It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A&E 'In search of' Documentaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I have been looking for these things online for some time. There are a few really outstanding ones, does anyone know where I could find them?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well, the official A&E website is here, but if you want to purchase their documentaries on video or DVD, you have to go to the A&E Store.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I imagine ebay would have every documentary you could ever want...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Militiaman
I imagine ebay would have every documentary you could ever want...

...But *finding* it on auction at any given time would be a time-consuming pain in the @$$...

Why not just go to the *source* of those documentaries that you're looking for?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Are you refering to the same "In Search Of..." that was hosted by Disco Spock?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
^^ yup. they're the ones from about the '70s. they're pretty old in terms of media. I'm sure A&E has copies of the shows for sale on their website, but I think they're probably fairly expensive. at the end of every show on the channel, there's a promo saying that show is available on DVD/video for $24.95. that's quite expensive for one program.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You could email a question to them & ask for a list of the synopsis of all of the shows...That way you can order just the ones you want.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Even still....$25 for one hour long show...is pretty damn pricey.... I'd say get a program guide then set a VCR to tape them...(or get a recordable DVD when they get cheaper...)

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
One problem with that is it could be a loooong time before (pretty much any) of those types of broadcasters actually set up a re-run of a show already broadcast. Discovery Channel sells tapes of their shows too...If I don't happen to catch it when it's running, it seems to take forever before they re-run it.

...Of course, that gives more time for the more "impatient" people to order the tapes...

top topics

join