It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a genius request

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i wanna post this here because i want to know what ppl of ats will think of my genius idea. here goes.

a BET FUNTION that allows members to bet an amount of points on anything. who ever wins then has the power to transfer points from looser to winner.

i thought maybe smoething like this would be a good way to get points up if your good at it.

good idea eh?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well I bet this idea is not going to fly,

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think its been brought up before...

Nope. I dont think so.

TG

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sounds like a great idea!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So what you are basically suggesting is that in order to become more organized, we should add a new feature that turns this serious website into a game?

I'm sorry, but no. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A bet on what exactly?

I can just image it now, the next new date in which we are all going to die, hell i'll bet no, IF I lose, well who cares!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Point transfer schemes have been brought up before and always been denied, I think the fear of just a lot of people begging others for points was one of the main reasons.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'd have to disagree as well.

I applaud your creativity and willingness to throw out ideas, annoys me when a member attempts to throw out an idea and is cussed out for it. Agree or Disagree, but do it in a respectable manner.

Points are a small part of ATS, they are only valuable in the ATS Store.

Alot of newer members put alot of emphasis on the Points and believe this is how the members are ranked. Ranking members is not something anyone should try to do, but normally the redness of a members bar indicates the strength of their posting.

When ATS Points were awarded for tags, members with 10 posts could have thousands of points.

If Points are what your looking for though, I would recommend attempting to post some good work on Politics@AboveTopSecret. If you recieve an Applause on PTS, you are rewarded 1500 Points.

Maybe attempt a Podcast, I believe it is 2500 Points for 1 podcast.

Once you earn the point though, it is yours to keep. (Unless you misbehave)

IMO a betting system is something ATS should avoid.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I've often wanted to donate points to a member, but really the token economy is designed to encourage quality content, not encourage cyber-vice or point redistribution.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't know because people know about me anyways. Exactly how many people is on ATS again? It's crazy of course because the points have nothing on an actually great post to which I have come to not disappoint. But seriously though, we need an ATS Messenger or Browser because I love that awesome brand.

new topics

top topics

join