It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a lack of RPG representation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i really love the whole family of forums between ATS and BTS, but i think that BTS needs an RPG forums, someplace where the various pen and paper games of the world can be discussed.. i know there are places on the web for such discussion.. but i think they deserve a home here at BTS.. please tell me i'm not alone in this belief

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Pen and paper games??? Does anyone still play them in the computerized age?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm currently going to run a PARANOIA type game through my blog:
blog.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
admittedly not many people still play them, even less in the southern states where it doesnt snow or rain constantly for 9 months out of the year.. but there is still a strong following of old school gamers, people who cant give up a thursady night around the gaming with their buds for the ease of online gaming... dont get me wrong.. i (We) love my (Our) MMOs, but on this perticular lvl they just dont compare.. you cant trade the feel of the dice in your hand for a computer that just calculates the odds for you and tells you if you did it or not.. nor can you compare having your closest friends right there with you.. laughing and gaming, with the faceless names of those you play with online.

Whats more i just cant get into roleplaying in MMOs, when i log in, i am me, playing a video game with others playing a video game, but when i sit at the gaming table i become that cunning rogue slinking through the shadows, quietly watching the foolish cleric sitting next to me and making sure he doesnt stumble into impending doom before the warrior kicks the door in and starts throwing axes into the skulls of goblins and orcs

top topics

join