It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pluto is no longer a planet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Everything I know is crumbling!!!!

www.tribstar.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Does that mean all the text books are going to be replaced with updated ones condemning the notion of calling Pluto a planet? Just another example how labels are crap. I mean if a planet can't keep it's status of a planet, then what hope is there for us little people?

I'm so sorry everything is falling apart around you. Look on the bright side, it's the only way to get to

DELICIOUS GUTS!

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
When they built the new planetarium and space science center a few years ago at the American Museum of Natural History here in New York, they did the same thing...apparently it created a huge amount of mail from angry youngsters who were Pluto fans.

But I agree, it really shouldn't be considered a planet.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

dood thats the most terrifying avy i have seen to date, I think I need therapy.

ps: Their my delicious guts!!!! to which I shall defend until they are ripped from me, or spread across trillions of light years, thanks to cthulhu.

pps: sucks to be pluto!

[edit on 24-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Big news eh?

Only 424 astronomers voted out of the 10000 professional astronomers from around the world who met for the INternational Astronomical Union in Prague.

I guess there is already a petition circulating around to overturn the decision.... so it's a wait and see thing.

I hope ultimately it's decided in the scientific community with factors such as the general public and culture having little say. I feel this makes much more sense.

top topics

join