It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Theory Regarding Nephilim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
A friend and mentor of mine, Bill Proctor, Harvard graduate suma cum lade, has written 100+ books (see Gospel according to the New York Times and Last Star), and ghostwriten more, has written several works on extraterrestrials, etc. Recently, he informed me of an interesting theory he had concerning the Biblical Nephilim.

See:
Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Numbers 13:33
We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."

Supposedly Nephilim were "the sons of God", (translated in Hebrew as "Titans"), angels who had descended to earth because of their lust for human women. The were said to have bred with them and to have produced a superhuman race who were giants.

William Proctor's theory is this:
The Nephilim were actually what the ancient Greeks and Romans mistook for their gods so, in theory, the mythical gods, godessess, heros, and creatures of ancient mythology actually did exist.

This, I thought to be a very probable idea.

It also spawned a possible theory in my mind that the nephilim are/were responsible for many supposed extraterrestrial sightings and abductions. Many abductees claim to have been genitally probed and/or examined in a sexual fashion which was the original intent of the nephilim Biblically.

You can also check out Nephilim in the Wikipedia and The Book of Enoch

The Book of Enoch (of the Apocrypha) contains further information on the nephilim.

Your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well the lust part is an exaggeration and really it was on the lines of extraterrestrial women mating with humans. Although it might be funny if was extraterrestrial women (hermaphrodites) mating with the daughters of man.

But I think this is more on the lines of a summary of a long activity that actually rarely happens. They don't mate with humans like how oftenly humans mate with each other. You might see a hybrid once every hundred or so years.

And the generally the hybrids were giants, but they were not always so. Krishna and Yeshua are both hybrids and yet they weren't giants.

Perhaps the term giants simply refers to in difference with terms of ability and intellect, rather than with height.

new topics

join