville is funny in a weird sort of way, isn't he? and of course wrong. Begala's one annoying sob!

right on TC: PBS, another liberally-biased publicly funded rag that needs to go or do it on it's own. NPR is another one.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 03:42 AM
link   
-a sort of mirror-image Pravda. An attempt at "thought control" of the worst sort -thank Heavens no one watches it.

new topics

top topics

join