It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to invent time machine in near future

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Folks, the source is PRAVDA.

Pravda is a tabloid... an entertainment tabloid. The news there is as reliable as the "World Weekly News."

I'm beginning to think we need a "thrilling tabloid trash" section where folks can post tabloid news to laugh at and point at. Tabloid writers have a lot of fun making these things up, and I am sure they had a great time with it at Pravda.

It's goofy entertainment. But it's not real science.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Havent scientist stated that they think you can only travel forward and even if you could travel backwards, you wouldn't be able to travel back before the time machine was invented?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I wonder if you went back in time to see the most famous ufo sightings(or any)
and it turned out to be yourself in some paradox type thingy.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i think that one of the theories is that if you go back in time you basically start another timeline. you would continue on in another seperate timeline and you couldnt return to the original one. plus the original one would be going on without you.

on another note, disregarding the above theory, if a time machine will be built in the future i guess we could consider it already built now since its free from the bounds of time?

man, this is too confusing.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Folks, the source is PRAVDA.

Pravda is a tabloid... an entertainment tabloid. The news there is as reliable as the "World Weekly News."

I'm beginning to think we need a "thrilling tabloid trash" section where folks can post tabloid news to laugh at and point at. Tabloid writers have a lot of fun making these things up, and I am sure they had a great time with it at Pravda.

It's goofy entertainment. But it's not real science.

then what source do ou rely on? curiouse to find out.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You would have to create another reality, think about it.

If you went back in time and killed your great, great grandfather before he had any children, what would happen? You would not have been born.

So then you would have not been able to kill your great, great grandfather because you dont exist and thus you would be alive.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Why even attempt to change the past, when its a lot easier to change the present? If it wasn't for the past, we wouldn't learn from our mistakes. Our history makes us who we are, for without it we are nothing. We need to accept the fact that the past is gone, and we are where we are today because of it. Think of the future, its where we can make a difference.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman

My favorite is going back, saving JFK, putting all the conspirators in jail, and returning the future or now,

LOL

I was thinking about saving Jesus !

I magine the possibilities

fred

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toasty
Why even attempt to change the past, when its a lot easier to change the present? If it wasn't for the past, we wouldn't learn from our mistakes. Our history makes us who we are, for without it we are nothing. We need to accept the fact that the past is gone, and we are where we are today because of it. Think of the future, its where we can make a difference.

I agree that is alot easyer to change the present, but don´t forget that the History is written by the winners, so it´s a manipulation ...at least part of it...wich part we´ll never know...unless

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I believe that it could be possible(in many years to come) to travel BACK in time but in no way could we go into the future as it doesn't exist yet...just a thought.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kipman725
Just to update this no time travelers were in visible atendance at the MIT party. So if there are time travelers there no interested in party's or are shy and wouldn't come forward at the party.

Ahhh but that might have been just down to the fact that time travellers are very busy and so din't have the TIME to go to such parties

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Do you think there would be certain laws/restrictions put in place for time-travellers? A big do's & dont's list??

It is such a delicate subject. For example, going back to see Jesus as suggested and coming back to present documenting it...that would create unmeasurable chaos for other religions but make Christianity powerfull...

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Heres whats gonna twist your noodle.
They already timed traveled and everything is unfolding to those who already lived in the future deem.

Seems somewhere in Kabbalah I came across the theory that demons live backwards through time, while we go the opposite way...interesting, its all relative I suppose

Peace

Dalen

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If you want accurate, real scientific news than you have to read scientific journals. Only way you will truly "deny ignorance" in this area.

Here is a useful link where you can find various scientific journals:

External Link

As for the Time Machine - whatever way it may be - I believe we cannot dramaticly change our future. Of course, there is a theory that anything is possible. In that case, the universe doesn't have very long to live with humans around

But if anything ISN'T possible, than the nature of the universe will not allow alterations. And anyway, any alternations to the universe will require MASSIVE amounts of energy. And many believe that the concept of Time doesn't even exist. In that case, the universe can't be altered because we don't have enough energy to alter it and time is a made up scalar to ease our minds.

I believe we will only be able to "glimpse" the past or maybe even the future. Not change it or walk in it.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
it probably will be made, what can we do about it?

well i encourage it, it'll be awesome i always wanted to meet jules (julius ceaser)

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have a problem with one of the statements made in the qote at the beginning of this topic...
The part that states that if black holes accept everything and give out nothing, then there must be a white hole that gives out everything and accepts nothing...

I don't know what binary thinker came up with that, but they must have never seen an equation with a negative value in it.

Of course you can have a system in which everything is lost, and nothing is gained... we are currently existing in a system where everything was gained and nothing was lost.

We came to exist from nothing, we will return to a balance in which we will return to nothing... the same will occur for the negative side of the scale... unless there already exists a negative form of our universe at the moment... in which case, what goes into a black hole, is simply cancelling out with the equal of itself from the other side of the equation...

I'm sorry, reading back on that, it's rather hard to put into the english language what I am trying to portray. But I can guarantee you, black holes are NOT porting the matter they recieve to a "white hole"... all in all, it's very easy to understand in mathematical terms.. but not so easy to visualize.

I've explained what I mean many times in the past, so I'll give up for this time and allow this topic to continue on the track it was going... sorry for side tracking the conversation.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Thats the thing i love about time travel topics.

If someone invents a time travel machine in the future, then by definition it has always existed it the past, future and present.

hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - "time is an illusion, lunchtime dubbly so"

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Time travel is a theory, but doubtfull it will ever happpen as being described here.

In order to travel through time, you are also travelling through space; as the earth moves at 18,000MPH, and circles the sun, the sun moves through the Galaxy, the Galaxy moves through the universe....this movement is the definition of Time.

If you were to travel back, or forwards, you need to know where the earth will be in that particular moment of time. miss the spatial coordinates, and you materialize in outer space...or a inside a mountain, or within a building, etc.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I simply dont believe time travel is possible. Time isn't a place, so how do you get there? There is no past or future, just a constant flow of "now"

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Time travel is possible, only not now.

A negative value is still a value. There is no such thing as 'nothing'. When one burns a book, true, the info is lost. But there's still debris, or matter. Even based on Hawkin's radiation theory, when we get sucked into a black hole, we re-emerge as matter. So how can we solve this problem?

In ancient times, mankind knew he could not dive more than a few meters depth down into the sea, even if he could hold his breath. The pressure will collapse his lungs.

But by the 19th Century, our submarines are diving thousands of meters in the oceans.

My point is that as much as we take pride in our advances of modern science, we are still relatively babies in the kindergarten of Universe Science Education, the understanding of universe science. It is our manifest destiny of curiosity to create machines to satisfy our inevitable desire for knowledge.

As we make progress in physics, quantum physics, biogenetics, etc, we will be able to conquer Hawkin's Radiation theory and emerge unscathe on the other side of the Black Hole, just like a submarine of today, information intact.

Time travel is not a problem for it is only a physical mechanical hurdle, which we humans will overcome in time. It is only the emotional hurdle of our minds and other opposing minds on the ethics and morality on the conduct of time travelling that will be a major obstacle, for no 2 minds will agree on anything. Even if we all come to agreement on the rules of time travelling engagement, we may not like what we saw or do.....we are still kids in emotional mental qoution.

Time travel, pardon the pun, is only.... a matter of time.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by SeekerofTruth102]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join