It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Movement Detected at North Korean Nuclear Base....

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Developing....

Fox is reporting that Japan is confirming activity in NK.....

More as it comes in...




posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Developing....

Fox is reporting that Japan is confirming activity in NK.....

More as it comes in...


Link to a story please? On TV? What?

And..is it rapid movement meaning an iminent test or whatever they have planned or is it just same old same old that we've been hearing about?



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

TOKYO — Japan has confirmed vehicle activity at a North Korean nuclear testing site, but it was unclear whether tests were imminent, a news report said Thursday.


www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 24-8-2006 by NukeIran87]



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There was no link when i posted this story.

Now there is. Thank you for providing it.



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is getting really annoying. Why don't we just bomb North Korea? Why are we sitting around waiting for them to do something? They don't care what the U.N. says. Why are we messing around with diplomacy? It's not going to work. It's really pretty sad that our leaders are that stupid that their willing to allow all this time to go by and allow North Korea to get even further along in their nuclear technology because we're supposedly confident that diplomacy will work.


WASHINGTON — The White House said Thursday that a nuclear weapons test by North Korea would be an "extremely provocative" act that would be denounced around the globe.


OK?!?! THEY DONT CARE!!!

Oh no it's going to be denounced around the globe...what ever will we do??..ok now keep enriching that uranium and load that nuclear weapon on to that ICBM..we're gonna destroy Japan.

That's just stupid to wait..Bush is a moron.



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Nuke Iran,

Are you suggesting we go ahead and nuke because there's some "activity" at their facility?
Just wipe them out?



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe


Nuke Iran,

Are you suggesting we go ahead and nuke because there's some "activity" at their facility?
Just wipe them out?


Not necessarily nuke but at least attack..we cant afford to sit around and allow them to get their hands on a nuclear weapon. They havent tested it YET so they dont know if they built it right yet..we need to stop them before its too late and the U.N. is doing nothing..nothing right anyway.



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe


Nuke Iran,

Are you suggesting we go ahead and nuke because there's some "activity" at their facility?
Just wipe them out?


No, we should just let NK explode a nuclear bomb and then sell/ give it to terrorits like Iran/Syria or their lap dogs hezbolla/hamas

Clearly NK does not want need them for defence, but insted for attacking.

Yes, we need to prevent NK/Iran/Syria from getting nuclear weapons.



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
NukeIran, can we all assume from your post that the population of S. Korea is expendable? Disregarding for a moment the reactions of China and Russia (both important trading partners of NK), any serious action against NK would initiate a fierce and devastating action against S.Korea. The cavalier manner in which you regard the use of nuclear weapons is to say the least disturbing.



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
NukeIran, can we all assume from your post that the population of S. Korea is expendable? Disregarding for a moment the reactions of China and Russia (both important trading partners of NK), any serious action against NK would initiate a fierce and devastating action against S.Korea. The cavalier manner in which you regard the use of nuclear weapons is to say the least disturbing.


any non-action against north korea would initiate a fierce and devastating action against us later on. when it comes to our safety..yes..south korea is expendable



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I vote "accident". Heck, my Internet gets jammed with erroneous signals.
Why not just install a self-implied, harmonic distortion (extra bang), and show that tests are not always sound.
Just to mess up there data, not to wipe them out.



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Nuke... what NK is up to has nothing whatsoever to do with the imminent safety of the United States. It is one thing to test a nuke it is another altogether to build a reliable delivery vehicle, build them in significant quantity to impose a security threat, miniaturize the technology of the nuke itself to make it ballistically deliverable and set up a system to deliver them.

The next country to use a nuke is going to become an instant international pariah. The ramifications of that could be far more devastating and far reaching than even being hit with a nuke. Every country on this planet knows with 100% certainty than even IF they could mount a nuclear assault against the United States they would be utterly destroyed. Even IF all of our air launched and silo-based nukes were eliminated (unlikely in the extreme especially from such a great distance) and even IF none of our allies responded, our SBLM nuclear capabilities alone would erase NK and substantially devastate any other country before they even knew what hit them.

So no, we don't need to nuke NK or Iran for that matter) and drive the United States further into the international black hole. Take a lesson from Israel's recent (non-nuclear) attempt to 'protect itself'.



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   


any non-action against north korea would initiate a fierce and devastating action against us later on.


What a pile of horse poop.
NK, nukes or not, is not capable of any "fierce and devastating action" against the US.

We, on the other hand, are more than capable of completely glassing NK within 30 minutes of any attack.

NK is not going to nuke us - their game is extortion, not mass homicide.



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NukeIran87
This is getting really annoying. Why don't we just bomb North Korea? Why are we sitting around waiting for them to do something? They don't care what the U.N. says. Why are we messing around with diplomacy? It's not going to work. It's really pretty sad that our leaders are that stupid that their willing to allow all this time to go by and allow North Korea to get even further along in their nuclear technology because we're supposedly confident that diplomacy will work.


WASHINGTON — The White House said Thursday that a nuclear weapons test by North Korea would be an "extremely provocative" act that would be denounced around the globe.


OK?!?! THEY DONT CARE!!!

Oh no it's going to be denounced around the globe...what ever will we do??..ok now keep enriching that uranium and load that nuclear weapon on to that ICBM..we're gonna destroy Japan.

That's just stupid to wait..Bush is a moron.


How do you really feel? Well no one can accuse you of mincing your words!

Frankly I think Kim Jong Il, is digging his own grave. He is being given enough rope to hang himself. He does something stupid with a nifty little Nuke, and the world will come down on him. Hopefully it will be someone else besides the USA to put an end to it once and for all. The USA is just spread way too thin, and it's pretty obvious that the world pretty much harbors a deep resentment to the USA already. If the USA is involved, can't you hear everyone "The US is a war mongerer" "The US has a conspiracy to rule the planet" "Poor North Korea, the US attacks such a small, poor country". I think the current tact is the correct one.



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Dead-on xmotex. Except I think your 30min window may be a bit wide. If we have SBLM platforms in international waters off their coast it would be closer to 8min.



posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Did I imply they could wipe us out? Or did I imply they were a threat? They are a threat. They don't have to wipe out our entire population for it to be a "fierce and devistating action". What if they take out Seattle or something..that's not devastating? I'm not questioning our ability to wipe them off the face of the planet. I know we can do that. But it's still unacceptable to lose any amount of life to some wacko like they got over there and the best way to prevent it is to take out the threat before it has a chance to respond to your attack and..attack is pretty much the only thing left to do because the U.N. has proven once again their a waste of money and space.



posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   


any non-action against north korea would initiate a fierce and devastating action against us later on. when it comes to our safety..yes..south korea is expendable


thank the lord that you are not in any position of power to make decisions like this. Do you consider your self 'expendable'?



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join