It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran planning nuclear "surprise"? (link)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

"A senior official in Teheran said Wednesday that in the next few days, a "surprise" was expected regarding Iran's nuclear program, Al-Jazeera reported."

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What can I say

I am stupefied

Specialy when the link and the news comes from a site call The Jerusalem Post.

I guess now even Israel knows how to help keep the American people afraid specialy went we are nothing that a big milking cow for them.

Stop the propaganda.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yeah but AlJazeera reported it....i guess if had used that link it would have oh SO much more credibility.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
it probably has something to do with the heavy water reactors?? who knows!? im through with this iran business. whatever happens happens.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I recently watched a interview on 60 mintues (Australian) and some Israeli representative stood there and lied through his teeth about how Israel does not have nuclear program dimona. But yeah lets all purchase useless goods to protect us from a nuclear from Iran.

TG

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think that this "surprise" just means they're going to suspend uranium enrichment.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That would be their wisest move for sure....for the short term. Despite all the tough talk from Amdvfweahjad, in the end, their poor country would just be pounded on...think Beruit times 100,000. They dont want to have to rebuild their infrastructure on top of dealing with their nuclear facilities having been destroyed. This is a stalling game and nothing else.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It is not surprising that even Iran would test nuke in next few days. I have already warned that this time US is too late to do action.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think we should bring some troops home to protect our borders and open some old bases to ramp up our own security and prepare for a world war. And we need to take out that crazy Kim gone ill, he is hell bent on causing problems..

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I wouldn't be too surprised if they use nukes once(if) they are capable.

From their rhetoric of "end of times" themes i don't think i would be terribly suprised.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's really unlikely that any country that decides to use nukes would have the oppotunity to use nukes MORE than once. Test them, yes. But any country that uses a nuke in an offensive capacity is sure to face retaliation (and international condemnation of the most severe kind) from any number of sources. It would be a very, very bad move.

Take Iran for example. Ahmadinejad has made all sorts of threats against Israel as he races to develop nuclear technology. Israel has made it clear, as has the US, that any WMD attack on Iran's part would be met with a response-in-kind. Despite what the media tells you, can you imagine the backlash from the Iranian population if their government did nuke Israel knowing that their country was about to be turned to glass?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well its all over the major news networks this morning. President Armbaejdjad gave a speech this morning inaugurating their heavy water reactor thus revealing they are pursuing nuclear technology on two fronts: enriching uranium and now having plutonium as a by product from their heavy water reactor.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by devolution
it probably has something to do with the heavy water reactors?? who knows!? im through with this iran business. whatever happens happens.

You were right.

I think they are just doing what some of the larger countries are doing, and thats setting themselves up to be suppliers for all the new nuclear plants that are going to be coming online in the coming years. The majority of them will need heavy water to start them and will need enriched uranium to run them with. I think its just that they are positioning themselves to prepare for that. Anyone following Uranium on the commodities market knows it just keeps rising. Its going to be just like Fossil Fuel in the future and everyone will need it. They know Fossil fuel won't last forever and if they rely only on that market they will be broke in 50 years or so when the oil finally dries up or if some new synthetic fuel is introduced. I think its obvious.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yeah they are just in it for the economic factor!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Yeah they are just in it for the economic factor!!!!

Yeah just like Israel is a responsible country that should be in posession of Nukes..UHUH. They just haven't had the chance to use them yet, but they will.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Israel has had plenty of chances to use them. Where have you been? You are right, they will use them. That i have no doubt of. Their doctrine dicates that they can use nukes whenever they feel their existence as a nation is threatened. They could have used them in 1973 for sure. In 1991 they received international kudos for showing restraint against Saddam when they went on full scare nuclear alert for 3 weeks after being hit by scuds. They have had oportunities, but they have been responsible and not used them thus far.

What has the Iranian leadership done to show how responsible of a regime they are?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

What has the Iranian leadership done to show how responsible of a regime they are?

They have not attack Israel yet. Because is not reason for it.

What Israel has done . . . lately. . . they attacked Lebanon . . . and it wasn't even a nuclear threat.

Yes we can pretty much see who shows restrain and who doesn't.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Israel knows how to help keep the American people afraid...
Stop the propaganda.

thats only way for Israel to get good supply of arms.

Conspiracy: Hezbollah Distraction

What is more likey to happen is that Israeli secret service Mossad will carry out a terror attack on US or European soil, and naturally the muslims will be shown to be behind it once again, just as in 9/11.

Why would Israel carry out such a thing?

To distract all the world from it defeat at the hands of Hezbollah, ofcourse.

some conspiracy masters at the bamboo grove are saying that Israel is likey to do something to distract world's attention from its humiliation in Lebanon - a bunch of arabs fighters have managed to severly beat one the most ruthless and efficient army in the middle east.

At the moment whole world is laughing at the "mighty" Israeli army.

It must do something to get people's attention away from this humiliation.

Hezbollah could be somehow blamed in order to get all of the western nations to gang up on Hezbollah and finish off what Israel was unable to do.

Any major attack on 9/11 scale would in every way work in Israel's favor.

The British plane plot to blow up 9 airliners was discovered on August 11 - thats just one days before Israel was forced to concede defeat at the UN. The whole world became fixed on this "alleged" plot by "extremists" to simultaneously blow up 9 planes. Arab world and millions of people were celebrating Hezbollah victory over Israel. No one in US even knew how significant this defeat of Israel was.

Israel is defeated in Lebanon. The news is too humiliating. Wait for a major distraction.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy

Originally posted by marg6043
Israel knows how to help keep the American people afraid...
Stop the propaganda.

thats only way for Israel to get good supply of arms.

Not only that, but with Muslim people in the USA and abroad not having such a hot rep right now in the American publics eyes , courtesy of Israel in her propaganda war, Israel is pretty much free to kill , maim and injur without discretion any and all Palestinians who may exhibit any type of protest against the israeli takeover of their lands. Notice every day they are killing and injuring more and more civilians and not even one question of liability is being thrown in Israels direction. They merely slap a label of Militant on anyone that is killed and its no questions asked. The words of Netanyahoo ring true in regards to 9/11 "This is very good for Israel"

Pie

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The problem is that Israel Will attack Iran nuclear capabilities even if they have them or not.

Why, because the agenda in the middle east is not over . . . the desire to have Syria and Iran involve in Lebanon didn't work . . . Israel found itself alone in the fight with no US intervention.

But Iran is the next target, US can not possibly do the attack because the fiasco in Iran and because it will more degrade the public opinion in the middle east and with European countries.

But as soon as Iran defend themselves against the aggression as any sovereign nation would do, US will step in to finish the work in the pretenses of defending Israel.

Sad but I can see it coming.

The sad part is . . . that people will applaud the deed and forget that the aggression came from somewhere else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join