It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did God say to you when He First Spoke to you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
DjNothing, you must mean that Jesus Christ, Moses, and all the prophets heard voices!!! Please do not tell me that you can create a Universe, Galaxies, Solar Systems, Cells, and subatomic particles!!! There is something out there, God, who can create way beyond we ever imagined!!!

Didnt they admit to hearing voices? They even wrote long stories and letters about what the voices were telling them. Any psychologist that could examine this outside of the biased realm of religion will conclude that they were suffering (all of them, most likely) from some type of delerium. Think about it. You start hearing voices in your head that tell you they created the world and they want you to do this or that in their name. Mostly, these 'voices' seem to want people to kill. Just look at any of the extremists (christian and islamic alike).

That the voices want them to kill is yet ANOTHER symptom of schizophrenia. You can look that up too. But then again it could also be that somebody wants to believe in something so very badly, like hearing "god" in their head, that they convince themselves that it actually is happening. This is a little more understandable, and probably not as dangerous as the ones who really do hear actual voicies a la schizoid.

BTW, the origin of the galaxy has nothing to do with the antiquated ramblings of delusional middle eastern folk.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Great thread. I have not heard from God or Jesus. I wish I would. I've had some hard times and struggles in my life and asked often for answers, advice, or guidance but have never heard from Him. I'm not religious in the sense of going to church every Sunday, but do believe in The Lord and pray often on a personal level. But honestly it's hard when I don't hear back. Perhaps He is answering but I am not listening or don't understand. I just wish sometimes that He would just wisper in my ear.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have heard voices, but i really hope it wasn't God, but once i had a dream i spoke to God, but it ended up to be a 4x4 truck, pretty strange dream.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
Great thread. I have not heard from God or Jesus. I wish I would. I've had some hard times and struggles in my life and asked often for answers, advice, or guidance but have never heard from Him.

Reading the Bible a great place to hear from God.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
mecheng, God will approach you during His Perfect Time. It is my personal experience, that He approaches you during your "Greatest Weakness Time Period of Your Life." For me, it was after 6 months of being bedridden after dropping out of graduate school. I have been subject to God ever since. God is the Holiness, power, and energy of the Universe and grants special blessings to those that are weak and suffered calamities, difficulties, and hardships.

God is the Glory of Heaven and the Universe!!!

May God Bless You, mecheng!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjNothing
hearing voices in your head is a symptom of schizophrenia. Sorry, but its true.

I'm more an optimist on this issue. So, DjNothing, don't be sorry. Why does it have to be seen as a negative?

It is just a sign of a multi-tasking mind, is it not?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well, I don't remember when the first time I talked to myself was, so I don't know what the first thing I said to myself was.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
iori_komei, do not be self-centered. I use to be self-centered and believe me it was a failed project. Self-centeredness fails in the long-term like clockwork. Take some small steps to gain belief in God, for example, by attending church, reading the Bible or praying. The Eternal God will Bless You!!!

For me, devotion to God gets me through each day. God will find you and you will be consciously aware of God in the future. Do not risk your eternal life by being atheistic, or showing lack of devotion!!!

All the Best!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

iori_komei, do not be self-centered. I use to be self-centered and believe me it was a failed project. Self-centeredness fails in the long-term like clockwork. Take some small steps to gain belief in God, for example, by attending church, reading the Bible or praying. The Eternal God will Bless You!!!

For me, devotion to God gets me through each day. God will find you and you will be consciously aware of God in the future. Do not risk your eternal life by being atheistic, or showing lack of devotion!!!

All the Best!!!

I was'nt, atleast I don't think I was, I was joking saying that
I am in fact god.

Oh, and just so you don't think I'm going around tagging your
threads with my responses, I'm not, I just happen to click on
the more interesting thread titles from the recent thread menu.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

DjNothing, you must mean that Jesus Christ, Moses, and all the prophets heard voices!!!

Are you saying that you are a prophet?

You know that god talked to David Koresh and Charles Manson?
Albert Fish was told by god to castrate boys.
Peter Sutcliffe the "Yorkshire Ripper" spoke with God frequently.
God told Ian Kay to kill thirteen women.

I could go on but I hope my point has been made.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
GreatTech,
Your questions were: "What did God say to you when He first spoke to you " and
"What did God say to you when you first spoke to Him"
Two questions.

God didn't utter a word for three decades, then one day in a small desolute church in Northern Spain, on my knees, begging to be relieved from my ship, Our Father spoke to me: "Be calm My Child".
I was all alone had not uttered a word.
The voice was clear as day.
Our God is a Mighty God, He will not change.
WIS

NB. GreatTech, I m sorry to see your thread being trashed. How infantile.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by WalkInSilence]

[edit on 29-8-2006 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Guy Fawkes, I would only consider myself a prophet if God labeled me as such.

The Webster's Dictionary defines God as "the Supreme Being, creator and ruler of the universe". I would define Him as Infinite and Supreme Love, Infinite and Supreme Power, Infinite and Supreme Intelligence, and Infinite and Supreme of every Great Attribute.

Personally, I abhor violence. Satan loves violence. Those under Satan's command commit violence. God has, does, and will always defeat violence.

May God create Love and Peace within your Soul, Guy Fawkes!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm saying this from the christian perspective. Since satan and his followers have the ability to influence to influence our thoughts great care needs to be taken so that we don't mistake his influencing as God talking to us.

Also the only way to God is through Christ. So if someone has never placed their faith in Christ yet they claim to hear from God, I would be very cautious as to what they say is from God.

Another thing is since we have the Bible, which is God's word to us right know, a person needs to know what it says. The only way to know what it says is to read it. It takes continual everyday until your last day on earth to know what it says. And if you hear something from God ,that contradicts what the Bible says, then you have not heard from God.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
I'm saying this from the christian perspective. Since satan and his followers have the ability to influence to influence our thoughts great care needs to be taken so that we don't mistake his influencing as God talking to us.

Also the only way to God is through Christ. So if someone has never placed their faith in Christ yet they claim to hear from God, I would be very cautious as to what they say is from God.

Another thing is since we have the Bible, which is God's word to us right know, a person needs to know what it says. The only way to know what it says is to read it. It takes continual everyday until your last day on earth to know what it says. And if you hear something from God ,that contradicts what the Bible says, then you have not heard from God.

That cant be right though, because god contradicts HIMSELF so many times in the bible. All I'm saying, and Im not really bashing christianity so much as it may seem (really, Im not), is that hearing voices is not healthy. Any christian Ive ever heard talk about these things told me that 'god speaks to them in their heart'. Thats kind of poetic, and I can deal with that I guess. It doesnt smack of insanity like some things Ive heard other people say in the name of religion.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
And God said, "Take your hands off of that!"

I wasn't doing anything! I just had an itch! I swear!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I haven't heard him say anything yet, and I'm fully expecting the first thing I do hear from him to be: "Come in Implosion, your time is up"

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjNothing
That cant be right though, because god contradicts HIMSELF so many times in the bible. Any christian Ive ever heard talk about these things told me that 'god speaks to them in their heart'. Thats kind of poetic, and I can deal with that I guess.

And these contradictions are?

I've never heard God audibly, that doesn't mean He can't do it that way. I would say I hear Him as the Holy Spirit relates to my spirit.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Can anyone who has heard a god tell me why the information that the god imparts to you is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike?
Why doesn't god tell anyone how to grow better crops or how to detect earthquakes quicker, or how to do anything really? God seems only to say things like " I am here my child, everything will be OK" and B$ like that. Even during biblical times gods information to anyone was B$ and not really helpful or sometimes a complete lie. There is never any real impart of credible information - Doesn't anyone find that strange for OMNIgod?

G

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
shihulud, do you hold anything Sacred? What do you worship? Remember that humility is a virtue.

I am praying for you and May God Bless You!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Even during biblical times gods information to anyone was B$ and not really helpful or sometimes a complete lie. There is never any real impart of credible information -

My first question is have you read the Bible?

Here is one verse from the Bible, Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Meaning- if 2 people are in a verbal fight and one person stops, and doesn't continue to add to the argument, then the anger of the other person will begin to subside. If both sides each take their turns yelling back and forth the fight will continue and get bigger and will increase in the level of intensity.

Now if 2 people are in a fight in order for the fight to reverse itself, one of the people involved is going to have to let the other person have the last angry word. But that goes against our nature, we want to be the one getting in the last word. So that is going to require one person to swallow their pride and selfishness, that's hard to do.

Also maybe you decide that you do want the last word, but you also at the same time want the fight to stop and things to get better. So how do you accomplish this at the same time? By going to the other person and telling them that you no longer wish to fight with them and maybe it will mean apologizing,(a gentle answer) even if you weren't the instigator of the fight.

Once again that is going to require the swallowing of pride and selfishness to make your life and hopefully the other person's better. It will also mean forgiving the other person.

Now suppose you do all that you should to end the fight, and the other person still is being mean to you, once again you will have to be the bigger person and accept that fact, keep your mouth shut and move on.

All of that comes from one verse in the Bible, so don't tell me God doesn't have anything useful to say, of course He does. The question is do we want to hear what He is saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join