It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Survivor' Series Divides Groups by Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
With everybody claiming racism for every imaginable reason, here is a show that is flaunting it. The new season of "Survivor" is going to divide the "tribes" by ethnicity/race.

They say they deciced to do this because they had recieved criticism that the show "wasn't enthnically diverse enough." I don't think the people who had criticized the show actually had this in mind.

And they say the new show is ""a social experiment. And this is adding another layer to that experiment." (Well, I'm sure this will be "adding" one interesting chapter to this series.)

New 'Survivor' Series Divides Groups by Race

LOS ANGELES - Get ready for a segregated "Survivor." Race will matter on the upcoming season of the CBS show as contestants will be divided into four tribes by ethnicity. That means blacks, whites, Latinos and Asians in separate groups.

Unbelievable!! Can't wait to see the fireworks!

(Could this be called "racial profiling"?)

[edit on 23/8/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Does antbody think this might stir up a hornets nest(?), or do you think people won't have a problem with the 'Survivor' series doing this.

[edit on 24/8/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
Does antbody think this might stir up a hornets nest(?), or do you think people won't have a problem with the 'Survivor' series doing this.

Found another Link on this story:

2nd Source

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hey Survivor can do all the gimmicks it wants. Its not going to get me watch it. Survivor stoppe being good years ago

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I watched the show last night and I enjoyed it.

The race thing is pretty irrelevant over all. What I like about is that it makes the show more diverse. Usually the show is all Caucasian aside from a couple people. So far there is only one contestant that is being “dumb” about the racial thing. One older Asian guy called Cowboy is keeping his tribe up with “Korean jokes.”

Really the game isn’t going to treat racism well. Just like past shows, castaways become judges on who of the final two will win the game. Also, the tribe that loses the immunity challenge gets to send one member of one of the immune tribes to be sent to exile island for two nights.

Last night the Manihiki Tribe (Made up of African Americans) was the first tribe to go to tribal council. They voted off Sekou Bunch, likely because he wasn’t able to keep up with the tribe on getting their camp set up. Two of the girls on the Manihiki Tribe (Rebecca Borman and Sundra Oakley) have bonded and could make it far in the game if they don’t get split up.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
eye h8 tv.

and reality shows even more.

Survivor Man could pwn all the tribes alones imo

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I liked the show. I heard there were a lot of people complaining about the race thing, but I guess I don't see what the big deal is. The fact is there are different races. It's not like they're ripping on any one race in particular. I think people are just too PC these days. It's almost as if some are ashamed of their race or something. I say embrace it, don't deny it!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I couldn't care less that they seperated them into racial groups- SO WHAT it's a game show. It's not like they were denied a job or a mortgage based on their race.

Ummm I don't know maybe lighten up a little with this PC crap.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't watch reality TV. Well ... except for Ghost Hunters.

This latest stunt is STUPID. And frankly, I think they are jumping the shark with this one.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Finally is tonight

top topics

join