It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UCSD Students Fear "Operation College Freedom"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What is the word on this, I havn't read anything about it, and don't recall much being said elsewhere. Was it covered and I just missed it, is this real or no?

Some of us on campus tried to do the simple act of circulating a letter
opposed to wasting so much money on this ["Operation College Freedom"]
in the name of the war on terror and further militarizing our campus.

Unfortunately, the climate of fear at universities in the US has gotten to
such a height that no one would sign on. We even asked for suggestions and
changes in the wording, but no one replied with those either.

Cryptome

Any ways;
Considering the point made about it being a waste of money when real situations could better make use of said funding.

I would sign the letter, and those who know me would expect nothing less. May not be a student at that university, but if my signature being the first would be all that it took then so be it.

It's disappointing how ever if true, that none had the courage to stand up and support such. Don't we owe it to our parents and grand parents, let alone forefathers before us who stood up when it had to be done?

We wouldn't be going down a new road, just the one less traveled.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am more concerned by the fact that no one is bothering to demonstrate and oppose this. After all, colleges being the bastion's of left wing pinko-commie thought that they are, you'd think hoards of students not only would sign this, but would also be holding a big demonstration about it.

It can mean one of two things. Either our young people, once the revolutionaries and bold pioneers of civil unrest have become too frightened, or.........even worse.....they have actually accepted it and do not oppose these exercises on their campus. The second is far more disturbing.

After all, in this day and age of rule by the right wing religous nuts, we need them to provide balance and counterforce.

If we can no longer rely on our dear left wing commie pinkos, what chance do we have of getting out of this sickening mindset?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hey Skadi, give it a couple more years, a couple more wars... and THE DRAFT. Once that hits it'll jolt a few people out of their complacency. It's what it took to make people protest about Vietnam - which is probably why they'll do everything they can to avoid drafting people.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well this type of behavior is expected after years of drilling the people on how our government takes care of us.

the new generations has been groomed to accept anything presented to them with minimum responses.

All this is make me wonder as to the real issues behind government games.

I guess the population is been tested to see how pliable and malleable they really had become.

Is a shame to see this type of manipulation in the name of terror.

I guess we have become a nation of terrorized people after all with not will of their own and no will to question anything.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have to say that in my experience, people in the UK are rather more skeptical of the whole "terror alert" thing than in the US. A lot of people here are waiting to see how this whole airplane bomb thing shakes out... it all seems a bit thin, frankly.

I think the US government is doing a grand job of making its citizens frightened and, as you say, Marge, malleable.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
"no longer rely on our dear left wing commie pinkos"?
It is that bad isn't it? damn...

Marg you make a great point, about how the government would like every one to think they take care of us. When it is the people who have been takeing care of the government.

By not getting involved it just allows them to step in and decide for those who won't vote. Just think if every one who don't or didn't vote did, and we all voted 3rd party. Congress would never have came in and made an "appointment".
Makes me wonder who will be appointed next president. They better start WW3 because Bush won't have too much longer to choose. Or is that Sr. who might keel over and leave it to jr...no not that, any thing but that....err

The Presidential Bush Dynasty
It just ain't right.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
The Presidential Bush Dynasty
It just ain't right.

I tell you what . . . if another Bush runs for president on the next elections we all will know what is becoming of our nation.

And we better be ready to fight back. . .

That if . . . another Bush runs again and we all know who that may be. . .

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It seems to me that the student body in question has the common sense not to politicize the issue of terroism preparedness.

Terrorists are at this moment preparing to strike the US again and the morons behind this letter want to impede the effort of Americans to defend ourselves and to respond effectively.

Pulling Katrina into the equation is just an indication the lack of moral fiber of those who tried to pass off this tripe.

I'm just guessing that UCSD takes federal funds and that at least some of those students who oppose the terrorism exercise accept federal grants and loans.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just because they take federal money to help them through school (a scam in and of itself if you want my opinion) doesn't mean they have to swallow the government's agenda hook, line, and sinker.

The climate of fear, the

Terrorists are at this moment preparing to strike the US again

the fighter jets constantly roaring overhead, the militarization of the campus all serve to further isolate and indoctrinate the students into the above mentioned mindset.

Lest we forget, to our mortal peril, lest we forget:
We hold these truths to be self-evident.........that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I guess many had forgotten that our Constitution protect us citizens from the wrong doings of our own elected government.

We have the right to denied powers under a pursue of agendas when it comes to our own elected officials.

top topics

join