It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Sheriffs Say Terrorists Entering US from Mexico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
Ox

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sorry... Thanks for clearing that up

And it's no secret that intelligence has been doctored in the past... And will be again in the future.. to suit the elected official at the time... To finance their cause.. and personal policies.. and unfortunately with alot of elected officials, their personal stand points often become their political stand points as well....

I believe this is all hokey... I dont see a patch being ripped off a uniform and then being left to find..

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia
I'm of the opinion that if you gotta hike or swim to get here, you're not wanted.

I know you say this out of personal preference, but if you think about it, the people who hike and swim are exactly the same people that America wants. Just like you said..

Our local Wal-Mart supercenter regularly loses overnight employees because they get deported.

Its not just wal-mart who hires illegal immigrants of any kind because they work had for very little, but these same mexicans are the ones building your homes, they are the ones rebuilding Louisiana, they are the ones who do the hardest labor jobs for the cheapest pay, not just in TX but all over the nation.

I live in the Mcallen area by the way, actually in Pharr TX, which im sure you know is one of the few cities that has an international bridge to Mexico.

I personally can understand why Mexicans will risk their neck just to try and make a decent living. Most of them will come without families, they will leave their families back home and try to work, then send money back to them.

Mexico is a whole different world, as soon as you cross the bridge (only if you walk it) you can see right across the Rio Grande river, on the mexican side, many children, women with babies, and occasional men at the bottom, they are always yelling and sreaming to the top of the bridge, asking for change, money anything you can give them. Many people who pass regularly just ignore them, many other s will just reach in their pocket and throw whatever change they might have, whether its pennies, nickels, dimes, some will actually throw out dollar bills, and these people just scramble to get whatever they can.

Once in Mexico, you can easily tip off a cop with $20 if your speeding, get in a fight or whatever, cheap food, people will do the craziest things to try and get paid. Children in the streets playing accordians, guitars and singing just for some change. In close to 100 degree heat many are dressed up in clown suits, aztec indian costumes, anything they can think of to entertain pedestrians and make some $$$. People will wash your car for free without even asking and in the end they will not even try to ask you for anything, but of course, the look in their eyes, appearance will make you want to give them something at least $1 or whatever.

All this and more that ive seen helps me understand why there is a lot of illegals entering the country to make less than $5.15 min wage.

I personally am against illegal immigration, but I am also against the fact the govt is trying to shut them all down, without giving them an option to legalize themselves and at least become residents. If the govt had some kind of program Im sure many of them would comply and be willing to be here legally, than to risk their lives.

When it comes to illegal immigration, I personally cant understand the US policy with cuba, that "wet foot dry land" or "dry foot wet land" or whatever you call it policy. I think its absurd. Just because cuba has a dictator, we allow any immigrant who makes it to stay, because if we deport them we are worried about their safety? Cuba is the same kind of govt Iraq had, a dictatorship, it doesnt make sense to me. In some cases democracy is better, and in others dictatorship?

I think before we start trying to control the borders we first need to make a unionized choice/decision against any and all kind of illegal immigration, and treat each illegal immigrant the same, regardless of the country/race they are from.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by H34T533K3R
I think before we start trying to control the borders we first need to make a unionized choice/decision against any and all kind of illegal immigration, and treat each illegal immigrant the same, regardless of the country/race they are from.

Try reading the Immigration Laws, they don't specify anyone but "Illegal Aliens".

What you need to understand is that if mexico had a societal structure other than machismo, they might actually get something done. They have lots of natural resources, and undervalued workforce and low unemployment, yet their system of life is what tears them down. They have to make a conscious descision to change their outlook to one that would benefit allof their people, not just the macho man in charge. Use this link - Things You Don't Know About Mexico and learn a little.

Ox

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think we've gotten a little off topic here... This isnt about mexicans or illegal aliens, there are plenty of threads about them already.. This is about law enforcement officials in Texas trying to make us believe that there are Iranian military crossing from Mexico...

No one involved in any sort of espionage would be wearing a uniform, carrying any currency or have anything on their person that would lead them back to their country of origin

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This whole episode smacks of simply being a county sheriff, who is trying to do a tough job, going a bit, no a lot, off the deep end in an attempt to get more funds for what is probably a cash strapped county...nothing more...nothing less...CIA involvement is, in all likelihood, limited to "what was that guy thinking?".

Ox

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm sure there is some reason for this.. Money? sure.. better funding.. no doubt.. to make it look like and to give the illusion that there is going to be tougher border patrols.. yeah.... Are terrorists sneaking in from Mexico.. highly unlikely.... is this whole thing BS.. good chance...

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ox. In this particular instance...yeah. Very unlikely that it was terrorists sneaking into the US...but given the sieve-like nature of our southern and northern borders...can we honestly say that it won't happen...or for that matter hasn't already?

Ox

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
We cant say that anything wont happen... but it's HIGHLY unlikely...
Why would they risk being caught coming into the country illegally.. they can come over here on a tourist visa... and kill themselves.. Why bother getting caught in the act.. that doesnt follow a "Terrorist" plan ya know?? Does that make sense?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
I think we've gotten a little off topic here... This isnt about mexicans or illegal aliens, there are plenty of threads about them already.. This is about law enforcement officials in Texas trying to make us believe that there are Iranian military crossing from Mexico...

No one involved in any sort of espionage would be wearing a uniform, carrying any currency or have anything on their person that would lead them back to their country of origin

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop

Originally posted by H34T533K3R

Try reading the Immigration Laws, they don't specify anyone but "Illegal Aliens".

What you need to understand is that if mexico had a societal structure other than machismo, they might actually get something done. They have lots of natural resources, and undervalued workforce and low unemployment, yet their system of life is what tears them down. They have to make a conscious descision to change their outlook to one that would benefit allof their people, not just the macho man in charge. Use this link - Things You Don't Know About Mexico and learn a little.

Ok then, so what does that have to do with Mexico only, you think only immigrants from Mexico are the only "illegal aliens" and everyone else isnt?

Illegal Aliens as per Dictionary.com

illegal alien 

1. a foreigner who has entered or resides in a country unlawfully or without the country's authorization.
2. a foreigner who enters the U.S. without an entry or immigrant visa, esp. a person who crosses the border by avoiding inspection or who overstays the period of time allowed as a visitor, tourist, or businessperson. Compare resident alien.

Also called illegal immigrant.

Whats the difference then between an illegal immigrant and illegal alien?

Earlier today I talked to a border patrol agent who works in the same region as that sheriff and he had no idea about those uniforms and currency mentioned in the story. I asked him if he noticed any kind of pressure from above with all this terrorism he claimed not really. The only thing he could think of being related to terrorism was about some small container found in El Paso on the US side, it was like a milk container that looked suspicious and it turned out it was just a mistake. Apparently it was some kind of common milk they sell on the other side, it had dried up or something and people made it a big deal cuz it looked suspicious and since its only sold in Mexico nobody on this side recognized it. The worst thing hes seen/heard is members of the Mara trucha gang crossing(MS13)

Maybe he just doesnt keep up with the current events or those stories are being made up but he was absolutely sure he never heard anything about the uniforms or currency, also states hes been an agent for 7 yrs.

My sister owns a massage place and is opening up a massage school in the same building, She appointed me the "director" in charge of running the school part and while leaving home for the day I saw the agent in the waiting room waiting for a massage, then I asked him about what its like being an agent and eventually got into the terrorism stuff

What you need to understand is that if mexico had a societal structure other than machismo, they might actually get something done. They have lots of natural resources, and undervalued workforce and low unemployment, yet their system of life is what tears them down. They have to make a conscious descision to change their outlook to one that would benefit allof their people, not just the macho man in charge.

Believe me I personally know more about the Mexican culture, society, people, workflow, and anything at all about Mexico than what you read in U.S govt websites. Especially a CIA website dedicated to showing USA citizens what the rest of the world is like and how were better, and the funny thing is theres people who actually believe what they read from the govt websites, that they actually go around posting their links loud & proud

[edit on 9/5/2006 by H34T533K3R]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

What you need to understand is that if mexico had a societal structure other than machismo

& btw the "machismo" in a Mexican, is the same kind of stereotype given to any other culture/race, for example, a black man is usally stereoyped as selling crack, a chinese guy knows kungfu, a mexican is a macho man, if hes arabic then he has a bomb strapped on his chest, if hes puerto rican then he sings reggaeton, a guy from colombia has several keys in his pockets, etc etc

Ox

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Heatseeker, youre right.. it's terrible that MOST of the population see's most Mexicans as "Illegals".....

I hate to say it again.. but this thread isnt about that.... Sorry

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join