It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are female ligers/tigons fertile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by krax
Personally I saw him on channel 4, and yeah thats what i ment, he must have been a cross between a man/monkey man/ape. Thats so disgusting though, but he was a amazement, people thought he was a missing link at first, but then they concluded some-one actually "did it" with a primate. And he was the result.

I don't know WHAT you were watching (and frankly I don't wanna know) but that isn't what they concluded.

They did a blood test on him and found that he was in fact pure chimp, and the reason he was attracted to human women is because he had never been in a chimpanzee social group, only humans. He adapted accordingly.

He was all chimp, as this link shows.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Male ligers are sterile, but female ligers are fertile and can be bred to tigers (resulting in ti-ligers) or to lions (resulting in li-ligers). Ti-ligers are more tiger-like, having a greater percentage of tiger genes. Li-ligers are more lion-like, having a greater percentage of lion genes. Neither are common. The fertility of hybrid big cat females is well-documented across a number of different hybrids. This is in accordance with Haldane's rule: in hybrids of animals whose gender is determined by sex chromosomes, the heterogametic sex (the one with two different sex chromosomes e.g. X and Y) is either absent, rare or sterile.

Little bit of friendly help to confusion about the REAL topic, maybe?

and to the monkey thing.....apes/monkeys are not anywhere near genetically compatible with humans......number of chromosomes doesnt match up.....if they did....or were close enough....then we would see a whole lot of monkey-people in africa, where some cultures still practice sex with primates

new topics

<< 1   >>

join