It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

was it a good idea for the u.s to fund laden?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
First I apologise if this has been covered feel free to remove if it has.

Whilst watching a programe on t.v the other night where a lot of goverment headers sat down from a lot of countries and talked about the politics of the world at present, It came up about the CIA and ronald reagan funding bin laden.They also trained them. Was this a major error by the u.s or is bin laden still a pawn for the u.s to take out the middle east?I give you a link for more info.

www....-------------------------/library/bio/crime/terrorists/osama-bin-laden/

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Osama Bin Laden is still on the CIA payroll.

His entire family was flown out immediately after 9/11, gee i wonder why.

To answer your question, he was hired and funded for a reason. I

think i know why. Its called NWO.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It's no longer a mater if it was a good idea, after all at the time it was a great idea. It worked and brought down the Soviets, but in turn worked too well. Because now we are having a bad case of blowback. Over sight would have been nice then, if it wasn't overlooked or disregarded at that time.

Just seeing how that has affected the world today, should serve as a great example of what not to do.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
so ADVISOR a bad idea?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by theukman
so ADVISOR a bad idea?

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do any thing about it."
- Albert Einstein

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I recently read a report on CNN connected to their ridiculously overhyped "Footsteps of bin Laden" that airs tonight about this. Questions were posed by email to one of the lead reporters about bin Laden and his CIA connections. The invesitgator claimed that this is deep myth in the American psyche. That the CIA was obviously aware of bin Laden and tacitly approved of his army but that they did not finance him at all since he came to Afghanistan in the 80s with more money than he could possibly spend there in the first place.
I have no idea if it is true or not, just getting that out there.

Edited for typos!

[edit on 23-8-2006 by observer]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Originally posted by theukman
so ADVISOR a bad idea?

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do any thing about it."
- Albert Einstein

Amen to that. I wish old Al was still around. What an asset he would be to ATS.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
~~

good idea- - -bad idea......flip a coin

what was bad, no doubt about it, was when the CIA & the Northern Alliance

had Bin Ladens' hideout/house surrounded
(this was after OBL had become an enemy of the US)

and when the US commandos & CIA, called the Clinton
Administration & specifically Sandy Berger for permission
to take Bin Laden prisoner....the CIA forces were stymied
and had to abandon the mission,
because Clintons administration refused to stop, hold, arrest, detain, bin Laden !!

CBS is going to air a 5 hr mini-series on this Sept 10-11th
see; www.humanevents.com...
Article Title: ABCs "The Path to 9/11" is Outstanding

and this scene is part of that documentary, read more
on how Bin Laden was ?mysteriously? allowed to grow his al-Qaeda over the decade....long after the CIA had since stopped 'funding' him/his mujahadeen
and other ventures in Afghan or even the Sudan.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
COnsidering that entire CNN report was officially prepared disinformaiton, I wouldn't pay too close attention to it.

Warning, the following is a rant that won't make any sense based on what the general public knows:

[rant]
Who is in charge of keeping the public dark about this? I want a meeting so someone can explain the rational to me. I'm a reasonable person.

Seriously, there is a deep evil problem in this country if you are gonna keep lying about this, and you know who you are. (and no, I'm not bitching to the people who post on these forums. I'm bitching to the people who produced that CNN piece.) Ya wanna just read what the CIA wrote for you on camera? I know people in the CIA. They take antidepressants. Is it really that messed up in your world that you feel justified to literally lie to the people so deliberately?

I need to give Geoerge Knapp a call if you don't get a better policy for informing the public. We are not your freaking tools. We are the electors and deciders of our governments values and positions. So listen up: YOu cannot continue to lie like this. It is beyond strategically valuable and has transgressed into the evil. Wake up and fight for your own values, the ones you are supposedly soaring around like eagles to defend. ARgh!

And if you can show me one reasonable reason why this is an important lie, fine. But otherwise, you are evil and it shows. It is your responsibility to INFORM the public on matters that concern them and to which they MUST contribute to a NATIONAL ddebate about the future of our empire. Prove me wrong.

Hope I don't get told to shut up the old fashioned way either, that's not a good answer. I don't canoe at midnight. I have everything to live for.
[/rant]

[edit on 24-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 24-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

new topics

top topics

join