It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations Milwaukee... America's drunkest city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I just want to say 'CHEERS' and congratulate my home town, Milwaukee, WI for just being named ‘America's Drunkest City'.:w: by Forbes.com.

Forbes.com taps Milwaukee as America's drunkest city

On Tuesday, Forbes.com named Milwaukee "America's Drunkest City" on a list of 35 major metropolitan areas ranked for their drinking habits. The report put Brew City way above stereotypical party towns Las Vegas (No. 14) and Miami (No. 33)…

We have worked very hard to achieve this lofty distinction and appreciate the honor bestowed upon our great town. We will continue to strive to be the leaders in drunkenness for years, no decades, to come and are proud to lead the way for the rest of the nation.

” I have had people stay with me from London and Chicago, and they cant get over how much liquor we can hold and how much we drink.”- Rick DeMeyer, 28

I will be celebrating this weekend in the same tradition which put Milwaukee at the top of national drunkenness, by toasting my good friends (or whoever might be in the vicinity) and hoisting a twelve ouncer (or two… or twelve)!

Doug Knueppel takes a swig from his third beer Wednesday at G-Daddys BBC on E. North Ave. Knueppel says he will drink as many as 10 to 12 beers and two to three shots on a Saturday night.

Congratulations Milwaukee! You've earned it.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe it! New Orleans was like number 25!

Congratulations to Milwaukee! I'm going do my part to make New Orleans number 1 next year, how is that for dedication? *looks at clock*

4 more hours until Milwaukee begins it's decline to numbah 2!

:w:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A lot of good 'ol German beer drinking heritage here that you will have to overcome. Milwaukee's nickname is "Brew City". The baseball team is the Milwaukee Brewers. And the University of Wisconsin (a 1 1/2 hour drive from Milwaukee) is regularly voted the nation's number one party school...

badgerherald.com...

From books to babes to beer, Playboy magazine believes that when you say Wisconsin, you’ve said it all.

In its upcoming May 2006 issue, to hit newsstands this Friday, Playboy magazine ranked the University of Wisconsin No. 1 in its list of top 10 party schools, a Playboy representative said Tuesday.

www.princetonreview.com...

Other ranking lists in "The Best 361 Colleges" and the # 1 colleges on them are: Top Party School – Univ. of Wisconsin (Madison)

So you really are battling an entire state that not only works hard but drinks hard. But Good Luck!

BTW - I've never been to New Orleans. Always wanted to go and will get there very soon I hope.

new topics

join