It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Travel IS Time Travel.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I have a little reflection to do on some of the posts supplied in this thread by some admirable ATS members. Thanks for provoking thought, and giving a serious effort to expain some of the variables about this subject, of which i am admitingly ignorant of. Math has never been my strong point, well at least since 6th grade.

I had a random thought (of which i have plenty) i thought i would include in this thread.

May thought was: I wonder if we are currently aware of how, and in how many ways, our consciousness and our speed of travel affect eachother. What i mean by this is i wonder how our observations and thought processes are effected by how we percieve time, and how much our velocity of travel (natural or otherwise) effects our perception of reality?

Not sure i have a plausible answer, but sometimes it just takes the right question to get the ball rolling....

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
In laymans terms, time seems to be a by-product of being stuck inside a gravity well. Once you are outside of the influence of gravity, time becomes elastic - therefore the original poster is correct - space travel IS time travel...

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeuronDivide
In laymans terms, time seems to be a by-product of being stuck inside a gravity well. Once you are outside of the influence of gravity, time becomes elastic - therefore the original poster is correct - space travel IS time travel...

Stated differently, but the first sentence introduces ideas i am familiar with, but would not have thought to word it as such.

Thanks NeuronDivide.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Esoteric

I know what you are trying to imply. However, you seem to forget that space travel is called SPACE/TIME travel. Scientists refer to space as Spacetime now. Space was the old word.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
Esoteric

I know what you are trying to imply. However, you seem to forget that space travel is called SPACE/TIME travel. Scientists refer to space as Spacetime now. Space was the old word.

I beg to differ. When Scientists talk they still refer to it as "space" most of the time i hear them, althought they have been saying the same for decades now, i know.

But, science evolves, i know.

Yesterday my solar system was far different, today we are 1 planet less.

Democracy at it's best, they took a vote and deleted 1/9 of the solar system's planets.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The concept that is being presented is the notion that motion and change are a result of "time"(ARE and IS time). ANY variable of travel is a voyage of time. Space is not limited to "OUTER SPACE". A car is a time traveler, humans are time travelers... these are concepts that we must come to accept if we wish to boost our consciousness forward in a direction of eudemonia for the entirety of humanity. It is a duality of life and the universe, as all things are. Space travel is time travel, and time travel is space travel. Any travel is time travel, every movement is time travel: Time does not stop, movement does not stop. Movement is time, time is movement. Hope that clears things up

[edit on 26-8-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgoodpasture
The concept that is being presented is the notion that motion and change are a result of "time"(ARE and IS time). ANY variable of travel is a voyage of time. Space is not limited to "OUTER SPACE". A car is a time traveler, humans are time travelers... these are concepts that we must come to accept if we wish to boost our consciousness forward in a direction of eudemonia for the entirety of humanity. It is a duality of life and the universe, as all things are. Space travel is time travel, and time travel is space travel. Any travel is time travel, every movement is time travel: Time does not stop, movement does not stop. Movement is time, time is movement. Hope that clears things up

[edit on 26-8-2006 by dgoodpasture]

Very well said. We must remember how airforce and navy pilots age slower than others. High mach speeds decrease their aging. We grow old because of the gravitational pull on earth, not time. Time does not make us old....gravity does.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If we were to travel at the speed of light it is said that we are time traveling,
but light speed is not the way forward, just look in this link and see for yourself.

www.indiadaily.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hey there.
First, let me say that there are about 11 levels of dimensions higher than ours. In other dimensions, light travels at differant speeds. From my understanding, these aliens rather be called star visitors or star people. They have advanced technology that sends their starships (UFOs) to differant dimensions.
Physics are very differant in other dimensions. I know that these higher dimesions are still in our same space. These star people can still see us and react to us from their demension. Many of them have 2 brains working together with a crystal in the middle of them. The greys are like that. Also, the greys have pupils like us but need to wear dark protective film (like shades) over their eyes because they are sensitive to light. There was one of the most famous crop circles that displayed a grey's face and an encrypted message. The face showed what their eyes really looks like.
There is a great scientist that worked on time travel and dimensional travel. He published one of the most informative books ever, Rays of Truth-Crystals of Light. That book describes the time travel, dimension travel, and star ship technology.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Many of them have 2 brains working together with a crystal in the middle of them.

lol. Why just 2 brains??

What science fiction novel did you get this information from?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah, I think you are all making good points. I guess "space travel is time travel" is really the key to understanding "space-time" in our every day lives.

I just live for the abstract, I guess, and I wonder about beings out there that might one day discover that "time travel is space travel." So I try to think in terms of 'space-time" is "space-time." But it would be disngeneous to say that my senses perceived things that way. Time has an imaginary number component in it relative to the other components of the space-time metric. So the transformations of relativity are more complex than they could have been, had our perceptions of time just been an extra dimension of space. Its crazy stuff, literatlly, as it defies all of our intuitions to the core.

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
I have a little reflection to do on some of the posts supplied in this thread by some admirable ATS members. Thanks for provoking thought, and giving a serious effort to expain some of the variables about this subject, of which i am admitingly ignorant of. Math has never been my strong point, well at least since 6th grade.

Well, don't let that stop you. You made an excellent point to start this thread and got all of us math nerds all excited!

I had a random thought (of which i have plenty) i thought i would include in this thread.

May thought was: I wonder if we are currently aware of how, and in how many ways, our consciousness and our speed of travel affect eachother. What i mean by this is i wonder how our observations and thought processes are effected by how we percieve time, and how much our velocity of travel (natural or otherwise) effects our perception of reality?

That's an excellent question. One I wonder about as well after participating in this thread. I can say from a 'mathematical' perspective that in our every day lives, relative to each other, the factors are so negligible that they don't add up to enough to effect us, even if we are jet fighter pilots. (The accumulated clock skew they would achieve in a lifetime would be a few microseconds of extra 'life'.)

But that isn't to say that our relationship to the larger universe isn't heavily dependent. I mean, our star, Sol, travels around the milky way at large speed. Other stars move relative to us at great speed. We oscillate up and down through the galactic plane, like a merry-go-round, as we circle the galaxy. Our galaxy is moving away from most others due to spatial expansion. There are so many frames of reference separate from ours for which we are just learning to observe and test our theories of how we relate.

But more abstractly, from the materialist point of view, nothing we see or feel is in the present. It is always in the past by the time we see or feel it. So what is the present? Where is it?

From an experiential point of view, the universe of sensations can be abstracted to a model of a 'physical universe' in which we learn things about its past in a sequence.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

Many of them have 2 brains working together with a crystal in the middle of them.

lol. Why just 2 brains??

What science fiction novel did you get this information from?

Your uninvestigative reaction with laughter shows that YOU could be the non-serious one that when looking for creditable information, stops at science fiction novels.

Here is just one source of the multitude of credible information out there for people to find:

www.think-aboutit.com...

I will also list part of the article that answers your question right here:

The Greys

Greys apparently subsist on human blood and other biological substances which they absorb, while they soak in large vats (Harley Byrd, the relative of the late Admiral Byrd, once said, that the greys eat bob-cat stew, that is, a mixture of everything that you would expect an animal called a bob-cat, would eat. They don't exactly eat it but put it on their skin and absorb it.) These somewhat reptilian-like greys also have some plant characteristics. They do digest some sort of food which is converted into energy by their bodies by a process that is similar to the process of photosynthesis used by earth plants. The autopsied Greys had chlorophyll in their bodies for this plant-like function. Their blood is greenish. Autopsies of their large brains have revealed that they actually have two separate brains, separated by a thin bone. There is no physical connection between the "two brains." Some of the autopsies have revealed a crystalline network in their brains which is thought to give them telepathic capabilities.

Most of the Greys on earth (in underground dwellings) are believed to be from, or have ancestors from one of the planets of the Orion constellation of Stars. They are called Grey because of their grey or sometimes called gray skin.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
For anyone that is interested, I have included a link to a non-mathematical discourse on the relationship between Einstein's relativity, and the "spooky" (as Enistein refered to it), action-at-a distance found in quantum mechanics.

Causality

I thought this read well, although I can't vouch for the details.

Anyways, in a nut shell: Quantum mechanics and Relativity have intersting contradictions. This is a deep philosophical issue in physics with or without an instantaneous force as suggested by Lear, as quantum entanglement amounts to the same kind of thing: This is the property that you can have two particles light years apart such that when one is measured, the other must measure the same way at the same time. That means the result of the measurement 'travels faster than light', in effect, instantaneously everywhere Yet relativity says two things can only be related by forces that travel at most at the speed of light.

How do we resolve this apparent contradiction?

Well, it appears that entanglement doesnt hold under relativity. That is, the extent to which the result of measuring the two particles correlate depeds on your velocity relative to the particles:

Relative Quantum Entanglement

What does that say about causality? At one velocity, two particles will appear to be linked across light years of distance. At another velocity, they seem to be independent. This one is enough to twist my brain in a knot, Esoteric Teacher.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

Well, it appears that entanglement doesnt hold under relativity. That is, the extent to which the result of measuring the two particles correlate depends on your velocity relative to the particles:

Relative Quantum Entanglement

What does that say about causality? At one velocity, two particles will appear to be linked across light years of distance. At another velocity, they seem to be independent. This one is enough to twist my brain in a knot, Esoteric Teacher.

I'm still contemplating the reading material. I'm familiar with the above findings. Very interesting indeed.

So, does this mean that we are interconnected with everything, or not? Does this depend upon our velocity? It raises alot of questions, but seems to ellude to the findings that we a consciousnesses, do have an effect upon matter itself, if indeed we are one in the same.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Lol, I've seen that song in many places. It must really rile some people the wrong way, especially the ones who don't get the point.

I had not realized that there were experiments contradicting the idea that wave-particle duality is explained by the uncertainty principle.

Wavicles it is, then, for me.

I think what is most important is that people realize just how amazingly interesting the problems of modern physics are concerning the nature of 'reality', even those that have nothing to do with aliens or the like. There's plenty of mystery in the world.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join