It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Examination of WTC Steel - Steven Jones

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
More on Why Steven Jones is having a difficult time getting the steel...

“Early confusion over who was in charge of the [WTC collapse] site and the lack of authority of investigators to impound pieces of steel for examination before they were recycled led to the loss of important pieces of evidence that were destroyed early during the search and rescue effort. ... Some of the critical pieces of steel—including the suspension trusses from the top of the towers and the internal support columns—were gone before the first BPAT [Building Performance Assessment Team] team member ever reached the site”(see September 12-October 2001). Furthermore, “The building owners, designers and insurers, prevented independent researchers from gaining access—and delayed the BPAT team in gaining access—to pertinent building documents largely because of liability concerns.” Regarding the decision to rapidly recycle the WTC steel, Rep. Joseph Crowley (D) says, “I do believe that conspiracy theorists are going to have a field day with this,” and says this loss of important physical evidence “is not only unfortunate, it is borderline criminal.” In his statement before the committee, Glenn Corbett, a science professor at John Jay College, claims that the “lack of significant amounts of steel for examination will make it difficult, if not impossible, to make a definitive statement as to the cause and chronology of the collapse.” He also complains, “we are staffing the BPAT with part-time engineers and scientists on a shoestring budget.” [US Congress, 3/6/2002; Associated Press, 3/7/2002]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia
If you've got a source that can clear this bit up for me, I'd appreciate it.

The provenience of the WTC dust sample is an apartment at 113
Cedar Street in New York City, NY.

A monument constructed primarily from structural steel from the
WTC Towers located at Clarkson University in Potsdam, New York,
is the source of previously-molten metal samples. Results from
these studies were presented at the 2006 meeting of the Utah
Academy of Science followed by the American Scholars
Symposium (Los Angeles)… The research continues.”

Source: Pg. 91 of above linked document.

More samples are being gathered and tested as we type. This man is not just making this up, but you can believe this if you would like.

The sample you are tlaking about was the very first one he revieced. A Lady who recieved steel to make one of the monuments was going to wash it (the sponge and bucket) and saw the slag, contacted Jones and he told her to scrape all of the slag off and send it to him. It was not from the bucket and not the same sample referencede above.

When they publish in a "peer reviewed journal" they will provide detailed information on the sources but I am sure that unless W himself comes on TV and says it is legit it will be written off as a big lie.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
this is all terrible, wow, the info here,call me paranoid, but all this info put me there. all these precise actions here and there in different countries to se the world stage for the nwo. for the u.s. so far it was the bombing of the (two world trade centers) so the nwo could set the stage for two banks to control the world affairs. nwo tactics, think about it, our founding fathers had ideas that as we got larger in population one day we would need to be governed as a whole. not this country governs itself and so forth cause of all the disputes. so if we had one to govern all and all played a part in----------well something has to go to make way for it all to happen, whether or not the people on the planet agree. for we are all just pawns in the game of play, playing out our different roles we do in life. the high ups have the power to do this. i see a revolution comming and i hope the bombs dont drop. god speed to us all.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Annother diversion here and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet..

What if the steel used to build the towers was not up to grade in the first place? The towers were unique in their day requiring special steel that was not that common nor used much before that time. What if Davey Rock(efeller..) had buddies produce weak steel for a greater profit knowing that the towers would have to come down later on anyways?

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Annother diversion here and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet..

What if the steel used to build the towers was not up to grade in the first place? The towers were unique in their day requiring special steel that was not that common nor used much before that time. What if Davey Rock(efeller..) had buddies produce weak steel for a greater profit knowing that the towers would have to come down later on anyways?

Just a thought.

was it special steel? and are there not regulations needed to test its strength. I mean if anything the WTCs steel would have to be made STRONGER then most, because its dealing with potential earthquakes, floodings, high wind storms, plane crashes, and gravity.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Do you have any sources for this? Special steel...that's the first time I've heard of this.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
littlebird. Welcome to ATS. BTW could you hit the Caps Lock button and unlock it. All caps is hard on the head. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Why does everyone get afraid when a moderator comes in? It's funny...we are haveing a great discussion...let's keep it up.

On topic: I can't wait till this paper is reviewed and published in a real paper by his peers.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
www.ksdk.com...

Here is 20 tons of steel to test from the WTC. Conspriacy and cover up, nope, just go to Kentucky. I mean, even Steve Jones has google, right? it did not ALL go to China, but alot did. They are the largest user of steel in the world right now. I seem to also remember one made into a warship.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Why does everyone get afraid when a moderator comes in? It's funny...we are haveing a great discussion...let's keep it up.

On topic: I can't wait till this paper is reviewed and published in a real paper by his peers.

I'm beginning to lean in your direction, and am also awaiting the journal.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Astygia,

Good..it means you are thinking critically. Even though esdad doesn't want to admit it but he/she is in the same boat as us. In the middle. Esdad did a great job in his/her thread about flight 93. Valhall and esdad OWNED that thread. I suggest checking it out. It's well worth the read.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
www.ksdk.com...

Here is 20 tons of steel to test from the WTC. Conspriacy and cover up, nope, just go to Kentucky. I mean, even Steve Jones has google, right? it did not ALL go to China, but alot did. They are the largest user of steel in the world right now. I seem to also remember one made into a warship.

Even if he collects a sample from there (I believe they have) how does thsi defeat the chain of custody argument since it has just been sitting there for years?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You believe he did (got a link?). C'mon now, I am jsut supposed to believe you.

There is no chain of evidence needed if the city asked for it, it was shipped, and it has sat there. Are you now trying to say the steel that was shipped is not from the WTC?

Also, the steel that was used was tested and it can be verified that there was nothing wrong with it. However, I am glad to see someone state this. It is not so much the materials, but the method of construction. I mean, why are more buildings not built like the WTC? Ever wonder about that one...

[edit on 8-9-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
here a list of wtc memorials

here

here's the ones in my area

here

I've emailed Stephen Jones and let him know about this site. He asked that I take pics and send them in so I did. I also posted this in the 911 Truth group on myspace and a bunch more people did as well.

The one pictured appeared to be from the basement/bottom of the towers.

The other one in my area was used by a developer for an entrance to a subdivision. Funny thing is it's right off a major highway and if you try to go up and look at it, you're most likely going to get hit by a car! The metal at this one appeared to be the vertical beams (not sure of the proper terminology) on the outside of the building.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
You believe he did (got a link?). C'mon now, I am jsut supposed to believe you.

There is no chain of evidence needed if the city asked for it, it was shipped, and it has sat there. Are you now trying to say the steel that was shipped is not from the WTC?

[edit on 8-9-2006 by esdad71]

If JOnes says, "I got a smaple from the place ESDAD told me tooo... It WILL be writtin off by the oficial line towers as not having a proper chain of custody... IT has happend on here with the other samples...

One more thing to keep in mind... he is not testing any RANDOM pieces of the steel, he is testing the ones that have slag and jagged "cuts". The steel itself, intact, will show little unless there are slag blobs attached to it.

You still do not fix the chain of custody issue by giving him samples from here... The same arguments against will still apply...

why won't you address the 1,3-diphenylpropane WHICH DOES have a reliabel chain of custody as it is right out of the mouth of the EPA?

[edit on 11-9-2006 by Slap Nuts]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts

why won't you address the 1,3-diphenylpropane WHICH DOES have a reliabel chain of custody as it is right out of the mouth of the EPA?

Is athermitic reaction the only thing that will produce this? Real question.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Is athermitic reaction the only thing that will produce this? Real question.

It is not a by-product of the aluminothermic reaction itself, it is a by-product of Aerogel/Solgel, a compound used to suspend and shape aluminothermic charges (referred to as "superthermite" sometimes)... I do not know what else can produce this compound... as the EPA said, they have NEVER seen it in any samples privously taken.

Howardroark will try to say that it is a by-product of burning plastic and this is NOT TRUE. LAbtop set him straight in an old thread on here... For some reason 'search' sucks for me on this site so maybe if you search "diphenylpropane" you can find it.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm probably the worst at searching the web for info. I can't find anytype of source for this compound. Not even what you said Slap Nuts. Anyone a chemist out there?

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'm probably the worst at searching the web for info. I can't find anytype of source for this compound. Not even what you said Slap Nuts. Anyone a chemist out there?

LabTop is a chemist... unfortunately, he only comes around every now and again. I wll search...

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts
Howardroark will try to say that it is a by-product of burning plastic and this is NOT TRUE. LAbtop set him straight in an old thread on here... For some reason 'search' sucks for me on this site so maybe if you search "diphenylpropane" you can find it.

Labtop did no such thing.

The compound is a component of polystyrene.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join