It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Sheriffs Say Terrorists Entering US from Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
Ox

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I agree with 2steps and Stangerous... This is GPB (Government Propaganda BS) hard at work... There are other border states.. that border Mexico.. And they just happen to be "Crossing in texas" and.. The President "just happens to be from Texas" how coincidental....

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This site has some info about the source of this article, Cybercast News Service, including documenting CNS's claims of proof of links between Iraq and Al Qaeda.

As I live on the border, perhaps my perspective on this article will be valuable to someone.

The chief law enforcement officers of several Texas counties along the southern U.S. border warn that Arabic-speaking individuals are learning Spanish and integrating into Mexican culture before paying smugglers to sneak them into the United States. The Texas Sheriffs' Border Coalition believes those individuals are likely terrorists and that drug cartels and some members of the Mexican military are helping them get across the border.

It seems to me that while both smugglers and drug cartels are indeed interested in the bottom line, aiding any enterprise that might result in greater security along the border would ultimately work against their interests. Conclusion: Possibly, but not probably true.

..Iranian currency, military badges in Arabic, jackets and other clothing are among the items that have been discovered along the banks of the Rio Grande River.

It does not sound as if a few suspicious items are being 'found', but many. Alarm Bell #1: IMO if these things are being found, they are plants. Alarm Bell #2: the Rio Grande is not the ideal place to cross, most illegals prefer to cross the border in the deserts of New Mexico and Arizona. Why? because there are communities all along the Rio Grande, and where there are communities, there is a higher concentration of La Migra (Border Patrol). Also, if there is "a training camp in Brazil that actually teaches people from outside of Latin America how they can assimilate into the Mexican culture" so that they may "come up as illegal aliens and disguise themselves as potential migrant workers," why would they wait until they were on the banks of the Rio Grande (which is thousands of miles from Brazil) to discard any evidence that proves that they are not who they are pretending to be? Conclusion: I would assume that the 'terrorists' would want to keep as low a profile as possible until they carry out their mission. Leaving alarming evidence in places it's more likely to be found seems counter-intuitive, and I'm not one to underestimate our enemies by thinking they're stupider than I am.

Although many of the non-Mexican illegal aliens are fluent in Spanish, Gonzalez said they speak with an accent that is not native

There is no 'native' Spanish accent, even in Spain. Just as there are different accents of English, there are different accents of Spanish, including within Mexico itself. As someone who is moderately fluent in Spanish, I've had some difficulties conversing with people from Cuba, Spain, and Panama as I speak the Mexican variety. Of course non-Mexican illegal aliens will speak with an accent that is not 'native'.

Many other things about this article bother me, but I think I will leave it alone and agree with the above posters who think it is scaremongering.

Ox

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
UncleLester.... While I see your point.. I have to disagree with you.. I HIGHLY doubt that there are any "terrorist" cells in Mexico.. This would be lies and crap to get more money for more border patrol agents and a huge wall built along the mexican border.. And
the state of *gasp* Texas coming forward and spewing out this nonsense... What a shock.. isnt there someone.. I cant qui.. OH that's right the President is from Texas.. There are many many other border states where I'm POSITIVE that there are illegal crossings being made.. The fact that Texas is the first.. oh and only state to come out with this so far.. This is what I think of it

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
It has become fairly evident that nothing is going to be done about securing our borders, north or south; until something bad, Bad, BAD happens. Then suddenly it will become a priority.

I hope I'm wrong, but nothing is every going to be done about your borders because it is not in the interest of your government to do so. Their plan is to secure the southern Mexico border after the North American Union is a fact. Again... I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
The only way I can imagine an Iranian having anything to do with the items, is if they were left as a sign meant to terrify and confuse. Maybe it's a false piece of evidence to lend credibility to their claim that they have thousands of sleepers in America already. Or, alternately, maybe it's a sign that some Iranian military officer defected to the US.

Or a way to gain more support to attack Iran? Why wasn't it Saudi Arabian currency, and clothes? Or Tunesian items? Or Marokkan items that the sherriffs found at the border??

Ox

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Great point Bandit... Why wasnt it Iraqi currency? or.. Afghan currency? It's BS to try to gain support.. and the state of Texas being one of W's biggest supporters.. This is raising all sorts of horse #$*@ flags..

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I do not know how much more proof you need than this. Our troops NEED to be returned to US soil from all their foreign assignments. The danger is here on our own soil.

There is no threat of terrorism against US soil in Iraq. So why are we there? Those soldiers would be much happier to serve on their own borders, where they would be greatly recieved and appreciated by their fellow Americans who have been living under seige from illegal waves with no protection from their own government.

Ox

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What threat? What siege? To date. .NO "illegal mexican" has take this country hostage via siege.. or.. any other way for that matter.. There is NO siege.. NO threat.. The only threat to the USA right now is it's own GOVERNMENT.. doctoring intelligence.. lying to it's people and trying to dictate what they can and cant do.. America is slowly turning into a Dictatorship.. Bush was once quoted as saying "People arent always going to agree, This would be much better if this was a dictatorship, as long as I was the dictator" HELLO.. RED FLAGS going up ....

When Bush says "The terrorists will follow us home" No.. they wont.. they're not puppies.. What he means is "We'll create more attacks, to scare you into giving us what we want" It's PURE RUBBISH!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
What threat? What siege? To date. .NO "illegal mexican" has take this country hostage via siege.. or.. any other way for that matter..

Where the hell have YOU been? Mexican Army units have fired upon our border patrol agents.

www.local2544.org...
www.friendsoftheborderpatrol.com...
www.washtimes.com...
www.npr.org...

Crime along the border has been skyrocketing.

www.csmonitor.com...
www.tmcnet.com...

People living along the border would disagree strongly with you.

Ox

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They can disagree with me.. it's their opinion.. that's ok.. And crime has been sky rocketing along the border huh? since the stepped up patrols.... Almost like the crime and attacks in Iraq sky rocketed.. when the USA went over there.. and started killing people and patrolling the streets... ohhhhh do I see a pattern forming there?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Stepped up border patrols? Surely you jest. The government has been annoyingly passive about the borders. After all, they really dont want to stop the flow of illegals. It provides them with a cheap, disposable labor force that they exploit and abuse with impunity. Its good for profits.

the only coorelation between Iraq and our border is the fact that the troops in Iraq would better serve their country on their own borders controlling the tide, and not defending Haliburton while they extract oil.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Soooo!!!!! Iranian currency found at the border?

Is that so, how nice for them to make sure We all know that Iranian terrorist are coming into America Speaking spanish

What they were going to do with the money? take it to the nearest Credit Union and have turned into American currency!!!!!!! While showing IDs of their Iranian/alias spanish names.

And the clothes I bet they were going to donate that to the salvation army.

I am sorry but this one is very hard to swallow

Ox

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yeah.. VERY hard to swallow.. I mean seriously.. No one is just going to drop money on the ground ever so blatantly.. look at me.. I'm evidence.. And Iranian military uniforms.. so.. now the Iranian military are "terrorists".. Oh please...Just like in any other country I'm sure that Iranian soldiers are just as proud as any other soldier.. to serve their country and what they believe in.. I HIGHLY doubt that they would be so careless to leave their military issued uniforms around on the ground to let people know they were there.. Cause you know.. Iranian soldiers are stupid.. Only American soldiers are smart and are great at espionage... Give me a break...
this has BS written all over it.. all of a sudden the new war is with Iran.. come on...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The "scare story" is suspect. No doubt.

What gets to me is the obvious solution that most are missing on this thread. It's as simple as enforcing current laws that make it a crime to hire illegals. Forget the fence, forget the minutemen.... redirect your anger and energy to your politicains (both parties) that don't have the political guts to stand up to big business, home buliders and other criminal owners of companies that hire illegals.

If the laws are enforced, and companies are fined the first offense and CEOs dragged off to a Fed Pen on the second offense, there would be very little border crossings and those could be dealt with handily by the Border Patrol and updated tech.

My two pesos.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Alpha1 man]

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Alpha1 man]

Ox

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No.. I dont think that's the point at all.... If it were.. there would have been.. Mexican military uniforms found.. and.. mexican currency.. But it wasnt.. it was all "Iranian"... Who is Bush looking at with his little beady war eyes? uhhh Mexi... IRAN!!!..

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah and that's a very believable story all right... Iranian infiltrators crossing the border just "happen" to drop their uniforms and money at the border. Yeah, that's some solid infiltration work right there. Usually what I do when I'm trying to sneak across a border is march up to the border in my uniform, do a Superman-style quick change out of my terraristic garb, and leave it all behind where it can found by the officialdom of the place I'm trying to infiltrate.

And written materials in Arabic?
Is it just me or wouldn't they be in Farsi?

This is one of two things: 1) a hoax by a misguided Texas Sherrif (or persons operating in his vicinity) trying to draw more attention to border security issues or 2) an ill-conceived black op to spread fear as part of the buildup to a war with Iran - perhaps as a prelude to a false-flag attack here in the US.

Personally I think option 1 is more likely than option 2.
While the current administration can be pretty dumb, this seems too clumsy even for them.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So from the vast majority of replies in this thread imply that:

The are no illegal Iranians in the USA.

That shows the level of intelligence some have on this board have.

The US is the devil! The US is the cause of all the world's problems!

And when the US experiences another terrorist attck on it soil it will once again the the USA's fault.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I believe that there are probably many illegal Iranian immigrants here, just like there are plenty of illegal immigrants from all over the planet. Some of them are probably even Iranian government agents.

I don't think any of them are stupid enough to march up to the border in Iranian military uniforms, and leave them there to be found. I suspect that in any training for any kind of infiltration unit, "don't leave obvious evidence of your entry" would be covered somewhere during day one, session one.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
But it is not impossible that this may have happened. But instead of investigating some individuals here just accuse the man of making it up....it;s a government conspirarcy!! It's Bushs fault.

This site used to be about denying ignorance.....

in certain threads it couldn't be farther from the truth.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
So from the vast majority of replies in this thread imply that:

The are no illegal Iranians in the USA.

That shows the level of intelligence some have on this board have.

The US is the devil! The US is the cause of all the world's problems!

And when the US experiences another terrorist attack on it soil it will once again the the USA's fault.

I love when always somebody seems to bring out the political card to shame the less intelligent members of this boards or that's what he believes.

Have ever crossed your mind that we are just trying to make sense of what it seems as a bogus claim or specially Iranians military, terrorist, will be planing to commit terrorist attacks on our soil, want to kill us all agenda here.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that illegals with less than honorable agendas are crossing our borders.

But to question what the article said is been less intelligent.

You know what . . . I am questioning your motives but not your intelligence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join