It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

buddha & swastika??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
right this is gona snd weird but yeers ago I found a "medal" type thing that had what looked like a Buddha monk on one side and a Swastika on the other has any1 heard of any association with this ?? at first i thought it was to do with "devil worshipers", I was about 11 maybe younger when I found it I remember my mum seeing it and asking whats that? I didnt know and neither did she.

anyone got a clue??

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The swastika is a sacred symbol in Hinduism and Jainism. The Hindu version is often decorated with a dot in each quadrant.

However, in the Western world, it is most widely known and used as a symbol of Nazism. It is traditionally oriented so that a main line is horizontal, though it is occasionally rotated at forty-five degrees.
Buddhism was founded by a Hindu Prince and has thus inherited the swastika.
Source

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's an ancient Buddhist symbol, generally meaning prosperity and good luck.

A reversed swatstika, called a sawastika generally stands for night or magical practices, while a standard swastika is more of a solar symbol.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The swastika is an ancient symbol used by many cultures including Hinduism and Buddhism. It has nothing to do with devil worship and is a symbol corrupted by the Nazi's when they turned it on it's side and adopted it as their own.

You will still find the original swastika on many Hindu and Buddhist temples.

en.wikipedia.org...

history1900s.about.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
kool guyz that solves it this threads closed

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Here's some interesting info:

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

More:

Revolution of the Dialectic

CHAPTER VI

A BET WITH THE DEVIL

Napoleon would have succumbed against the Devil. One thing is to be in the battlefield against other males and another is the fight against oneself. Satan is a golden enemy, and he is very useful. The Devil is a ladder to descend and it is also a ladder to ascend. The Twelve Labors of Hercules are with the Devil. The pact with the Devil is the bet itself and the triumph is the capacity of fabricating gold. The electric force is the cross in movement or the swastika; it is continuous movement. The transcendent electricity which turns like a vortex has served me to form the Gnostic Movement. The cross in the profane and the profaners is not a swastika because once the chemical copulation ends, the movement ends. On the other hand, in the Gnostic cross, the movement does not end because the electricity continues transmuting itself. The norm in the sexual work should be a minimum of one hour. In India, the degree of culture is measured according to the time that the chemical copulation is carried out; the one who lasts three hours is respected and is a “lord”. The swastika in movement generates transcendent sexual electricity.

Hitler understood these things. This is why he chose the swastika as the symbol of his Party. However, Hitler let himself be dazzled by the "Man with green gloves" who belonged to the Dag Dugpa Clan. This man was the one who taught Hitler to crystallize everything negatively. When Von Litz capitulated, the monks in Lhasa of the Dag Dugpas launched themselves to the streets celebrating the capitulation of Berlin. The Second World War was a duel between the teachings of Gurdjieff and that of the Dag Dugpas. This duel was imported from Tibet and it was a true struggle between the white and black magicians of Tibet.

For more on this see the following thread:

Buddhism, FreeMasonry and Gnosis

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Leave it to Tamahu to provide a wealth of information as usual, we would all be far more ignorant without his/her contributions

It should also be noted that the norse used a similar symbol in many of their spiritual practices, the symbol being (if i remember correctly) a solar disk of sorts. and i have known a few occult practitioners of the norse traditions that belive that it was norse occultists in northern europe that gave this symbol under protest to himler, who passed it on to hitler to be used as a rallying symbol which would give him the occult energy he needed to conquer the world

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Native Americans (i believe) use the Swastika too.

The swastika is an archetypal, universal human religious symbol. It appears on every continent and is as old as humankind. A marker of the sun's travels, it can be seen on Pictish rock carvings, adorning ancient Greek pottery, and on ancient Norse weapons and implements. It was scratched on cave walls in France seven thousand years ago. A swastika marks the beginning of many Buddhist scriptures, and is often inciused on the soles of the feet of the Buddha in statuary. In the Jain religion, it is a symbol of the seventh Jina (Saint), the Tirthankara Suparsva. To Native Americans, the swastika is a symbol of the sun, the four directions, and the four seasons.

altreligion.about.com...

it has also been used in advertisement too. Coca Cola is an example of a company that used the Swastika as a logo during the 1920s

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hi

I didn't know where to post my question, so I did post it here. I was wondering what it means this pendant or something. I have image. I found it on my grass in front of house. I need your help.

1)
2)

Thank you, and have wonderfull 2012!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
The swastika is an ancient symbol used by many cultures including Hinduism and Buddhism. It has nothing to do with devil worship and is a symbol corrupted by the Nazi's when they turned it on it's side and adopted it as their own.

It's like a lot of ancient symbols. They get used by a group in modern times and most people believe that symbol represents that group. The eagle on the great seal of the United States is no different.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sroks

I didn't know where to post my question, so I did post it here. I was wondering what it means this pendant or something. I have image. I found it on my grass in front of house. I need your help.

It's a piece of costume jewelry, designed by a Westerner to look like it comes from the Mysterious Orient. If you have any friend who is a Goth or a belly dancer, I suggest you ask them if it's theirs.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
We learnt about it in History, it was first associated with the Buddha's representing the circle of life or something

new topics

top topics

join