It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Vatican hiding

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
In the "what is the most powerful group" thread I made the comment that I think the Vatican is one of them.

We all know that they have a huge underground bunker with miles of shelving holding one of a kind books and documents.

Will any of these see the light of day again?

Why don't they share what is in some of them?

Can it be something that debunks the churches message?

I'm very interested in finding out some answers and what you guys think about this.

Cory

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Lets see...why doesnt the vatican share.

The problem is pretty simple actually.
Lest we forget, all the secret documents are not in English...they are in Latin, Hebrew, and in some obscure language that you and I will never know.

I could win a trip to the vatican secret vault...but wouldnt know what the heck I was looking at when in there. I would have to take a scholar.

Now scholars are allowed in the secret vaults...but to transcribe books, etc.

The knowledge is hidden in public view...we cant understand what it says, Im sure they get a kick out of it!

Peace

Dalen

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think they are the most decietful bunch in the world.
The proof that everyone should look at is how many pope's were poisoned- assaniated-killed whatever you want to call it.

It's on big backwards decieptful organization of world power.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
they are reputed to have many writings of leanardo da vinci hidden away as well as documents linking them to the nazi's in ww2

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
they are reputed to have many writings of leanardo da vinci hidden away as well as documents linking them to the nazi's in ww2

why hide it...those that are interested speak english and wouldnt understand it if they wrapped it up with a ribbon and handed it to you for Christmas.

Trust me, I would love to go through the vaults...but until everything is digitized and translated to English...Im up a creek without a paddle.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
wasn't da vinci branded a heratic or something in his lifetime? i believe some of his works may have disproved some of the preachings of the church hence they were buried within the vaults

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So do any of you think that they have anything there that might dispell any of the story of Jesus or any of the bible?

I do.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
So do any of you think that they have anything there that might dispell any of the story of Jesus or any of the bible?

I do.

Well, time to learn some latin, and get permission as a scholar to dig around...you can get it.

Peace

dalen

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, I don't think the Vatican's hiding anything. If they had been, napoleon would have published it, avid atheist that he was.

When Napolean conquered Italy in 1796, he sacked the vatican and carted the contents off to Paris. They weren't returned until after the Congress of Vienna.

The Secret Vatican Archives

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If the Vatican had documents which "debunk" their dogmas, doctrine and theology, why would they not destroy them? I doubt if such documents exist that they'd keep them. As for the archives, I'm sure many of the documents are in fragile condition; they don't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry in there.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If the Vatican had documents which "debunk" their dogmas, doctrine and theology, why would they not destroy them?

Cause the Vatican will hold those for a long long time do to there Heretical but at the same time Historical value.

The Vatican hides things from "Followers" eyes because yes some of it can be harmful to the "faith". Why? Because for example The pre-Constantine Bible had a few extra books in it. Had those books been placed in the bible Especially the Gospels then the Gospels wouldn't Contradict eachother so much. (Read the Jesus Prays in the Garden in All four Gospels, You'll see). But you don't actually think they destroyed the Others.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I suspect that they have many texts relating to occult themes. Something they deem "dangerous" for the general public to know. Who exactly is it "dangerous for? Is it "dangerous" to us, or to their control?

[edit on 26-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I suspect that they have many texts relating to occult themes. Something they deem "dangerous" for the general public to know.

Anything that can make you think for yourself, or question what you should not is deemed dangerous.

But yes they have occult literature, but this isnt a secret. I would love to visit it, but the probem is knowing the languages that the original text is in. Im stuck with English and Hungarian. Any famous text in Hungarian?

It would be nice to see some kind of tranalstion of main controversial works published.
They should open it up for that...

Peace

Dalen

[edit on 26-10-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Again, if it were something which could "threaten their control", why not dispose of them, and dispose of the threat.

If one is not Catholic, what "control" does the Vatican have over you?

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think it's really worth stopping for a moment and listen to what Dalen has been trying to say this entire thread:

They're not hiding anything.

They're not stocking anything away and keeping horrific secrets from the rest of the world.

Like Dalen said, if you're really curious as to what's in there...get your PhD in reaaaaaally old languages and go read it.

I'll bet you dimes to donuts that you would be reaaaaaaally disappointed.

Which is why, with all due respect to Dalen, I don't really think it's worth doing.

It's much more intriguing to sit back and just KNOW that there is a dusty tome in the deepest depths of the Vatican that explains how they built the Hitlerbot 3000 and programmed it to seize power and destroy Judaism.

The reality? Probably a lot of books on how to grow wheat in an arid environment...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
Again, if it were something which could "threaten their control", why not dispose of them, and dispose of the threat.

If one is not Catholic, what "control" does the Vatican have over you?

exactly, zilch. They have no power at all, even over Catholics. They USED to have huge power, and that's why it was infiltrated by shady characters, hence all the assassinations.

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Rumors abound as to what they may be hiding,
But i`ll warrant there is one helluva lot of documents relating to operation paperclip,
for a start.

external source
"Much of the information surrounding Operation Paperclip is still classified."

en.wikipedia.org...

And of course the Inquisition:

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course,the likes of the pope don`t want to refer to such trivialities,they are more
concerned with slagging off other peoples prophets,for geopolitical gain.

Bet they have documents concerning this as well,in their catacombs of secrets.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
As mentioned, why keep several thousand smoking guns below the Vatican, when they can destroy them, thus preventing 'terrible' secrets from reaching public consumption.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Because knowledge IS power Peyres.
And because its handy for blackmail maybe,and political lobbying influence.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Blackmail who? Themselves? How secret can the archives be if the Vatican website has a link to their Secret Archives - how can you have "secret archives" when they are not (or no longer) a secret?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join