It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear. Genuine?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
For all those who expressed concern about this thread, one way or the other, or have a problem with information being posted derogatory or otherwise, or want the mods to close the thread, or think I am spreading disinformation, I would like to make it clear that I would sincerely appreciate it if everyone could make an effort to spell my name correctly. It is: John Lear. thanks.

I dont think your spreading disnfo at all john, but if i could be perfectly honest i simply
doubt what you say, i think what you say about life on the planets in our solar system
is untrue.

I know you don't have to be here john, and im gratefull i have your presence in my thread. I also know you dont have to prove anything if you dont want to.

But i feel you have to. I feel you have to back up your incredible stories for your reputation to stand proud(concerning this) along side your glittering air force career.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This thread must be quite a trip for you John...

I always said, "i wish I knew what others said behind my back..."
well here ya go, and If i were you, would feel pretty good...

I dont beleive everything John says... but for the things i have researched, I think John believes them... and that means he is genuine as can be...

I also feel that he has not always lived his life this way... and on some level, his volunteered exposure to ridicule and critism here, is a way of making answer for, and perhaps even apologizing for past involvments

Giving oneself a public voice, after much public critism is a very understood thing...
I would ditto it in a minute, if i had the dispersions cast about me that John has...

But the name of the game is deny ignorance, so if you beleive everything ANYONE says, regardless of celebrity... then you are a vulnerable sucker...
dont be a sucker... always check sources, and always look for the origin of the story...

I have recently seen agressive disinformation campaigns undertaken to distract from important issues that fill our government... is there something that we should be looking at right now, rather than whether John is being honest?

From the previous Lars document...
When John points one way, we should look the other... so ask yourselves...
have you been diligent in keeping abreast of current events?

is there some nefarious reason for John to make the foray onto ATS to be the misguiding traffic director?

As i said before... Personally, I am satisfied with his answers given thus far...
but please dont take my word for it... do your own homework... quit copying others...

I think some very great posts have been made here, and much new information has come up, that has been addressed...

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I had noticed him a few times in threads but did not know who he was until I saw this thread yesterday. I then read through the Q&A thread that's going on now and read the pertinent links. After reading his responses I like him. It would be hard not to.

I do not see it as he is receiving any special treatment. It is obvious that the moderators pay a lot more attention to his threads though. I would do the same as he appears to be a valuable resource and that benefits us all.

Is he for real? I would answer that this way:
He is a reincarnation of my father. Same general attitude and way of expressing himself. To put this in context I'm 51 and my father would be 90. An old school horse trader would be a good way to put it. He has mastered the art of sarcasm (which I respect) and often people seem oblivious to it and I'm sure many like me get a little chuckle out of that. His answers are direct, too the point, honest and he seems to be completely open to new or conflicting information. He strikes me as completely for real and if he says he believes something he believes it. I only see one point that may be irritating in that he sometimes chooses to ignore reasonable questions when they conflict with his views. I don't get the impression he's avoiding them but instead avoiding conflict which again earns my respect.

Whether you believe him or not it would be hard not to like this man. Being a lifetime Prospector / Rock-hound I'd like nothing more than to spend a couple of days with him at his mine listening to his stories.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I also feel that he has not always lived his life this way... and on some level, his volunteered exposure to ridicule and critism here, is a way of making answer for, and perhaps even apologizing for past involvments

Have these allegations (a la smuggling drugs & guns for the agency in Laos & Iran Contra) been verified by JL? If so, may I see the link.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Originally posted by thesneakiod

I feel you have to back up your incredible stories for your reputation to stand proud(concerning this) along side your glittering air force career.

I never served in the U.S. Air Force or any of our armed services. I flew for companies that provided airplanes and pilots for the CIA between 1966 and 1983. I never flew 'directly' for the CIA or received a paycheck from them for flying. I was privy to some interesting secrets during that period but none involving anything to do with aliens or UFO's. Beginning in 1979 I flew underground nuclear testing monitoring flights at the Nevada Test Site and held a Q clearance for that work which ended in 1981. I never flew near Groom Lake or TTR. I never heard or learned anything during that period that even remotely related to aliens or UFO's. Hope that clears things up.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I also feel that he must submit some proof or STOP making baseless claims.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I feel you have to back up your incredible stories for your reputation to stand proud(concerning this) along side your glittering air force career.

I never served in the U.S. Air Force or any of our armed services. I flew for companies that provided airplanes and pilots for the CIA between 1966 and 1983. I never flew 'directly' for the CIA or received a paycheck from them for flying. I was privy to some interesting secrets during that period but none involving anything to do with aliens or UFO's. Beginning in 1979 I flew underground nuclear testing monitoring flights at the Nevada Test Site and held a Q clearance for that work which ended in 1981. I never flew near Groom Lake or TTR. I never heard or learned anything during that period that even remotely related to aliens or UFO's. Hope that clears things up.

sorry my mistake.

Can you at least tell me who told you about about life on other planets? The soul
catcher on the moon? Did you see the proof itself?

I apologise if you have all ready answered these questions many times before.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Mr Lear so what if some don't believe some of what you say no one should believe evreything they hear anyway, but I'd bet the boat MOST would run out and buy your Auto-biography. Is it done yet? I got to go someone told me the sky was falling.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I got a Total ban. I can not log on any more.
And when I try to “Log on”,
It remembers which computer I am on
And I can not see the site at all!
“big brother 2”
I will tell you why later.
As I wont to give you time to read this.
Before this computer gets locket out.
It was not that bad wat I said.

Dae

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

It is: John Lear. thanks.

Im soo sorry! Ive just checked and it was me, only me, who spelt your name incorrectly.

learlearlear

OK, sorted.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Seems this is a one sided argument, its strange how not one single person has posted
to say they don't believe in him.

Just cos he is a nice person on a ufo forum talking about things he obviously has
a vested interest in, noone seems to doubt what he says? Noone appears to think
he could be making this all up? People believe him wholeheartedly yet they dont really
know him at all. I find it very weird.

Probably time to close the thread mods.

That's because they are all removed with out trace.
As was my one.
And it had no swearing.
It was only slightly critical.
And you criticise the government
for censorship!

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommy1979
I also feel that he must submit some proof or STOP making baseless claims.

that is the ONE area that can be considered a slight bending of the rules for John...
but for good reason...

John doesn't have presentable proof, but people kept buggin the hell out of him, so permission was given for him to post his views without proof...
and also without the "proof police" marking every instance...

does that help...

We wanted to know HIS VEIWS on certain topics, and john was willing to answer... the rest is history...

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Can you at least tell me who told you about about life on other planets?

I have several sources otherwise I would not be making the claim. One of my sources, the one who told me that the population on Mars is currently 600 million is the same guy who was on Level A8, Launch Complex 34, January 27, 1967 the day Grisson, White and Chaffee and the fourth astronaut burned to death in Apollo 1. It is the same guy that told me there was a fourth guy in Apollo 1 with Grissom, White and Chaffee and the fourth astronaut was part of the America's secret astronaut corps that Gary McKinnen found out a little about. My friend is no longer alive, he died a few years ago. There is no point in giving you his name because for all practical purposes he didn't exist. At least not on paper.

I have another source who told me that life, just like us, was on every planet in our solar system. But he still flys and I know he would appreciate his anonymity.

As for proof? You'll just have to wait until you can hitch a ride. I probably won't be around but I can hear you already, "Well I'll be a son of a *****. Lear was right!."

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I am headed for the mine until Sunday night. There’s not enough heat around here and I’d like to go up where its really hot! I have to put another coat of varnish on the woofer table, take the old kiln out of the assay lab and sand and varnish the railings up to the lab in case you think I’m just going up there to try and avoid answering where I flew the guns and drugs. Thanks and see you late Sunday night.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalmessiah

No one here has attacked him at all, in fact we've all been very civil about the issue.

And as for researching his material, where is the info that gives us the facts on life in all the planets as he puts it in our solar system?
He gets defended to the hilt just cos he moved in high social circles, so people argue that he is only telling us what he got told, but they fail to see that he could simply just be lying and no one has told him anything in the first place.

sorry for the confusion. the "attacks" I spoke of came in the q&a thread, not this one. I agree with you that these discussions have been very civil for the most part. there were several replies that were bad enough that the mods removed them. I'll just have to trust their judgement. I'm just pointing out the fact that in the few instances he has conducted himself in an upstanding manner. he has not lashed out like an unstable individual or changed his story like a liar.

does John give you a smoking gun for every claim? no, but he does give info on where to look & what to look for. IMHO its not much different than the mountains of circumstantial evidence "proving" CIA business ties, explosives in the towers, etc... he may not give us undeniable proof of his story but there is enough there for a more accomplished researcher to build a modest foundation on. things like the specific nasa photos he cites and the "santa claus" code the astronauts used signifying a ufo sighting are examples. maybe these things have been common knowledge for a long time, maybe not. my point is only that he has taken these things & tied them together in a different way & one worth exploring a little before its completely disregarded. we have some of the finest researchers on the planet on this forum. I'd just like to see all our resources exhausted before crying foul. maybe he is deliberatley lying to us, maybe he has been lied to or maybe he is telling us the truth. I dont know for sure & its safe to say noone here can prove ir disprove any of it for certain...yet. I am betting that someone here will uncover more concrete evidence one way or another. its just a matter of time.

for the record, until John Lear started posting here I had never even heard his name before. I hadnt even glanced at the material until yesterday. its safe to say I dont suffer from hero worship as some have put it. I can understand the argument over the double standard but as others pointed out the circumstances are different in this case. the admin made the call & I personally dont have a problem with it. ultimately all this huff & puff I just typed is nothing more than my opinion so take it for what its worth....not much at all

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You keep saying things like "vested interest" and "books and DVD sales" relative to John Lear. Do you think he has books and DVDs for sale? He doesn't, he doesn't even have a web site, he doesn't do the 'speaker tour" and he doesn't charge anyone or make a dime off sharing any of his beliefs.

So why are you so obsessed with this when it's not even correct?
There is no motive here beyond sharing what he believes with the people who ASK HIM.

The man has NO VESTED interest. He answers questions people ask him. WHY the HELL should he be bothered with anything beyond the answer?
Asking if he is "genuine" is like asking a Catholic if they are "genuine" when they profess their faith.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I have another source who told me that life, just like us, was on every planet in our solar system. But he still flys and I know he would appreciate his anonymity.

I wonder how the people on Pluto now feel that their home has been down graded...

If I was John I would be pretty pissed off about this thread, especially as he has only ever stated it is his opinion. The fact he is not makes him a better man than I..... Thanks John for all your input on this site.

TK

~~~~~~
Mod Edit
fixed quote

[edit on 25-8-2006 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
You keep saying things like "vested interest" and "books and DVD sales" relative to John Lear. Do you think he has books and DVDs for sale? He doesn't, he doesn't even have a web site, he doesn't do the 'speaker tour" and he doesn't charge anyone or make a dime off sharing any of his beliefs.

There is no motive here beyond sharing what he believes with the people who ASK HIM.

The man has NO VESTED interest. He answers questions people ask him. WHY the HELL should he be bothered with anything beyond the answer?
Asking if he is "genuine" is like asking a Catholic if they are "genuine" when they profess their faith.

Springer...

I think i have only used the phrase vested interest once, and i didn't even mention anything about books or DVDs in any of my posts.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Can you at least tell me who told you about about life on other planets?

I have several sources otherwise I would not be making the claim. One of my sources, the one who told me that the population on Mars is currently 600 million is the same guy who was on Level A8, Launch Complex 34, January 27, 1967 the day Grisson, White and Chaffee and the fourth astronaut burned to death in Apollo 1. It is the same guy that told me there was a fourth guy in Apollo 1 with Grissom, White and Chaffee and the fourth astronaut was part of the America's secret astronaut corps that Gary McKinnen found out a little about. My friend is no longer alive, he died a few years ago. There is no point in giving you his name because for all practical purposes he didn't exist. At least not on paper.

As for proof? You'll just have to wait until you can hitch a ride. I probably won't be around but I can hear you already, "Well I'll be a son of a *****. Lear was right!."

Im sorry but that is a cop out. Anyone could makes those claims and state that the person who told them is dead or is scared of being exposed. Its a classic statement.
If the person didn't really exist on paper, then there is no harm in giving us his name seeing as no one knows who he is, exposing him wouldnt be a problem. You could also give his background in his job, and ask him how he knew this information, surely you asked that.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Springer...

I didnt think this was a read all believe all website, i thought its motto is deny ignorance. Yet im constantly being berated for the questioning of a member(which
thats all he is by the way) who says some quite outlandish claims but then offers no
proof or evidence due to the person he got it off being dead or he's a mr x. Im sorry, but that doesnt cut it for me and shouldnt for anyone else on this site.

Especially for the implications and change that would engulf mankind if they were true.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join