It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there always be a War on Terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
No to be pessimistic, but I believe there will always be. Life is frequently a conflict between Good and Evil, pitting group versus group. It is not just among groups, as individuals commit their own microterrorism when they commit crimes. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In my opinion, It's not really a war on Terrorism. It's a war on Islam and Muslims in general.

This is a continuation of the crusades by those who feel compelled to complete what they believe to be Gods Holy war.

Probably both sides feel the same compulsion to destroy the other in the name of their God.

It's Armageddon in slow motion.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't believe it is a war on Muslims. The USA has a firm Constitutional Law that grants freedom of religion and that the USA believes in the freedom of religion worldwide. To you, what percentage of nations grant the freedom of religion?

By the way, I believe the freedom of religion is one of the greatest gifts that the Founding Fathers granted us.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The United States of America, like all other nations throughout history, will one day cease to exist. So no, the War on Terror will not last forever.

Depending on the economic and political situation of the USA over time, perhaps even before it falls apart.

Though I believe as long as the USA's military industrial complex finds the War on Terror profitable, it will continue.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
The United States of America, like all other nations throughout history, will one day cease to exist. So no, the War on Terror will not last forever.

Is this based on Biblical, evolutionistic, or your own beliefs?

Depending on the economic and political situation of the USA over time, perhaps even before it falls apart.

Do you believe all nations implode internally or explode from external forces when they demise? My belief is that the USA can live forever, if it is in God's Will.

Though I believe as long as the USA's military industrial complex finds the War on Terror profitable, it will continue.

If the military industrial complex's goal was to truly profit, could it not find a more efficient way to profit. To me, a relatively small War on Terrorism would be only a few drops in the bucket.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
And hasn't that water level in your bucket been rising? It's a gradual process.

Anyhow, I can't be bothered to write more to someone who beleives the USA is God's chosen country.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
SteveR, do you think that "God's Chosen Country" has changed over time? If so, in which language? If you believe the USA has been God's chosen country at times, during which time periods?

By the way, according to the subtitle beneath you username, for which country are you an Illuminati Agent for? Does this country support the USA or not?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
SteveR, do you think that "God's Chosen Country" has changed over time?

I don't think anything above humanity cares about nation states. God is open to every individual worldwide. You know I speak true.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The war on terrorism will end the day that America no longer needs oil.

Thats basically what it comes down too.

The war has only been done in areas which are either strategic oil/gas supply routes or contain large quantities of oil/gas themselves.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
will the wot ever end? of course it will. it will, but not because the us govt will find a peaceful solution. the war on terror will end when the "evolution" takes hold. it seems the balls are rolling for the change of the guard, I just hope its in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
The war on terrorism will end the day that America no longer needs oil.

Thats basically what it comes down too.

The war has only been done in areas which are either strategic oil/gas supply routes or contain large quantities of oil/gas themselves.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by iqonx]

Why do you plant it in Americas lap. Most countries in the world get their oil from the middle east.
The war on terror has nothing to do with oil and everything to do with the Islamists wanting to rule the world. They don't like the western culture and that includes you in England.
Oil only feeds the money they need to put their terror around the world.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
No to be pessimistic, but I believe there will always be. Life is frequently a conflict between Good and Evil, pitting group versus group. It is not just among groups, as individuals commit their own microterrorism when they commit crimes. What do you think?

As long as it doesn't escalate to a state of large groups, it's nothing more than what has happened since Feudal times when castles were infiltrated (you know, let down the draw bridge). It's just that today, weapons with a lot of destructive impact are easy to obtain, make.

Personally, I feel there needs to be branches that "quitely" deal with these things, as opposed to a melodrama that gets harped with a bunch of supposedly entertaining advertisements.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The trouble is that a slick soundbite has now come into common usage and everyone is now at risk of tying themselves in knots whilst trying to define it. In fact, I think the phrase had already been quoted with regard to the British struggle against the Zionist terrorist groups such as the Irgun and the Lehi in Palestine long before Bush latched on to it.

The real difference now is that the terrorism now has a genuinely global reach and so what used to be localised conflicts such as The British fights against the Zionists and the IRA or conflicts in Africa between apartheid states and the ANC, ZANU etc. and Spain against ETA are being are being overtaken by global movements against doctrines and religion rather than simple demands for self rule.

Terrorism, no matter how you define it, has existed for centuries and there is no reason to believe that it will cease any time soon, it has simply evolved in its nature and so have the measures taken to counter its impact.

The "war", in whatever form it takes, will continue alongside it for the foreseeable future I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Several others have been mentioned, but the group that jumps to mind when I think of terrorists past is marauders.

Tactics include: hit and run, pilage, decapitalize, try and destroy trade.

BTW, this scenario was eliminated by adjoining forces against and eliminating, if memory serves.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by bothered]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
this present campaign, called War on terror could have a rather long shelf life.

Just like the US subdued all the indigenous nations compromising the 50 states...
the campaign to conquer the middle east Arabs, Persians, Semites, Kurds, etc
is underway
...and people resisting the WesternEmpire will all be labeled 'Terrorists'

the current WOT is just in the beginning stages of defining itself, and the enemy.

"AIPAC's goal, it seems to me, is to demonstrate that Israel's campaign in Lebanon is targeting an international, globally linked terrorist alliance that threatens not only the Jewish state, but the West in general. By this logic, any military action Israel decides is incontestably necessary"

source: www.harpers.org...

there's also the Taliban in Afghanistan, and the insurgents in Iraq

then there's others, some current, some defunct: al Jihad, al Qaeda, Abu Nidal, ETA, Fatah, Hamas, Hezbollah, IRA, PFLP, PPSF, PKK, Red Brigades...
(the above external-link lists a bunch of terror orgs/party's/groups)

defunct or having since renounced violence include:

Japanese Red Army
Baader-Meinhof, Red Army Faction
Symbionese Liberation Army
(www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/groups/a/alqaeda/devil_walker.htm)

)()()()()()()(

it's a never ending story, with high drama [[like in WWI, WWII, 9/11...]]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The war will continue as long as the US expands it's (super) power.

The US seeks global power hence the war is global.

The labels: terror, islamists, freedom, democracy, etc are used only to fix the idea of a 'just' war in people's minds therewith the people will accept and support the war, despite the terror and destruction of human beings.

Islam is a threat because it has significant power in the world. Islam, and other religions seek to expand their power through conversion of people. However, Islam is confronted by an empire seeking its submission, thus Islam has to respond. Hence jihad.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by adam_weishaupt

The war will continue as long as the US expands it's (super) power.

You appear to identify the war in terms of the USA against Islam only. This is extremely simplistic even if it is the principle focus of activity today.

What happens if anti globalisation/ant capitlist protest groups become more organised and start direct action? In the UK we see regular if relatively low key violent action by animal rights groups, then there's the more radical wing of the environmental lobby and that's before you start looking at political groupings.

How long do you think it will be before we see seperatist movements in parts of China? -- and I haven't even considered white supremacist movements yet.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If other groups seek or acquire more power then war will be declared on them.
However, Ilsam happens to have the greater power at present.

If this is simplistic then what complicates the idea of empire seeking power?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by adam_weishaupt
If other groups seek or acquire more power then war will be declared on them.
However, Ilsam happens to have the greater power at present.

If this is simplistic then what complicates the idea of empire seeking power?

1. Is war the only reply to someone who seeks power?
2. I fear you are at risk of confusing Islam in general with militant Islamic terrorists
3. The complications of seeking power are those who already hold it and the number of those that desire it.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
War is not the only reply to those that seek power, however, want it or not, if power is sought by force then war it is.

Islam in general expects its' devotees to defend Islam if threatened. There are of course a number of ways to acheive this depending on the nature of the threat. Militancy is sometimes the chosen expression of defence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join