It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would Justify the Secrecy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Dude,
after witnessing a ebe v ebe fight one night out on the hills, i think most people would not even be able to bend their minds around the reality of these things. To say it scared me is an understatment. To the police I reported it to it was a cause of merryment.

We are being slowly indoctrinated into their existance as not to cause horror and panic.

Dude, if i never ever see that ever again it will be too soon.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Dude,
after witnessing a ebe v ebe fight one night out on the hills, i think most people would not even be able to bend their minds around the reality of these things. To say it scared me is an understatment. To the police I reported it to it was a cause of merryment.

We are being slowly indoctrinated into their existance as not to cause horror and panic.

Im sorry but you HAVE to eloborate on that! Bare knuckle fighting between EBEs?
bring it on!

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I would hobble into this discussion only to say... do not worry, disclosure will come. We live in a large universe, these are no longer the time periods of heliocentricity. Some time MUST pass before disclosure, but all events are being set up in anticipation of the curtains dropping.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I am of the opinion that they (the govt) have wanted to tell us in the past but the hole they have dug is now too big. I don't think they understood enough and perhaps, rightly, kept it a secret.

As the curtain was slowly lifted from their own viewpoint, the can of worms were spilled and now there is information that they don't understand so I hope that they want to but their hands are tied a little because it's got out of hand.

But then, If you are to believe anything you read, I am surprised that there isn't more uproar about the US Navy introducing AIDS in 1972. If that's true, then the gov't are trying to kill us all and if the aliens are not benevolent, then there's no hope is there?

We're aren't being told because then the people would find out all of the horrific things the govt is up to, it could destroy the trust and peace of the world but not because aliens are here but because we will know we have been screwed over for decades by the very people we assign to protect us.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Dude,
after witnessing a ebe v ebe fight one night out on the hills, i think most people would not even be able to bend their minds around the reality of these things.

can you ellaborate on this or maybe start a thread about what you are saying?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Dude,

People see these types of things themselves, and choose to make light of them, because it fits into the desire of not having to face it.
A little turn I like to throw is that someone (news agency, gov't prog, etc) is offering __MONEY__ for evidence. You'd be surprised how many that once scoffed scour the hills looking everywhere saying: "I saw it."

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
OK, i'll share, and you can judge for yourselves what i say.

It was 2001, and I was with my wife on the hills in mid wales - It was around 2100 hrs at night, and we were night navigating to keep in practise (We are both outdoor pursuit enthusiasts). We stopped half way down the hill by a small stone bothy (Survival shelter made for getting out of the wind and rain) and decided to grab a brew. About 500 yards to the south was a tree line at which started a plantation, so we decided it was a good place to go have a sit and watch the stars. It was clear, with a full moon, and we sat watching what we thought were deer in the tree line (dark shapes flitting in amongst the trees).

Then we heard this incredible scream, like the worst type of pain ever coming from the trees. I said to the wife that it was an owl of some type, but then this thing came running out of the tree line. it was tall, grey /blue colour, very thin with a wedge shaped head. It was making this terrible noise, and as it ran into the open seemed to keep looking back over its shoulder for some thing. Then we saw what is was looking for. All i can say is one word. Goblin. Huge yellow eyes like saucers, huge ears, short at about three feet max, huge hands on very very muscled arms. This short thing ran at a speed that defied sense, and caught the taller being. The taller being fell under a savage assault of teeth and hits - primarily to the eyes and face. Now, we were cracking it - i mean fear went to a new level for both of us - this small thing was brutality as an essence.

The fight was joined by a second of the taller beings, which tried to, for the want of a better word, strangle this small creature. It lept off the first grey being, turned to face the new attacker, and stood stock still. Three of these small creatures rushed from the tree line, smothered the tall creature, and it was quite simply eaten alive. They bit it to death.

Now here is where it gets stupidly insane. The small creatures stood around the bodies of these grey beings, and folded them up - the bodies seemed to have no inner bones to speak of apart from the head - they crunched them into small folded packages and made strange clicking and whistling noises at each other - They then carried the two dead creatures back into the tree line, not once glancing at us at all - we thought we had not been seen. we were very wrong.

We decided to call the police there and then, who simply decided we were playing stupid games. I gave them my details, and said we would be walking back along the forest road and would appreciate the police to be present. they declined.

We had a very frightening walk back to the car, and as we got in, we both felt we were being watched. I started the car, reversed, and as i did, we caught five of these small creatures in the head lights.

Now get this. They must of thought they were being funny or some thing, for as i stalled the car, one waved and seemed to smile. They then vanished back into the trees. Now till the day i die i will never forget the small beings, especially as they found it amusing that we were so scared.

North wales police decided we must have been hoaxing them, because they never even bothered to return our calls the next day, or any calls after that. One thing i did get though is a distinct impression that these small beings in no way shape or form like the tall beings.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hey guys n gals,

While I don't completely believe what I am about to write, I think about this 'type' of scenario often.

Perhaps to reason for this apparent secrecy is one of true horror or so redefining that perhaps it is better to not know. (please don't shoot).

Again, what I just wrote goes against everything I am, I can't help to think that our world leaders or the few that are of this 'elite bloodline' are somehow influenced or may very well be of alien in origin.

We have have for centuries been controlled by few but powerful individuals who for reasons I can not explain have shown/displayed characteristics which are so ahead of their times which the masses have followed/supported, For better or worse which have guided civilization into the next era.

Humans perhaps have been engineered to seek a leader, someone to look to for guidance because natural harmony is something we have rarely been able to achieve. Perhaps our earliest tribes had some unity where everyone strived for a similar goal - survival.

However as the human mind developed and displayed traits of solidarity and wisdom, this is where a leader was required to keep the troops rallied.

Anyhow, to what end??? Well this is where the horror comes into the equation.

Worship and blind faith of these leaders/false gods etc is the draw card for a possible invasion.
Would you really want to know of such a grizzly fate???

Dramatic - yes, however if ET's were friendly, why not come forth and show us another leap in our evolution. Surely we are ready for it. I can't accept people will lose it / chaos etc. Sure the may be a small % that won't but that is no different than any other change in leadership. Hell I have friends that left the states(usa) when gwb was elected.

Again, I could go on and on, but this will have to do for now.

thanks again,

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What would justefy the denie?? lot's of things...
First if we assume that gov are doing this..then we have to make true this asserttions:
- UFO's are from alien origin
- Aliens are more advance than us if they can reach us easily
- Abductions may be true
- Their aircraft can enter and go anytime they want and we dont have a choice right now on this...

So what's the main reason of the denied or not say anything???
I dont think economy or maybe religion could be a problem for actually say they exist ..the main problem would be that first UFO can come and go anytime they want and the more frightfull of all if that indeed abductions are real then what wuld the goverment do about it?

Imagen the Goverment saying this on a news conference:
Yes we have been hiding that aliens exist, we dont know what's their intentions right now, the things we know is that their aircraft are far superior than ours, that they cant be detected even on radar, they can disrupt our misilis and everything electronically and yes we have information they have been abducting people at least 40 years to now...

Now imagine the old folk watchiung the TV..abductions are real?..so they can come up take me..do some stuff..return me (maybe) and the goverment cant do anything to stop them!!!
Your own family, folks and every human on earth would feel afraid and withoyt any feeling of been secure even on their homes...

Now..do you think it's easy this?? that people would not be afraid if indeed this was the truth?? that even locking your doors cant stop aliens from abduction or entering our space anytime they want..forwathever t reasons they may have.,..

I think this is why the GOV cant say much about until they were in a good position to prevent some of this stuff to happen or at least have some methods to minimize this if indeed this was going on...

So that would make you think about it...mm.. woud you like to loose your feel of security for you and your family ..or prefer been in the dark and wake the next day and live your normal life??

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Great replies Guys, thanks.

D4rk Kn1ght,
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tunin
Maybe they're afraid that people would want to know more. Like we, UFO "maniacs" do.

Good point. Perhaps they would endure an influx of curiosity. Especially if thier civilization is far older. Most people don't know about our own history, let alone an alien one that is 10 to 1,000s of times longer. A lot to learn, and would we be willing to learn about ourselves through their experiences?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I don't think there is any reason that any organisation, private or
governmental should keep the existance of extra-terrestrial life secret.

I suppose, if it is kept secret, some might fear the reaction of the public.
Though honestly, I'm sure the majority of the world would be fine with it,
I mean our major religions dsay there might be, so theres no problem there.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
As I said in my "experiences" thread, I think these beings have only as much ability to enter our reality as we give to them. Disclosure would effectively "open the floodgates".

IF the govt knows this, and knows the mechanism by which it works, then the denial is to keep "aliens" out of our reality (or at least in check).

Why? Plenty of reasons, maybe the govt doesnt know what they are, or their intentions, or on the other hand maybe they do know..and know it's not a good thing. Panic, aculturation, who knows??

But if public disclosure thereby allows the belief and the belief opens our reality up to "aliens"... from what I've seen? I say keep that sucker under wraps. What most people see as an injustice of govt coverup *may* be truly the best way to handle the situation.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I've given some more thought to this. And, truthfully, and unfortunatly, perhaps we are not ready.

Perhaps there are criteria that should exist prior to contact being openly made?

For instance:
1) Worldwide communication systems to ensure each and every soul is introduced to the truth at the same time. And, this seems to be one of the underlining agendas of the "Bitburg Group". And, unfortunatly, there seems to be a large amount of people on this planet that still do not have TVs, Computers, Phones, or radios.

2) Everyone has a voice that is heard, or at least the illusion of democracy is worldwide. This second reason is a biggy, i would think. Does it not make each and every person somewhat responsible for the actions of their leaders, if they are in power with the peoples blessings and support?

I believe we can easily assess the truth of any supposed cover-up by merely observing without judgment the actions and behaviors of the Socially Elite/Leaders/ and especially the policy makers that are in power. Asking ourselves "Why does this make sense, and what variables would have to exist for me to personnally feel the same way?"

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Maybe there is a planned series of stages prior to disclosure they are currently stepping through.

Maybe the PTB are witholding disclosure for use in an upcoming staged event / hoaxed landing to shape the way we perceive the ET presence.

Maybe the revelation would entail not just a simple relearning of intelligent life with superior technology & reformation of our institutions (*snore*), but our very understanding of the universe, our concept of time & reality, and our place in the above so that understanding the truth renders 'normal life' meaningless.

Or perhaps the PTB are not allowed, or perhaps even they are alien presence themselves.

Maybe one day we'll stop being treated like mushrooms.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You are charged with defending your citizens from intruders and for keeping the peace.

Strange, unidentified craft, beyond your technical capability or the perceived capability of your enemies and allies, are intruding without challenge and abducting citizens, livestock, etc.

Debris obtained from the few bits of wreckage found indicate a technology far advanced from our own.

Do YOU make it publicly known?

I didn't think so.

In addition, you've been able to glean at least some advances from the debris, enough to expand our technology at a much more rapid pace than would be done otherwise, and in the process, you become one of the most powerful nations in the world.

What would justify the secret? Nope, the other way around....what would motivate you to tell? Curiousity? It hardly outweighs the reasons for secrecy.

Then there are other considerations.

What if we KNOW their motives, and they simply aren't pleasant? Would you share this with everyone?

What if we were viewed as unwanted children, left to play in our sandbox...at least until we manage the mustard to crawl out of it? Would you share this?

Think of the social and economic impacts. Would new introductions of technology destroy existing industries, putting millions out of work, and causing a ripple effect throughout the global economy? Industries need to be phased out gradually.

What if a small reactor was introduced that negated our need for oil? Great huh? or total global economic collapse.

There are PLENTY of reasons to keep such a secret.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
One thought I have on this debate is that way back in the 1940's when the government found out that the alien question was 100% real, the powers that be quickly conveined to decide on how to handle this earth shattering information. It was decided that an 'above top secret' group should handle this, and the information should not be allowed to enter the public domain at all costs until they could come together with a consensus on what to do. This 'ATS' group was above the law of the land, and was given a blank check, according to them, the future of mankind may depend on it, and they answered to no one, not even the president. Now imagine a generation going by, they never came to a conclusion, the super secret group still carrying out its orders, only bringing in a new replacement once an earlier member dies, still recieving an enormous black budget, and was not allowed to be questioned by anyone. By this time, as far as the government knew, this group didn't exist. Everyone with knowledge of the group had died. The error by the original group was to set the program up in such away that it answered to no one and was never given a definitive 'end game' date to dissband, it just keeps going, and no one can question it, because no one is allowed to know it exists. So they are still following 'orders' to this day.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by super70]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There is some documentation (still being authenticated mostly), that does point to something like the above. Basically, a panel of scientists already with ties to the military, was put together around '42 to address issues brought on by the UFO incident over LA (sometimes referred to as the battle of LA)... I'm blanking on the exact name, but basically it was a scientific inquiry panel. After the Roswell incident in '47, the same men became known as the IPU or Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit (if you believe the docs...which seem to fit the criteria). Soon after, just prior to the CIA's creation, the name MAJIC (Military Assessment Joint Intelligence Committee) appears, showing a need to consolidate military intel from different branches concerning this particular phenomenon. MAJIC of course forms the basis for the "Majestic 12" name.....

At the time though, they were very close to the president, as the president was involved in the crisis. Only later does it seem presidential involvement was no longer desired (and this was actually a good move, if one considers this all real).

After the White House buzzing in '52, we don't see too much more about MAJIC, so either the name changed, or the group evolved, was reoganized, disbanded, etc.

We DO see that the CIA is involved in UFO coverups, even after Blue Book firmly establishes the "ridicule factor". Remember, that prior to Blue Book's closing, UFOs were regarded as a possible threat to national security. The Robertson Panel shows the CIA's interest in the subject after Blue Book, and even includes Hyneck (then on that side of the fence), who later becomes a UFOlogist. Edward Ruppelt, another UFOlogist you may have seen mentioned, was a former Blue Book head.

IF we did have crashes, and IF we had recoveries, obviously SOME group has to be keeping the secrets. However, I'd wager that such a group is well aware of it's directives and isn't just operating out of habit.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Only later does it seem presidential involvement was no longer desired (and this was actually a good move, if one considers this all real).

that probably wouldn't apply to a president who was also the former director of the cia huh? George senior. i wonder, if he does actually know anything, would his son also know too?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

It was 2001, and I was with my wife on the hills in mid wales

I'm curious - was this a high-altitude area? Or just simply rolling with hills? I always noticed how aliens hang out on mountains throughout history. (Jesus always climbing mountains to pray, the Greek gods living on Mount Olympus; they seem to dislike the air density at sea-level)

I find that story believable because of how weird it is. Somebody who's making stuff up would probably not mention any creatures smiling and waving as they leave.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join