It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel buys two nuclear submarians!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I see history repeating itself, although this time it isn't between US and Soviet Union. Sad state of affairs that I have to read such a news break.

How will the iranians respond?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Who cares how Iran responds. At this point it doesn't matter. They have already stated that they want Israel whiped off the map and they have also shown that they are trying to build a nuclear weapon.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Who cares how Iran responds. At this point it doesn't matter. They have already stated that they want Israel whiped off the map and they have also shown that they are trying to build a nuclear weapon.

Who cares if they build a nuclear weapon? Besides having no real proof that this is their intentions, I don't believe our administrations claim. Remember Iraq and their WMD's? It was false. I'm not saying it was deliberate, but I'm also not saying it wasn't.

N. Korea has a nuke. China has a nuke. They are bigger threats to US than Iran, oh, but they don't have MASSIVE oil reserves. Let's face it, nukes are deterrants of US policies. That is why they don't want them having a nuke. Did we already forget that ONE MILLION people mourned with candles in FAVOR of the US after 9/11 happened in Tehran, Iran? Do you not remember that the whole world stood behind us then? It took the Bush admin. three years to ruin that.

I truly wish people could see all the elements surround their naive positions. Their IS a bigger picture, they just know that the masses will never see it. They kept us from the truth for so long, that when it started to unravel, the people had no frame of reference, we were unable to see the true cause and effect of it.

In time...

AAC

[edit on 24-8-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
They are nuclear capable submarines, not nuclear submarines... Two completely different animals. Anything can be nuclear capable... Heck, a Dodge Minivan could be (and probably will be at some point, and only then will the world wake up). A nuclear submarine is nuclear powered... The Dolphin class submarine is a diesel/electric sub.

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 24/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I agree. Makes me wonder why they choose such wording. Probably because half of the world just see NUCLEAR.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It is very likely that any nuclear weapons Israel has are on the submarines. It is known that the other submarines Israel has are armed with nuclear-capable cruise missiles. Nuclear capable submarines armed with nuclear capable missiles suggests that it is probable that that is where Israel's arsenal is. Plus launching a missile over Syria, Jordan and Iraq would be far more riskier and have many political consequences, than launching a missile strait at the target from the Persian Gulf. Plus there is little other reason why Israel would need submarines, since no one in the Mediterranean poses a credible navy threat to Israel.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
AnAbsoluteCreation, I should have clarified my words as "the leaders of Iran" rather than just "Iran". I do consider them quite different. As you would be able to tell from numerous posts of mine in the past, I feel for the people of Iran that misunderstand their leaders intentions. Though I believe that Iran wants nuclear power, I am also certain that they want nuclear weapons. I would want them if I were Iran. What better way to help bring stability and protection.

Besides when I said "Who cares how they respond", Iran's leaders have already decided to want nukes, it wouldnt be something as a response to Israel ordering nuke subs. Iran already ordered missles capable of carrying nuclear warheads.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It must be nice to have so much money to burn.

I wonder from where they get all that extra money to buy weapons and submarines.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I wonder from where they get all that extra money to buy weapons and submarines.

Rhetorical question, right?

Good old US... of... (A)tomic...

AAC

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Erm, you DID see where Germany is paying 1/3rd of the cost right? That's something like 400+ million of the 1.3 billion.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Somebody beat you to it by about an hour...

Israel adds 2 nuclear-capable submarines

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Shucks. I'm a day late and a dollar short. Story of my life...

AAC

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Lots of countries have nuclear subs. I don't understand what your concern is.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1spookychick
Lots of countries have nuclear subs. I don't understand what your concern is.

Lots of countries have nuclear weapons too. Why is Iran a concern? They have said things, but when is the last time they invaded a neiboring country?

AAC

new topics

top topics

join