It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Names in Comics Come Together to Aid Israeli Children.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Top names in Sci-fi and Comics are coming together under a new project called BALM IN GILEAD.
American-Israeli Publisher, Mahrwood Press Ltd. has announced this special project to aid children suffering from the situation in northern Israel.

www.comicbookresources.com

BALM IN GILEAD will be a prestige anthology featuring the top names in comics and genre literature. All proceeds go directly toward feeding, clothing and housing children via the Levuneshama (Heart and Soul) Organization in Tzvat, Israel ( www.levuneshama.org... ).

BALM IN GILEAD combines the efforts of Neal Adams, Jon Bogdanove, Dave Cockrum, Jack Dann, Peter David, Colleen Doran, David Gerrold, Harvey Jacobs, Jeffrey Jones, Michael William Kaluta (cover), Joe Kubert, Stan Lee, William Messner-Loebs, Robin Riggs, Joe Rubinstein, Robert Silverberg, Len Wein and Marv Wolfman. Additional creators will be announced in weeks to come. The anthology will be edited by Clifford Meth.

“We are pleased and proud that some of the most respected people in comics and literature have stepped forward to join this project,” stated Eric Mahr, Publisher and President of Mahrwood Press. “ Balm in Gilead will provide desperately needed help to children in northern Israel and the book itself will be something that Jews, Muslims, Christians will enjoy.”

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Will the comics have super heroe basis and will it only ignite more hope of a saviour in that part of the world, the Jews and Christians are waiting for God there an the anti-Christ is supposed to adopt this Saviour image to decieve the people.
Just wondering, it may not mean this its just one angle, but do agree they do need cheering up.

UMBREX:
Is that Ironfist in your Avatar? I got my Ironfist comic signed by the actor who wants to play his part, the one from StarWars and Toad from X-men, forgot his name. Thought id mention it anyway. Oh thats it RAY PARK I remember now.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by The time lord]

new topics

join