It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Use the Complain Feature for Complaints.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If you have a complaint we want to hear it. Making your voice heard helps us to make this forum better.
If you have a complaint or just want to address all the mods in a private manner please click the
Complain link at the top of the page.
The Board Business & Questions forum isn’t a place to gripe about the ATS forums or its members.

ATS is a huge forum and we really appreciate it when members use the complain feature.
See a repeat thread? Report it with the complain feature.
Found a bug on ATS? Report it with the complain feature.
See a T&C violation? Report it with the complain feature.
Think a thread would be better in a different forum? Report it with the complain feature.
Dislike something on ATS or think that something can be improved? Report it with the complain feature.

There are now extra mods assigned to help in keeping the BB&Q forum threads on topic. If a thread of yours has been moved out of BB&Q while older threads that are similar have not, it is because of our “new” direction on this particular board.

Thank you.
Umbrax
ATS Moderator.

Update
The Complain/suggestion feature can now be found in the Member Center.

[edit on 10/1/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
If you have a complaint we want to hear it. Making your voice heard helps us to make this forum better.
If you have a complaint or just want to address all the mods in a private manor please click the
Complain link at the top of the page.
The Board Business & Questions forum isn’t a place to gripe about the ATS forums or its members..........

I'd like to suggest changing the name to something other than "Complain".

I understand the usage of the button because of threads like these, and the number of times people have told members to take something from BB&Q and address it with the "Complain" button, but new members don't.
Many of the threads that get posted in BB&Q are not a complaint, but a suggestion or query. Members wanting to know about something or pass on an idea.

Also, many of the threads that get told to take it up with the "Complain" button are interesting points of board drama that we would miss if it was only sent to the Mods.
The drama is half the fun of the ATS boards. It's like a bit of gossip over the garden fence, and all the neighbours get to hear what's going on with each other.

Sure, some things belong behind closed doors, but getting things out in the open is one of the reasons I hang out on ATS. I hope the Mods don't crack down on this too hard.

I had no idea that the Mod's had a private manor

We learn something new every day. Is it in Swindon ???

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I had no idea that the Mod's had a private manor

We learn something new every day. Is it in Swindon ???

Please use the complain button to tease the mods for typos.

jk

Noted and corrected.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I should be the last one to make jokes about how other people spell, I'm one of the worst offenders.

You made some great points on using the "Complain" button, but I just hope it won't curtail members from posting in BB&Q. Some of the topics brought up there are of interest to the entire community, but they are told to take it to "Complain".

Perhaps a forum like RATS that can't be spidered by the web could be used for members to post in for complaints, but not read by non-members.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Alot of issues that are brought up in the BB&Q Forum, are between the Author and a Mod, or something that can be resolved with the flick of a switch. Issues like this can be dealt with using the Complain/Suggestion button.

As Anx is bringing up though, members with an idea pertaining the board as a whole I think should be dealt with in the Board Business & Questions Forum. Its abit of a grey area on this one it appears.

A possible rule of thumb could be:

If the request can be resolved quickly and easily, try to the Complain/Suggestion

If it is something your looking for feedback on and discuss opinions, post in the Board Business & Questions Forum

Anything between members should be dealt with via u2u or Complain/Suggestion

[edit on 24-8-2006 by chissler]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Even easier chissler, if the only answer you can get for resolution is from a staff member = Complaints/Suggestions.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
DAMN YOU!

You've outdone me on this one Canuck! Savour the flavour pal!

Honestly though, I like that. Simple answer.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
DAMN YOU!

You've outdone me on this one Canuck! Savour the flavour pal!

Honestly though, I like that. Simple answer.

I gathered a lot of insight over 24's of Old Scotian. Before your time.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They could always rename it Whine / Suggestion.

buahahaha. ha?

oh look a naner

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
ahhhh....

guys, I just used the complain button to ask about the advertising... as per instruction and now I see this thread!

I didn't intend to bother/abuse anyone so accept my apology in advance.

*slaps noob forehead*

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This sounds a bit New World Ordish....

Wanna turn in your fellow posters? Use the complain button....

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i have used the complain button several times before, not just for complaints but also for suggestions (any chance that there could be 2 buttons to separate the two btw?)

however, i rarely ever recieve any answer to what i post there and also there is no way of knowing if your post in there was ...

a) fully received in the complaints section
b) read by anybody
c) who read it
d) no explanation as to why it's been ignored
e) no way of proving that 'we never saw your post in there'

i could complain about the lack of response i seem to get but ... well, see above

i would actually like the complaints/suggestions area to be viewed by members who can see what is being said AND done. they may also have something useful to add to the section. im sure there will be reasons given why its not a good idea to do that.

it would be nice if somebody could address any or all of the above points that ive made

[edit on 5-9-2006 by justyc]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I’m sorry to hear that you have had some issues with the complaint system justyc.

ATS is a place to exchange information and board drama detracts from that. This is one of the reasons why complaints must be private. If a member is complaining about another individual, this can cause unnecessary board drama. If complaints were in the public members may be even intimidated and not complain in the first place. Also ATS has it’s “haters,” from rival boards, banned members, trolls, and some of us even believe there are paid disrupters that visit this website. These people take any advantage to make ATS look bad and would jump into any public complaint and make the situation worse.

As for the complaints you have submitted, I really haven’t much to tell you. There could be any number of reasons why your messages have not been addressed. You have been here since 2004 and I have no idea what your complaint(s) may have been.
We receive several messages via the complaint feature everyday. Many of them are complaints about other member’s opinions. As opinions are not against the T&C, there isn’t much a mod can do about it. If a “complaint” is made and there is no visual result from it, it doesn’t mean that it is ignored or not dealt with either.
Suggestions sent to use are much appreciated and I do make the effort to send a thank you U2U. Unfortunately we are only volunteers and sometimes we forget this simple curtsey and I apologize for that.

If you have any questions or wish to discuss this further please feel free to U2U me.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I for one, have had 100% success with the button in question...

I have used it a few times and every time a response is required, I have gotten it within 24 hours.

I have however sent some suggestions and even a compliment or two that needed no response and I never expected one.

Just my 2 cents.

Semper

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The button is well and good, but the mods SHOULD reply as soon as possible when someone has an issue.
It makes people feel better knowing "someone" is on it as opposed to never getting an acknoledgement at all.

Just a suggestion.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm running around 75% with the Complain button.

When I come across something on the board that should be corrected, I normally pass the link on. This is normally packed with a u2u from the responding staff member saying Thanks for the heads up!

Other times when I toss an idea out, where the answer is only going to come from a staff member, I use the Complain button rather than creating a thread. Sometimes I recieve a response, other times I do not.

Now as a member we have to realize that we do have a small staff when we look at the size of our membership. They are busy, and odds are whatever idea we have they may of already heard a few times already. Its still a good idea to contact the member, but if its not possible, we as the member should not get our panties in a knot.

Recognition isn't required when your trying to help. If your suggesting an idea, and you don't hear back, So what? If you had a good idea, the staff will have a look and maybe implement it in the future. If not, no harm in trying.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The button is well and good, but the mods SHOULD reply as soon as possible when someone has an issue.

I,d like to complain about Dgtempe using this complain button thread to make a complaint.
Complaints should be restricted to the complain button..and complaining about it just isn,t going to help..

Btw.. I,d like to turn myself in for using this complaint button thread to....

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well allow myself to make a formal complaint:

1) No photos of persons wearing less than shirt-and-shorts.

Hrmmm? Someboooooody didn't read the rules.

D'OH!

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Whatever floats your boat, Agent T.

You wont be the first to complain about me or the last.

We both go down together. Ok?

I think in all honesty, when you send a complaint/suggestion, they should be acknoledged. That's not too much to ask.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Well allow myself to make a formal complaint:

1) No photos of persons wearing less than shirt-and-shorts.

Hrmmm? Someboooooody didn't read the rules.

D'OH!

DG made me do it in the Avatar thread..

BTW I,d like to complain about myself for quoting Chissler,s whole post

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join