It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horizon H racer hydrogen fuel cell toy car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i just bought one of theres here
www.horizonfuelcell.com...

i got it a few days ago and it worked just as it said it actaully took hydtrogen out of water filled the small tank using a solar panel and the car ran well for about 1 min it converts the hydrogen to electricty to run a small motor. these are made in china so you got to orer it from there but if its so easy to create a fuel cell ike this at a low cost i would think it would be easy to make big ones but im sure the gas companyies wont allow that.

has anyone else gotten one of these i think they are very interesting how easy it is to create electricity from hydrogen this is just a plastic toy car that costs $80+ shipping im sure it costs far less then that to make it.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
thats strange i got a catalogue for iwantoneofthose.com a british gadget shop and the car you describe is in here for £59.99 but they dont have it on the website. it looks really cool, but only 1 min, sounds a bit dissappointing to play with, the catalogue says it goes for 100 metres.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by IntergalacticHippy]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
correction heres the link to the one on the website:
www.iwantoneofthose.com... -games-newarrivals/hydrogen-fuel-cell-car/index.html

another correction:
looks like its not a british company

[edit on 25-8-2006 by IntergalacticHippy]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

i got it a few days ago and it worked just as it said it actaully took hydtrogen out of water filled the small tank using a solar panel and the car ran well for about 1 min it converts the hydrogen to electricty to run a small motor. these are made in china so you got to orer it from there but if its so easy to create a fuel cell ike this at a low cost i would think it would be easy to make big ones but im sure the gas companyies wont allow that.

It really works? You know, that really is quite eye opening when you think about it. If they have the technology - in China - to create a toy that works with it's own fuel cell, then what technology is not being revealed? This is a conspiracy site, and during my tenure here I've seen just about every event in human history picked apart as some sort of a conspiracy at one time or another. I have to say that maybe there is a "BIG OIL COMPANY" conspiracy here. After seeing this, I am having a real hard time believing that the technology for this on a far grander scale doesn't already exist. Now that I think about it - maybe now that the oil companies see that other countries - like China - are about to let the cat out of the bag, they are scrambling. Is the incredible rise in oil prices due in part to this? So they can make as much as possible before the need for oil drops dramatically?
Hmmmm

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
yes it really work and it does prove that fuel cells are easy and farily cheap to make. another problem that i hear is that people are afraid to store explosive hydrogen. But there is another way to store it. its a chemical thats like a sponge that hold the hydrogen making it perfeclty safe and no longer flamable. i belive bob lazars hydogen system uses a storage system like this. hes been runnjing his 2 cars on fuel cells for years. but its the oil companies that are in full control there are many technologies that the goverment is withholding just like the fuel cells.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

It really works? You know, that really is quite eye opening when you think about it. If they have the technology - in China - to create a toy that works with it's own fuel cell, then what technology is not being revealed? This is a conspiracy site, and during my tenure here I've seen just about every event in human history picked apart as some sort of a conspiracy at one time or another. I have to say that maybe there is a "BIG OIL COMPANY" conspiracy here. After seeing this, I am having a real hard time believing that the technology for this on a far grander scale doesn't already exist. Now that I think about it - maybe now that the oil companies see that other countries - like China - are about to let the cat out of the bag, they are scrambling. Is the incredible rise in oil prices due in part to this? So they can make as much as possible before the need for oil drops dramatically?
Hmmmm

The first internal combustion engine (circa 1800's) ran on hydrogen because this was before oil was even being excavated as a fuel source. Imagine if we had kept improving that technology until today?

[edit on 8/27/2006 by ViolatoR]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
this is NOT a fuel cell. nit by any means of the word. it takes a little tiny bit of hydrogen and pressurizes it very slightlly.

new topics

top topics

join