It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would Justify the Secrecy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Perhaps we often approach the UFO phenomenon by asking the wrong questions.

In your best educated guess, taking into account everything you know about the UFO phenomenon, what scenarios do you think would fit into a category that justifies secrecy, and cover-up?

What if the secrecy is not a choice?

What if the secrecy is a choice we select, or have selected?

What would justify the secrecy?

What scenarios could exist that make the secrecy a neccesity?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It's an implied understanding carried by most of the population, which has been conditioned through politics, governments, and teachers that humans are the most dominant species (on this planet, anyway).
Anything that shakes that is intolerable. Since this implies maybe human beings are not as high up as once thought.
I don't believe it's a gov't thing, but a general public one.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Governments tend to rely on future projections, models and estimates and dictate their policies according to their guesses. They do not like behaviour which drastically affects the way they work (natural disasters, civil unrest as examples). I think its not a case of wanting to keep anything secret, but trying to operate within parameters that are understood and avoiding anything that may upset that balance.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The gov't would have a fear if it indeed did try and upset some "balance", and was unsuccessful; initiating conflict.
They certainly wouldn't want the populace to now they might be facing something that they can't really deal with.
If there were a lack of control, it could lead to those who want radical change to seek the ones, if any, who provide the other facet to this conflict.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I do not think any scenario would justify keeping such a secret.
Unfortuanatly governments seem to control the people rather than governing them nowadays.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
if life mirrored poker, the brand of cards would be manufactured to the most powerful group. only their cards would be allowed, and access to those cards would be controlled to serve that group of power. We don't need to know anything untill our predictable and garenteed reaction would cause either a larger flow of high hands to the right people, or a global switch to BACKGAMMON!! whatever the hell that's going to be.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
I do not think any scenario would justify keeping such a secret.

If you are right, then there will be no justification for their actions, behaviors, and intentions of keeping it secret. Unless there is no secret, but perhaps we are not paying attention, or open-minded enough to comprehend.

Edit to add:

Clearly there must be something we are collectively overlooking????

[edit on 25-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My guess is that when the gouvernment confirms the existance there 'll be panic and chaos. If the gouvernment tries to tell us we don't have to be afraid of those ET's 'cause they 're already visiting us for years now and they even have exchanged technology with us, so they can 't be hostile, the gouvernment puts their own credibility at risk, causing chaos.
So the only reason for hiding this secret is preventing chaos.
But then again, that's my guess!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I was thinking more along the idea(s) of going further outside the box of "It would disrupt the social order".

That is not reason enough. Not for me, if i were one that was "in the know".

Variables and Situations must exist in the minds of those who do know that would justify (in their minds) that the truth remain veiled and secret, or how could they live with themselves?

Could you honestly live with yourself if you knew something the rest of the world wanted, needed, and deserved to know, and not devulge said information without some variable making it a neccesity to keeping it secret?

What scenarios justify secrecy?

The general public's reaction?

We have a written & recorded history of 7,000+ years, devoid of 7 consecutive days without war, killing, and destruction.

Perhaps our past levels of intolerance demonstrated through our actions and behaviors are proof we do not have the intentionality worthy of knowing without going absolutley insane as a planet? I don't buy it.

The truth of why we do not know may very well lie in the fact that we do not know.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldorf
My guess is that when the gouvernment confirms the existance there 'll be panic and chaos.

This is precisely what I would be afraid of happening. Think about it for a minute from your Government's point of view. The first widely reported and well documented UFO reports took place just a few years after World War 2. The Allied powers had just fought a war which was unparalleled in all of human history, in which tens of millions of people died. Your people have been on a constant war footing for almost a decade. Many Allied nations came under direct attack, so the war was a very immediate threat to those nations and their people.

After the war ended, the United States emerged as the dominant technological and military power, with the Soviet Union running a close second. So, now, you're the United States Government. It's your job to not only protect your citizens, but also to uphold the ideal that America is unchallenged in terms of military power and technology. Then, your people start reporting strange craft in the skies over your country. You investigate and come to the conclusion that these craft are of extraterrestrial origin.

Now, you've got a problem. Because even if you know these things are real, you don't necessarilly know what they want. We can imagine grandiose conspiracies and meetings between aliens and Government leaders, but imagine if all you got was silence. Here's a dilemma, because what if these things are hostile? How do you tell your citizens that not only do aliens exist but they may possibly want to kill all of you? How do you tell them that they might be about to fight another war and this time against an enemy that the Government has no hope of defending them against?

But even if they're not hostile, what happens if their intentions remain obscure? If you told people that aliens existed and that you, the institution charged with protecting them, had no idea what they were, what they wanted and no possible means of stopping them should they prove to be hostile, how would your citizens react? Fear of the unknown can be among the most potent of Humanity's fears and is certainly something governments would avoid.

Even if you knew that they were not hostile, the reality of alien life would seriously disrupt a significant portion of human culture. Religion, science, our sense of belonging in the universe, all would be disrupted.

Imagine if you knew - really knew - that aliens were watching the Earth. You don't know what they are. You don't know what they want. Your Government has no way of defending you.

This is how secrecy is justified. Even if you wouldn't panic, a great many people probably would. Unless I had some definitive answers and solutions, I'd keep my mouth well shut.

[edit on 25/8/06 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Jeremiah25,

well stated. Very well stated.

Thanks for your contribution considering the Government's stance.

I'm sure there are other plausible scenarios that would support the justification for secrecy. But, the reasonings you state seems to be most logical...

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I personaly think the technology they would have should be well advanced.
It might affect the world in many ways. For instance they could come here and cure
all our ailments, so firstly the hospitals would be made redundant, there would be
no need for doctors and nurses, the people who make madicine would not be needed as well. It would go right down to van drivers who deliver medicine losing their jobs.

They might also bring a new source of fuel or a new approach to vehicles.
Then obviously oil might not be needed, losing the governments billions.
Not to mention the car industry being ruined.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Perhaps we often approach the UFO phenomenon by asking the wrong questions.

In your best educated guess, taking into account everything you know about the UFO phenomenon, what scenarios do you think would fit into a category that justifies secrecy, and cover-up?

What if the secrecy is not a choice?

What if the secrecy is a choice we select, or have selected?

What would justify the secrecy?

What scenarios could exist that make the secrecy a neccesity?

The World monopolies would crumble and they would lose power and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and they'll fight to the death to prevent this from happening.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
what if the powers that be were in some kind of contact and they were warned to keep quiet? say we really did find craft etc. then the jig would be up for the aliens. maybe their agenda was breached and they just do the same thing that our government does. they just tell them to leave it be and forget the saw anything? or how a parent tells a child to go play when adults are talking about serious matters.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
Imagine if you knew - really knew - that aliens were watching the Earth. You don't know what they are. You don't know what they want. Your Government has no way of defending you.

This is how secrecy is justified. Even if you wouldn't panic, a great many people probably would. Unless I had some definitive answers and solutions, I'd keep my mouth well shut.

Brilliant post. I owe you a WATS since I'm fresh out.

Access Denied,
Ditto. I'm fresh out myself, but i feel i owe Jeremiah a wats as well.

Thanks for the contributions, and the thought that went into them.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If you say someone would keep people in the dark for their own good, you're part of the cover-up and you're a traitor.

Now, look into the origin of governments: Between 4,000 and 3,000 BC came the first religions dedicated to gods who come from the sky. Thereafter we see humans organizing under these gods and forming governments intended to serve their god's will. In the case of Egypt and others, the monarch was considered a god himself. If I might be so bold: Our governments have been the work of these invaders from the beginning, and when they cover an alien sighting, they're covering themselves to prevent humanity from asking questions about the outside universe.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zareste
If you say someone would keep people in the dark for their own good, you're part of the cover-up and you're a traitor.

Then, perhaps, i am part of the cover-up. But i think traitor is a loaded word.

I whole-heartedly and sincerely believe more than enough information exists in every aspect of our social order to provide us with more than enough proof. I believe we as individuals are failing ourselves. I say this because entirely too many people are oblivious to the extent of many of thier own experiences.

In other words, i think it is each individual who chooses to either be conscious aware of certain things or not. Whether you are ready to admit it or not, our brains are fractionalized. Our brains are not one. We have parts of our brain that do not seem to be sharing all information. And all information we recieve through our senses, is first introduced to the subconscious mind.

I believe it is our intentionality that decides how much we consciously experience.

Now, look into the origin of governments: Between 4,000 and 3,000 BC came the first religions dedicated to gods who come from the sky. Thereafter we see humans organizing under these gods and forming governments intended to serve their god's will. In the case of Egypt and others, the monarch was considered a god himself. If I might be so bold: Our governments have been the work of these invaders from the beginning, and when they cover an alien sighting, they're covering themselves to prevent humanity from asking questions about the outside universe.

Governments come and go. They are overthrown by people. And it is people who replace them. Yet, you divert accountability towards governments, instead of people??

People. Governments. Who is to blame? Are we a broken biological entity?

7,000 years of recorded and written history which is devoid of 7 consecutive days without war, killing, and destruction.

Does our intentionality keep the truth from us?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
You'll notice from basic history that people quarrel over who gets to head the government but nobody challenges the authority of the god leading them. Every government is invariably subject to the rules of a 'higher being'. What keeps us from the truth is the people who work for this hierarchy and humanity's pacifism toward them.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by Zareste]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I could say this in a one-liner, the profit motive alone is enough to justify the secrecy.

If we got off the fossil fuels and onto free energy from the zero point quantum vacuum, it would destroy economy and infrastructure as we know it. Third world nations would finally be on a level playing field. The Illuminati's power base would vanish. That's the #1 reason why there is secrecy. Human fear is all in the mind of the individual. It's a symptom but not the real reason.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Maybe they're afraid that people would want to know more. Like we, UFO "maniacs" do.

That would lead into "thinking outside the box", as the final sign that everyone need to change. I've been talking to many friends about several subjects related to life changes, the majority said something like this: "Something need to change, life is too unfair, something need to change".

And maybe, Ufo/Aliens info release would trigger it, saying unconciously that something is changing, that we need to change.
Changing means, thinking differently. And maybe gov. wouldn't like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join