It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was better Freud or Jung

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I have read 'some' of both....and found myself raising eyebrows and laughing at Freud......and being in agreement with Jung..........

So my answer is Jung.

I pick Jung as the better, more knowledgeable of ACTAULL phycology, and not just a bunch of drug crazed weird ideas.......IMHO

[edit on 2-9-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
wow
not many people like freud
i havent read much of his stuff
any good books of his??
i have the Collected Works of C Jung which cost me $2500 au
but it was worth every penny

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
As Skadi_the_evil_Elf stated, Freud was a junkie.
He even went as far as to prescribe coc aine for depression (good for all of 15 min.).
If you ever have to see a therapists for anything, or just want to, avoid the ones that get Freudial on you. They're trying to impress some pseudo-masochistic franchise effort on you to drain your available funds.

My opinion, but I don't like Freud.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Double post deleted.

[edit on 9/3/2006 by bothered]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Bothered do you have any links to Freud beign a coke taker
i have never heard of this

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
On a search for "Freud coc aine", this page was first and seems accurate:

www.druglibrary.org...

Freud used coc aine "therapeutically", but in my opinion should have noticed the "crash" afterwards. This is why today, so many Freudians have to throw the disclaimer that anti-depressants are not a happy pill, because of the past ties with such.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
thanks for the link
i cant believe that Freud would do that
has anyone heard of Jung beign NAZI?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CYRAX
thanks for the link
i cant believe that Freud would do that
has anyone heard of Jung beign NAZI?

Freud's recognized contribution, for me, was that there was a new class of disease. One of the mind. What I don't appreciate is the failure to recognize true evil intent, and lumping it all into "They have a problem."

For any profession to totally disregard one's true intentions is an irrepareable fault that is hard to erase.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Freud .... He was imposing his own psychosis on everyone else, or so it seems to me.

Absolutely. The guy was a freak and projected his perviness onto everyone else to make himself feel normal. He was a total whack. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a closet pedophile. He was a coke freak as well.

Jung was better than Freud. Heck ... a trained chimp is better than Freud.

[edit on 9/5/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
In all fairness, Freud did have some good contributions. For one, he did a pretty good (though flawed) analysis of childhood development. The whole concept of childhood development had never occurred to anyone before. Also, he was the first to recognize the pattern of child molesting. Up until then, no one thought there was such a thing as child molestation. Freud observed that the majority of his women patients talked about being molested as a child. Freud collected the data, prepared his paper and presented it to the International body of therapists, but they basically shouted him down, so he himself dismissed it. That's where the whole "hysterical" woman thing came about, he figured the women were imagining it because there were so many others in his field who didn't believe it. Freud also developed the whole idea of analysis, too, which was the basis for modern psychology.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
i think we have to give some credit to Freud

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Freud was about bilk (sorry for the haste in my opinion, but little has advanced on his notion of analytical treatment). With the advent of computers, trouble signs and indications should be pooled to where they are recognized. Heck, I bet there are no less that (guessing?) 1,000+ servers that know my every click. But ask a Mental Health Professional about someone's habits, and you'll get your ears chewed off.

Maybe this wouldn't take place if so much of the data weren't skewed with personal views/fantasies/notions/complaints.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join