It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Anthem

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
yes. yes. opiate is beautiful.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
What about an ATS Messenger first because that still has yet to be done? However, anthem wise, the tune should be Gran Turismo meets Donnie Darko: Upbeat yet mysterious.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by risitar
What about an ATS Messenger first because that still has yet to be done? However, anthem wise, the tune should be Gran Turismo meets Donnie Darko: Upbeat yet mysterious.

hmm.. that could be a good tune.
i just love the donnie darko soundtrack. especially "manipulated living". that one's just great.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I could just see us all agreeing to an anthem when we cant agree the sun

came up today.

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
if i recall,
doesn't ATS already have one? i do remember one being created

[edit on 23-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I've always liked "Rule Britannia." Someone could write lyrics--maybe a contest or something.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
if i recall,
doesn't ATS already have one?

Yes... The ATS Theme: ats-theme.mp3

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

ah! i was right.

maybe, instead of an anthem, members could make an ATS album? create their own songs, etc? never know, could become very popular

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A theme song is a catchy jingle that is supposed to make you buy something, or recognize their product when your are exposed to the melody.

An Anthem, on the other hand, is meant to stir the emotions, to evoke images and feelings remind you of whole vistas of thought and personal history, welling up before your consciousness, and creating a particular mood.

Given the material on this site, ny nomination is Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells

[edit on 23-8-2006 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I feel that we as a Membership are too diverse a group of people to ever agree on something as subjective as musical preference. That coupled with the fact it would serve no purpose leads me to conclude that it's a silly idea.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'd like to nominate REM's "It's the End of the World as we Know it."

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
anthem?

i thought SO made a leet eletronica song?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I'd like to nominate REM's "It's the End of the World as we Know it."

Come on now, if we're talking about a song that's already out there than there is nothing that so captures the spirit of ATS than No Doubt's "Spiderwebs".

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by infinite
if i recall,
doesn't ATS already have one?

ahhh there it is, lys not read whole thread, lys just reply with furious venganerrrr i replied quickly.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Stand Up And Sing

Hmm, an anthem...

I've been kicking around an ATS anthem of sorts for a while in the back of my head called Ignorance Denied.

The style is sort of a Black Sabbath/Ronnie James Dio/Big Hair swing rocker with lots of percussive guitar work and duet harmonies.

Maybe I should get off my butt and record it.

Stand against the tide
Ignorance Denied...

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'd like to hear that Majic. Give it a shot.

As for our current ATS Anthem, I gave it a listen the other day and I must say I am a fan.

Who is the artist?

Something about the sound, seemed to fit well with ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I'd like to hear that Majic. Give it a shot.

As for our current ATS Anthem, I gave it a listen the other day and I must say I am a fan.

Who is the artist?

Something about the sound, seemed to fit well with ATS.

You got to make it smooth though, like an english capucino smooth over at Tim Horton's or a Toyota Corolla. Either way it can't be too original as that would be too caustic to be percieved as something that the general public can grasp and not be afraid of.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by risitar]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'd like to change my nomination to "Somebody's Watching Me" by Rockwell.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
First, you need a flag. Just ask the British, if you don't have a flag, you're nothing. For more detail, please consult Eddie Izzard's stand-up routine. It should be fairly simple, an array of shapes and colors that are not too harsh on the eyes, and preferably can be easily replicated on any piece of furniture or clothing for merchandising purposes.

Second, you need a pledge of allegience to the flag. That way, people aren't pledging their loyalty to any one leader, but rather to their country...er...web forum... It should be brief, sincere, and to the point.

Something like "I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the united forums of ATS, and to the ideals, for which they stand, one Forum, under mods, quite divisible, but tolerant of all."

Once you have a flag and a pledge, THEN you can start working on an anthem.

However, an anthem is not just some whackaday previous top 50 pop hit, it needs to be something original, something that was written in sole dedication to the object one is singing about. It also needs to be of mild enough matter to be easily remembered and thus, easily repeated. The instrumentation should be as classical and orchestral as possible, so as to be able to produce a very impressive sound when played by, say, the London Philharmonic Orchestra. The reason for this is that, unlike rock music, Orchestral pieces can generally be appreciated or at least respected, by anyone of voting age or older.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

"I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the united forums of ATS, and to the ideals, for which they stand, one Forum, under mods, quite divisible, but tolerant of all."

Once you have a flag and a pledge, THEN you can start working on an anthem.

Nice idea

Now, how would that flag look like?

An ATS logo on top of a Norwegian flag background?

A swastica style ATS flag to create a feeling of an "ATS über alles"?

But whatever we choose, it must be our own material and not some copyrighted stuff...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join