It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012..can anybody tell me..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I keep seeing people mention 2012 when it comes to "end of the world" predictions but..maybe im out of the loop here..but can somebody tell me what the significance of 2012 is? i apologize if its a stupid question but im just really curious because it seems like everybody knows except me.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Im no expert but the mayans calendar has cycles, im not sure how long they are?? At the end of each cycle a great civlisation would fall, i believe the mayans fell at the end of the first cycle, the roman empire fell, at the end of one of the cycles, thats all i can remember im sure some one will put it straight.

Anyway 2012 is the end of the next cycle according to the mayan calendar and there aren't anymore cycles after 2012 the calendar just ends 2012 so alot of people believe this could be the end of the world.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
ohh i see..thanks for the info

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Here's a list of almost all of the threads that exist here at ATS about 2012. Hope this will help you brush up on the subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

enjoy

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Interestingly, the study of astronomy recently discovered that every once in a great while (i think like every 26,000 years or so) the earths eliptical (plane in which earth rotates) parrellels the black hole in the center of the galaxy. The next time Earth's rotational plane will coincide with our galaxy's black hole will be the towards the end of 2012.

Just a coincidence?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The earth will complete a cycle in its wobble on December 21 of 2012. This is called the draco cycle because the earths wobble draws a circle around most of the draco constillation. Due to the shifting of our north star the constillations appear to move around in whats called the precession of the equinox/zodiac. Also, the sun's path will cross into the dark spot in the milky way which is considered to be the mouth of the Xibalba or mayan underworld; so the sun will descend into hell so to speak. This dark area is also the "mouth" of a huge serpent who is swallowing its own tail (Ouroboros).

The reason that it happens on this date is because this same event 26,000 years ago is supposed to be the beginning of the world for the mayans. The 9 levels of creation of consciousness come to fruition at the end of their calander which is in 2012.

This crossing of the sun's path through the center of the galaxy is known as the Tree of Life to the mayans and the event will happen at exactly 11:11am GMT.

top topics

join