It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-emptive Nuclear Strike On Iran.Yae or Nae?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Some great posts here ppl.Thany you.But imho sum portraying the u.s.a.ala"THE GREAT SATAN"style is unfair.I believe if it werent 4 our defensive/offensive capabilities the berlin war would have extended from russia 2 the atlantic.U dont have 2 thank us but a iota of respect may be in place.I personally dont agree with the iraq war.But only the mad would support the mad in nuclear armament...

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Should Iran be contained? Yes. The DOD itself admits we have hardly any intelligence on Iran and before we start launching nukes and wiping out vast numbers of innocent people (surely an act that would help our standing in the international community) it would be a really good idea to know what we're doing. A big step up from our wars in Iraq and Afghanastan.

It seems to me that 9/11 gave the US the reason that it was looking for to put troops into Afghanistan and Iraq. In effect we now have Iran surrounded. We are now in a position to launch a two front offensive against Iran. With our troops searching the border areas high and low for Osama on one side and WMD's on the other side, we would have had numerous chances of sending opertives into Iran to gather intelligence.

9/11 also gave the American people a reason to believe that the 1st strike use of WMD's might not be a bad idea. Lets use our WMD's on them before they use thier WMD's on us.

With everyone now so rilled up about fascist dictators it would not be that hard to redirect the general publics hatred of fascist dictators from Bush towards the leader of Iran.

You're either with us or against us

[edit on 26-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
As JSOBecky so astutely stated, we don't want these particular dogs unleashed, it wouldn't stay local or regional. Pakistan/India. Israel/Iran. US/China/Russia. Maybe even England/France (farfetched I'll admit). The scariness of these various scenerios would worry even the most Strangelovian amongst us. Oh, Strangelove, I wasn't refering to you

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
i believe the us will attack iran conventionally not nuclearly (unless its a small nuclear bunker buster for those extra deep nuclear facilities) . we'll know before the year is up.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

OK, here's your answers...
The US developed it as a way of ending the war with Japan.

Wrong. The US developed Nuclear weapons because Einstein approached FDR with his fears that former colleagues and the scientific community in his native Austria, under the guidance of the Reich would develop them into a bomb. Einstein knew it was possible and wanted to keep the allies ahead of the game.

As a result, the Russians developed them to counter the perceived threat posed by the US' possession of them.

Well that bits right

Resultant of that, the US offered our allies in France and the UK the ability to develop them to counter the threat of the Russians in Europe.

The US froze the UK and France out of nuclear weapons development following the end of WW2. The UK and France developed their own independant deterrents on their own. The UK did it to retain its superpower status, France did it in order to ensure that the country was never again threatened in the manner that it had been in WW1 and WW2. It was only after the successful tests of the British and French devices that the US grudgingly agreed to technology sharing.

Pakistan developed them as a tool to hold over India and India developed them in response to the perceived threat that Pakistan could launch a first strike.

India first tested a nuclear weapon in 1974, to prove that it could actually do it, but initially renounced the technology. During the wars with Pakistan in the mid 80's the Indians developed their weapons properly. Pakistan developed its nuclear capability in order to counter the Indian threat.

China developed them because Bill Clinton sold out the United States and allowed them the technology to do so and as a result, they did simply because they could and knew that it would elevate their status from 2nd world nation to near superpower.

China exploded its first nuclear test in 1964. Bill Clinton was 18 at the time.

It would be very helpful for you to understand history prior to rushing into such hasty generalizations.

Err.....ummm........... I think really that its you that needs to look at history.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
NUKE THEM TILL THEY GLOW IN THE DARK!!!!!!!!

What a bunch of whining crap!!! Iran Has been building up thier weapons stock pile since we stomped Iraq in the early 90's. Now everybody is going to complain if we try to muscle Iran. HEY.....all of our tomahawk cruise missles are already paid for.....why not use them?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Pre-emptive Nuclear strike on Iran? Yae or Nae?

Well im going to say yae and nae. Pre-emptive strike yes, but nuclear no.
The political fallout would be just as bad as the radioactive fallout.

I would think it would be the EMP's, then bunker-busters, then the MOAB's.

I've read that Iran's sites can't be completely taken out by bombing alone, but I'd hate to be the guy who has to show up for work the next day, good luck finding the door lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I wonder how many of you trigger-happy cowboys could actually find Iran on a map - you'd probably end up nuking Jamaica.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For all those YAE!-Saying-Nuclear-Fanatics, who want to drops a Weapong of Mass Destruction and GEONOCIDE upon their fellow Man - after all, we all living on this Planet are from the same Mother and Father and if you cut a white, black, brown or yellow skin, we all have RED Blood.

Well here is what happened when Chernobyl disaster occurred at 01:23 a.m. on April 26, 1986 at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Pripyat, Ukraine - the Radioactiv Particles went to clouds, which moved quickly with the other Air-Masses and reached alot of Places on this Planet - including United States:

Chernobyl Cloud

Red indicates the extent of the radiation cloud on April 27, just after the accident in Chernobyl. Blue, indicates its almost worldwide distribution until the 6th of May.

So you think you are safe and sound across the Atlantic if Nuclear Bombs begin to fall in Iran? HA! Think again my Friends - and remember; it just takes a strong wind, and you will have Radioactive Dust falling on your porch.

So you bet I vote - NAE!

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Nuclear fallout - Wiki

Nuke cheerleaders are either trolling or have a suicide complex, in either case it doesn't involve using many nuerons and synapses to display such nonsense. Uncorking the pre-emptive nuke genie, means everyone shall eventually get a taste.

I suggest for those that desire to sow death and destruction, to take their own advice and volunteer for euthanasia and end their mockery of the golden rule.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
I wonder how many of you trigger-happy cowboys could actually find Iran on a map - you'd probably end up nuking Jamaica.

Thats probably the truest thing I've read on this forum, given the sheer ignorance of history and geography that I see on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
SharChi... I almost soiled myself when I read your post. No truer words have been spoken here. And to echo another very good recent point, when that nuclear genie is let out for the first (in modern history) time it's going to become increasingly easy to let it out the next time, and the next, and the next...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Iran is being used to enable large corporations to engage in the production of more hardware due to the fear factor.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

I could care less what a man says about Israel. He is venting due to the abuse the Palestinians have endured. This area of the world has had terrorists since after WWII yet we seem to over look or dont know.

The King David Hotel bombing (July 22, 1946) was a bombing attack against the British government of Palestine by members of Irgun — a militant Zionist organization, classified as a terrorist organization both by the British authorities and several Jewish organizations, such as the Jewish Agency, Haganah and Histadrut.

I am not particularly fond of Israel at present becuase they lied about the intelligence to get the US involved in Iraq. Look how things are messed up now.

Now lets get real about some issues of nuclear ability. If Iran wants a nuclear capability it should be there right. Does anyone beleive they would use it knowing Israel has three Nuclear subs that can strike back. I think there will be the same situation the US and USSR endured for 60 years, alot of yelling but thank goodness no war. It might even help that area as Israel woud no longer have the upper hand and maybe more peaceful solutions will be seriously attempted.

I do not trust the Bush family after learning their fortunes were made by the grand father Prescot investing in Germany during the 30's up untill 42. Point in case below, but stack the courts in your favor and you can do no wrong.

Some records in the National Archives, including the Harriman papers, document the continued relationship of Brown Brothers Harriman with Thyssen and some of his German investments up until his 1951 death.[4] Investigator John Loftus has said, "As a former federal prosecutor, I would make a case for Prescott Bush, his father-in-law (George Walker) and Averill Harriman [to be prosecuted] for giving aid and comfort to the enemy. They remained on the boards of these companies knowing that they were of financial benefit to the nation of Germany." Two former slave laborers from Poland have filed suit in London against the government of the United States and the heirs of Prescott Bush in the amount of $40 billion. A class-action lawsuit filed in the U.S. in 2001 was dismissed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join