It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a theory that can use some light...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
what if...

there ware two governments simultaneously existing side by side?...

the first is one of followers, people who follow orders and are given no freedom...

the second is the one of liberty, people who have a choice to choose what direction their life path leads...

all existing side by side but not, does this sound highly ficticous, any questions, comments, or concerns?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think you are describing the rudiments of an economic class system or a caste system, which undoubtedly exists even in supposedly egalitarian societies.

Government intervention is not required, oppression, subjugation and suppression happen on autopilot.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Is that what happened with U.S. and U.S.S.R during the Cold War. Totally parallel governments.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
no surfup he means two governments for 1 country, one fer the stupid asses who'll do whatever is dictated to them, and the other fer people who are fre and make their own choices, it's kidna like it is now with the frtune 500 type people and the rest of the people, and it's been like that fer quite some time, hmm i'm thinking as far back as ancient egypt, it's the way # is unless ur buddhist or sumtin like that

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ok.
I would think that the country would soon be taken into a civil war or revolutions.
Sorry for the misconception.
That country would be impossible to control unless the leaders of the two government are in good terms, which can never happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
the best way to be appreciated by those who serve is to serve those who serve themselves...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
the best way to be appreciated by those who serve is to serve those who serve themselves...

I will just pretend I understood that.
Either you have read many philosophical books or you didn't get enough ART.
"More art the kids get the better"

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sounds like what exists, you know the poor working and paying the bills, bound to follow orders by their need to eat and by doing this they foot the bill for the elite, the rich bastards who feed off of the poor mans work and yell vote for me on voting day, yep sounds like home sweet home to me.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
two presidents...
two different bodies...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The ones who are free are free to control those who aren't, and for those who are controlled to be controlled then at least some of those that are free have chosen to control them.
The question is, did the controlled give up their free will, or did they had it taken from them? What is to stop people from either side crossing to the other?
The free could just give up their freedom, but could the oppressed regain it?
And are the oppressed truly oppressed if they chose to give up their freedom for a more orderly lifestyle?
And are the controllers truly free seeing as how they rely on the oppressed to stay in control?

[Edited on 3-11-2003 by �any]

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Dany,

good questions indeed.

I think all that matters is that you should be able to get out when you want to. Otherwise the 'game' is really unfair.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
yes, it is very difficult to "get" out seeing as how natural resources are natural but require money to use...
and those that dont require it are not really that natural anymore...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I find it really annoying that someone has decided for me to make me ignorant of bigsage's posts.
Really, really annoying.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by �any
I find it really annoying that someone has decided for me to make me ignorant of bigsage's posts.
Really, really annoying.

Bigsage was "hijacking threads" He was warned once, but didn't listen. His fault, not the Mods.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
so a bit of disinformation is in play...

i wonder why?...

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by bigsage]

new topics

top topics

join