It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with America today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I could have titled this thread what's right with America today, but we have a great many problems so lets concentrate on fixing those problems.

So what's wrong with America today?

For every problem, with America that you identify, I would like for you to propose a solution to that problem.

Please keep in mind that stupid solutions are just stupid. So please try and put some intelligent thought into it.

i.e.
1) Problem
2) Solution to problem

Other than that open fire.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Simple and easy put, sums it up and puts the cause in the front. Honest enough for you?
What is ever wrong with any thing? I swear this is a divergent thread from BTS...

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
one of the biggest problems with the american people today is that they let religion control them to much, for instance the trouble in the middle east is partly brought on by jewish lobby groups in the us that have far to much power and influence, it isnt only the jews though there are christian groups i believe in the us that believe that israel must be protected and still standing on the day armageddon arrives ( i have heard it told that these beleif's are widely believed within the whitehouse) until these religous groups have their powers and influence over goverment policy curbed withing the US america will never reach it's true potential

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Apathy. I don't know how many times I've had to be the one that got help during a crisis someone else was facing; while everyone else stood around gawking and cracking jokes. They are the first ones to complain: "No one cares these days" because they know it's true.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Replies to this thread should be limited to Americans only. We have enough America/Israel/ hating, non-Americans posting their opinions on this board already.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
and then you would only have a one sided point of view, sometimes you have to be a little further away to see the problem more clearly

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The decline of top hats and bowler hats have gone hand in hand with decline of society.

That's all I'm saying. America needs a new hat.

p.s. Canada doesnt count.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Our seeming unwillingness to take care of ourselves.

Problem...wanting the gov't to be our ever loving nanny, and take care of us all. So that we can all be dole-taking zombies sitting in front of the tv all day.

Solution...start taking care of yourselves, dammit. Personal responsibility. Preparedness in case of natural disaster comes to mind. So many expect the gov't to respond instantly...not happening. Be prepared for whatever circumstances occur. You...not the gov't. You.

End of rant.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Even though we have enough American bashing threads on this site to last an eternity, this one does not seem too bashing, so I will see it as constructive. Of course until the Europeans on here start saying how much we suck.

Let's see, I have to agree, it is the people. Apathetic. We also don't seem to get a break...we are so capitalistic that most people here get less days off than people in China do...we don't even have a mandatory number of vacation days that businesses need to give.

In defense of some apathetic people though. Why should WE care about the rest of the world? When is there time to? If I had kids, my life would be 10 times more busy, and I wouldn't have time to care about Israel treating the Palestinians badly. Make sense?

The government, blah, don't get me started.

The government should take care of us first. It is our f'ing tax dollars.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Liberals. Baby Killers. Child Rapists. Trial Lawyers.

People can no longer police themselves on the "basics" of morality because they LACK ACCOUNTABILITY to GOD and want government to do it for them.
Also, hatred of George Bush. So much so that it blinds them to the real problems. Hurricane Katrina for example. The federal government had programs earmarked at reinforcing the levees years ago which was diverted by local government--aka---the whiny Negin guy, but who gets the blame? Not the black man who was running the show down there. THAT would be wrong!
Which brings up affirmative action. It needs to go. If you aren't out of the ghetto after so many years, you aren't getting out. The problem must be something else besides "racism".

PEOPLE JUST SIMPLY NEED TO GET OVER THEMSELVES!

new topics

top topics

join