It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tremmers (shaky hands)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
just curious anyone have the termmers on ats?
how do u cope?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I get tremors in my hands quite often due to nervous tension, and in extreme situations, my torso and head.

In social situations I tend to drink scotch until it subsides, but that's not always the best solution. Some medications have helped in the past, but I have an aversion to altering my personality with SSRI's or something like Lorazepam.

Whiskey works for me, but tremors can be a sign of other disorders or disease.
My best advice would be for you to see your doctor to have your specific symptoms looked at.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
oh it a horrible thing, i have a friend that suffers it bad,

1, keep note of when it gets worse, Sometimes just knowing what can make it worse means you can prepare

2,wear a heavyish Braclet, that helps loads, putting a little weight on the hand area,

3,Get loads of sleep and cut out the Caffine as much as you can..

4, Get a little ball and hold it in your hands to help give you something to grip,

[edit on 24-8-2006 by asala]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
oh it a horrible thing, i have a friend that suffers it bad,
1, keep not of when it gets worse, Sometimes just knowing what can make it worse means you can prepare
2,wear a heavyish Braclet, that helps loads, putting a little weight on the hand area,
3,Get loads of sleep and cut out the Caffine as much as you can..
4, Get a little ball and hold it in your hands to help give you something to grip,

That post did not read like it came from asala, or am I being paranoid ?

But yes, sleep is your friend and caffine is your enemy.
As much as I love coffee, I limit myself to 1 -2 a day. If I have a Pepsi or tea I won't have any coffee because it screws with my nerves too much.

Any idea how much caffine you take each day ?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

That post did not read like it came from asala, or am I being paranoid ?

lol? Im not sure i get what you mean,

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Gabapentin seems to work too, without the mental side effects of Valium, Lorazepam, etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
seeing a doctor

i mean obviously is it not the best thing to do?

or

man....

voodoo magic potions.

:w:

goooooooo crystal power!

[edit on 24-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
First off, lets look at you the tremor sufferer.

1) Is it just your hands and fore arms? If it is, carpal tunnel and or RSI could be a culprit. Too much ATS can cause damage which can cause shakes and pains in the hands and arms.

2) Caffine and sugars. Are you diabetic? do you ingest large amounts of stimulants? if so, reduce but do not stop your intake. Stopping will make the problem worse in the short term.

3) Sleep. Do you sleep enough? Lack of sleep can disorder the brains natural stimulant / sedative chemical balance. You may be tired and need a good sleep, possibly more than one night in a row.

4) Any loss of motor control or function? if you say yes to either of these, go to a Dr post haste. Any loss / function defecit needs attention. as does blurred vision / pins and needles (Tingling sensations) loss of balance and or control.

5) Go see a G.P. Thats what they are paid for - to keep you healthy.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Well yeah you got to visit your doctor, most suggestions include getting prescription drugs

I would ask about Gabapentin though, it's solved a myriad of problems for me from chronic pain to the shakes.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
yeah....but i put it down to my high opium ingestion.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Its not a big deal for myself at this point in time, only in my early twenties. But it is something I notice in my father from time to time, we've talked about it before. So in the future I expect to have it alittle bit.

Some days are worse than others, but most of the time its not noticeable.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I dont have the tremors, but my husbands side of the family does. They call it Parkinsons....
I hope that never happens to my husband.

It runs in families, doesnt it?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Not always Dg not always.

A good healthy omega oils intake, as well as exerciseing moderate amounts will help reduce the chances of falling chemical levels in the brain.

Exercise increases blood flow, which increase nutrient transport (Glucose), which in turn keeps more of what the brain needs pumping around. Doing puzzles and such is also good to keep the brain active.

In 10 years though it will be cureable, so don't sweat it. Enjoy life to the full and forget about it. Worry is for a later time if symptoms appear.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I get tremors in my hands quite often due to nervous tension, and in extreme situations, my torso and head.

In social situations I tend to drink scotch until it subsides, but that's not always the best solution. Some medications have helped in the past, but I have an aversion to altering my personality with SSRI's or something like Lorazepam.

Whiskey works for me, but tremors can be a sign of other disorders or disease.
My best advice would be for you to see your doctor to have your specific symptoms looked at.

spoke to a neuroligist (dude was a prick though)

what i got from him
some people are short some people are tall
now you cant help that,

anyhow i just got tremmers (and hopefully they will cure it in the next ten years)

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Not always Dg not always.

A good healthy omega oils intake, as well as exerciseing moderate amounts will help reduce the chances of falling chemical levels in the brain.

Exercise increases blood flow, which increase nutrient transport (Glucose), which in turn keeps more of what the brain needs pumping around. Doing puzzles and such is also good to keep the brain active.

In 10 years though it will be cureable, so don't sweat it. Enjoy life to the full and forget about it. Worry is for a later time if symptoms appear.

going to try taking this advice and see how it goes
cheers

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Regarding Parkinson’s Disease patients, it is observed that:

Persons with exposure to toxic elements often get Parkinson’s disease
Exercise slows the progress of the disease
Deep R.E.M. sleep slows the progress of the disease
Appreciable antioxidant Nutrition, Omega 3 and CoQ10 nutrition can help slow the progress of the disease.

thats a direct rip from my wifes medical books. Just so you know its not me spouting off....

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well, I have a very mild, but constant tremor thing going. It'll usually cause me to miss the right letter on the keyboard while I'm typing, and it's nothing serious. It tends to get more prominent when I'm nervous or in a stressful situation.

The only thing that really triggers a fit of kinds is dayquill. The shake spreads all the way through my body, causing alot of trouble for all kinds of simple motor functions.

Last time my mom accidently gave me too many dayquill, it was all I could do to stand up. I had to lean on the walls when walking because my legs were highly spasmadic(I think thats the right word), and if I was holding something, I held on tight because I likely to drop it.
The effect wore off in about two hours, but those were the most troublesome two hours I've ever experianced.

While writing this I misspelled at least 10 words, and messed up on three spaces before correcting myself. I've learned to live with my trembling hands by becoming an exceptional speller, and a grammar nazi.

If I can live with it, I'm good.

top topics

join