It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN: "Will sacrifice half of Iran for the sake of eliminating Israel"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The link

Hmm, should we trust them with the bomb or not?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70

The link

That is not what the article said at all.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, if he ever became the supreme decision maker in his country, would "sacrifice half of Iran for the sake of eliminating Israel," Giora Eiland, Israel's former national security adviser told JPost

If he came out of his mouth I'd believe it.

[edit on 8/25/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, if he ever became the supreme decision maker in his country, would "sacrifice half of Iran for the sake of eliminating Israel," Giora Eiland, Israel's former national security adviser, told The Jerusalem Post on Thursday.

So no one in Iran said this. This statement was made by an Israeli government advisor. It sounds like another claim by Israel to start more conflict in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

At present, Eiland stressed, the ultimate decision maker in Iran was Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, 67, whom he said was "more reasonable." But, Eiland went on, "if Ahmadinejad were to succeed him - and he has a reasonable chance of doing so - then we'd be in a highly dangerous situation."

Yup rivalry, may as well let them slug it out like slumlords in Mogideshu, not like they won't any ways.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70

The link

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, if he ever became the supreme decision maker in his country, would "sacrifice half of Iran for the sake of eliminating Israel," Giora Eiland, Israel's former national security adviser, told The Jerusalem Post on Thursday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is just more evidence that Iran and it' leader(s) are full on nut cases.

They will kill all and even half it's own population if it ca MURDER every Israeli citizen and Jewish person on the planet-sure sounds like the Nazi's for the new century.

Link to NAZI Speech

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Okay, linking to the Jerusalem post as an unbiased news source is like linking to fox news as the same. I'd like to have another source if people are goingto take this seriously.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
As pointed out by pstiffy - this came from an Israeli mouth not Iranian. Although it would not surprise me to hear Ahmadinejad say this.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Classic example of words taken out of context and to sound much more extreme than they actually are. Of course the national security advisor would say that, as far as shes concerned Iran would do anything to see Israel destroyed. That doesnt mean its factual.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wait a minute. She said that he said that he... bleh.

Folks if this was a thread on debunking some theory, we would throw it out immediately if it was second hand gibberish like this. If we could find a link that he said it, not Israel's cabinet member, then I would give it a bit more credence. If Israeli leaders say that Iranian people eat babies with the rest of the reptilian race, I expect some would agree with that, too.

We usually wouldn't buy into something like this, I suppose with the topic it is more sensational, but I give no amount of credibility to this story.

Sorry I'm not buying this one, not until something a little more solid comes into the picture, and that includes something that is not from her. If he really said that, then news sources all over the world would have picked up on it from him saying it, like every other time he has put his foot in his mouth.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
*Edit - Double post, much?*

Sorry..

[edit on 8/25/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
who, knows?-The U.N

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is just more evidence that Iran and it' leader(s) are full on nut cases.

They will kill all and even half it's own population if it ca MURDER every Israeli citizen and Jewish person on the planet-sure sounds like the Nazi's for the new century.

So you're using a statement by an Israeli defense official as evidence of Iran's intentions. No doubt as part of the chorus calling for mass murder of Iranians.

You want to see the "Nazi's of the new century?"
Go look in a mirrror.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I guess we most trust the Israeli Lost in translation of what Iran may say or do rather than wait for the real stories coming from the horses mouth.

I love propaganda and guess what, even after being shown how is played . . . people still fall for it.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Oh come on now. As previously posted by several others, an Iranian did not say this. An Israeli trying to get support for Israel, threw out a supposition. It's basically saying the same thing as - "He'd give his right arm to get a date with her." - just on a much more grandiose scale.
Cut me a break.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have to agree with the majority here on this one. If this had come from the Iranian former foreign yada yada... then this would mean something. But since it was a former Israeli yada yada minister.. I would have to say that is about as reputable a source as Hitlers habitat for humanity.(say that five times fast).

my take
Now, there is no doubt as to the fact that the Isaelis are all too aware(as are the rest of us) to some of the more genocidal comments Iran has issued towards Israel in the past. Using that knowledge to say something like this just makes me wonder even more about Israel. Is that statement a planned action by the Israelis? or the ranting of one woman?
If this is more than just the rabble of one former official; then what does that say about Israel? Are they directing this "plan" themselves? or in conjunction with other parties.. such as the US and possibly UK?
Is this part of a broader strategy to try to get involved or try to involve outside parties into war?

those are some of the questions I am left with.

thanks for your time,
Tone23

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Whoever is buying this better take a nap. This forum is better than this 3rd person rhetoric. Shame on you.

AAC

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I agree with creation on this one.

Yes i support Israel, but no i do not support naked lies to cause a war between what may involve al of the world. Honest up war in defence? yes at a last resort. For greed and / or lies? never.

Shame on them for these lies.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I wholeheatedly agree.

Besides, I've looked into the conspiracy of deliberate mistranslators most of which are based in Israeli think tanks. A high percentage of our media from the M.E. involving Iran, etc, is ran through them first for "insight" and "lingual" services.

It's utter bull#. Ahaminejad's letter to Bush (which can be found in full) and his studio interview with Mike Wallace says alot to me. That's the genuine stuff.

Ahaminejad wants change, for sure. A regime change, not the destruction of Israel or it's people - as a matter of fact there are jews in the Iranian parliament.

Before anyone starts.. I'm not endorsing him. I'm endorsing facts.

[edit on 25/8/06 by SteveR]

EDIT: I also must point out there is no such thing as "muslim glory". The religion is very fragmented and there is much infighting. Research it! People know little about the religion and the history of the region. This is why I laugh at most views of the insurgency in Iraq, collaboration between Saddam and al-Qaeda, and Iranian nuclear talk. We are slaves of the mass media and the military-industrial complex driven governments. Yes there are genuine threats out there.. and there are countries with severe injustices in human rights, but we are looking in the wrong direction. We are also uneducated. Our focus is always that which we are told be focused on.

[edit on 25/8/06 by SteveR]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I would have to wait and see more news sources and responses in order for me to believe it. One thing I have learned over the years, is not to trust anyone. Especially governments (the US and Israel) that are searching for reasons to go to war.

I am in no mood for another war, even if Iran did say this. I am tired of war, and the American morale is very low...

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
More of the usual propaganda, then. It's precisely nonsense like this that made me post the thread WHY is Iran a threat to the US?

And yes, Steve, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

top topics

join