It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and the President's favorite Marine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Does any one find it interesting that the re-emergence of Iran as a threat (oh sure), and Mr. North on TV (his show of all things), and the timeing of such t be at all intriging?
Of all things, I just see this as most over looked, dismissed...

To tie it in, just see the following. It's not a long read, and is well worth the time for info;

For make no mistake, without Oliver North the Iran initiative would certainly have developed differently and the profits from the arms sales to Iran most probably would not have been diverted to support the contra resistance in Nicaragua.
Parameters

Patterns repeat, and this just might have as much to do with today, as it did then.

Most importantly, the quoted section I've selected as follows, rings true now as it did then, and that is plenty enough for me.

Bolded text my doing.

Were agents of the FBI and the NSC security staff the enemy, or, in November 1986, were the people directed by the President to investigate Iran-contra the enemy? In the end, it seems, they could all be deceived in the name of a greater good known only to North and other members of the covert operations group. Therein lies the great temptation, of course, and the seeds of obsession that the agent himself may fail to recognize. Therein as well lies the ground on which the democratic system may come to grief. When the inefficiency and lack of responsiveness of democratic procedures become too great a luxury or danger, and persons other than the people's elected representatives conclude that, because they understand the real priorities, democratic procedures must be set aside, then the republic is perhaps most endangered.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I still chuckle at the irony of North being Fox News main military "expert reporter" and golden boy.

Only on Fox News.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I tell you what . . . I sat through the entire hearings of Oliver for the only fact that he was a Marine and so was my husband at the time.

I actually was very much taken by the way he handle himself through the hearings.

I thing he did a great job.

We can all tell that he has done very well for himself after his ordeal.

I bet that if he runs for a political position he may make it right now.

join