It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oppertunity Cost of the F-35 Lightning II

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The F-22 price has fell from estimates a year or two ago. I think the F-35 will do the same. First the builder projects an unrealistically low cost...then the cost goes up, then the estimation are put above the actual price, then as a couple years go by, the price tag ends up to be around the middle of the first estimate projection & the very high estimate.

I kinda agree with what longbow is saying, But the F-35 is international, If it wasn't, then it would join the ranks of the Comanche & Crusader. But since there 9 countries involved in it, I think its going to be kinda like the International Space Station (ISS)...Where as the US is the main contributor, and has to foot most the bill, and has to stay committed to it because of the backlash it they duck out.

This is why I really dont like it when projects are international...Sure it always starts out by "Wow, we all want the same thing so lets put our money together so we can all get it". But it never works out that way, things change and better options come along.

Personally...I'd like it if they upped the F-22's order, and cancelled the F-35...or at the very least the Air Force version of it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join