It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Charged With Providing Hezbollah TV to New York Customers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hmmm... Now the government is beginning to slowly control tv in the US.

www.foxnews.com...

Javed Iqbal, 42, was arrested Wednesday on conspiracy charges of enabling the broadcasts of al Manar, which was designated by the U.S. government this spring as a global terrorist entity, U.S. Attorney Michael Garcia said in a statement.

Guess they do not want things to be told from the other side? Only the controlling media who actually does and says what the government wants them to so as to provide only the material that they want out there. How rude.. so much for freedom!

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoNotBelieveThem

Hmmm... Now the government is beginning to slowly control tv in the US.

Have you ever heard of the FCC?

They have control, they've had control since the first radio broadcasts and are able to determine what content is acceptable.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I Want My Hez TV!

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Actually there are two key points to this, one that Nerdling already brought up. The FCC has been around since the 30's and have always pretty much had a hand in what goes, what doesn't go. They are the primary decider on the ideas of what curse words can be used on tv, and what is appropriate for radio content. Take into account a famous one, like Howard Stern:

In another broadside at Howard Stern, the Federal Communications Commission today fined Clear Channel Communications a whopping $495,000 for last year's broadcast of an allegedly indecent bit on the King of All Media's popular radio program. Acting on a listener complaint, the FCC hammered Clear Channel over an April 2003 broadcast during which Stern and his cohorts discussed their sexual practices and the use of a personal hygiene product...

The other point of course is, if the people were subscribing to this, and it was by request, I don't exactly know how the FCC can legally do this. There could be a court battle, and one that they very well could win. Point of the matter is this, though: The United States does recognize Hezbollah as a terrorist group. That is of course open to debate and covered on PTS here. Would you consider the likelihood that terrorist sympathizers would want to view Hezbollah TV? Possibly.

I'll be interested on how this pans out and what other members can bring to the table on this.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This had nothing to do with the FCC. Read the article closely and you'll see that he was arrested on "conspiracy charges". Unfortunatley they don't give too many details as to who exactly charged him but you darn well know that if it was the FCC that had a part in this they would tell you. It seems like by reading the article he had legally been broadcasting the channel through a legit satellite broadcaster. The government found out about it and struck him down! Can you say New World Order??

new topics

top topics

join